Thanks Ian !

Posted by: spooky1

Thanks Ian ! - 02/08/04 10:56 AM

Ian, thank you for putting on such a great event! I know you put a lot of time and effort into it. It was an amazing journey (at least the first half was laugh ). I hope to be there for next years trip. [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: Pikachu

Re: Thanks Ian ! - 02/08/04 11:13 AM

Yea thanks...for a great time and the run was a blast and totaly worth the long drive from the east cost.

Keep up this style of trip and senic trails thart also have a lot of the nice technical stuff ... I it might not take me 5 years to come back out there.

Pika Pika
Posted by: Scott

Re: Thanks Ian ! - 02/08/04 03:17 PM

Thanks a bunch for organizing this Ian. All the work you put into it with GPS waypoints, routes, etc. has got to be a ton of work. It did make finding you camp sites easy - easier than finding you all AT the campsites smile

Maybe next year we will actually run WITH the group rather than behind you (Mosquito Pass), or ahead of you (Tin Cup, Taylor, Black Bear, Imogene). Being alone does have advantages for wildlife viewing. We saw tons of marmots, pika, ptarmigan, deer, grouse, and even wild turkey. You know what they say - if you aren't the lead dog, the views always the same smile

At least we got to chat with the group a few times, and we ran into a couple of the AZ folks in Ouray Saturday morning after we ran Brown Mountain and Corkscrew (up and back). We talked to them for a bit while we all aired up at the gas station.
Posted by: Erik

Re: Thanks Ian ! - 03/08/04 07:52 AM

I would also like to say THANK YOU for all your hard work. It was a great trip! I can't wait until next year. Also my brother called me yesterday asking me to find him a good used X. laugh He's got the bug!

Erik
Posted by: JustBlue

Re: Thanks Ian ! - 03/08/04 05:28 PM

Thank you, Ian. It's been a FUN week. I am glad I made it whole week. (except I missed the first two days. mad )

It's nice to meet everyone in this trip. I had a good time in the whole trip and had fun every night. [Spit] [Sleep]

PS. Special thanks to Cyclemut for helping me out when I was in the middle of nowhere and tried to figure out what's wrong. confused
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Thanks Ian ! - 03/08/04 09:14 PM

[ThumbsUp] Great time, I need more days next year though.
Posted by: xterraintx

Re: Thanks Ian ! - 04/08/04 01:04 PM

Ian and Leslie, you did another GR8 job. I am glad we all made it back with very little challenges and nobody hurt (except electro Chris) and minor damage except for Dan's recent post.

I want to say Howdy to all and thanks for letting the "Old Man" tag along.

Thanks, especially to some very good and patient spotters for 15 or so trucks, each obstacle, you were all awesome.

Nice to see and meet some new faces but even nicer to have an annual reunion with some old friends. I hope we can all meet again next year and add some new faces smile
Posted by: chupasierras

Re: Thanks Ian ! - 04/08/04 03:59 PM

I know I missed a really GREAT trip. I HAVE TO be there next year.

Congrats to Ian and all attendees... [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Thanks Ian ! - 06/08/04 07:07 AM

Thank You Ian!!!

You showed me two beautiful trails I had never even knew existed.

I hope next years is just as good