Gettin my nerves ready for GOX

Posted by: imacsae

Gettin my nerves ready for GOX - 27/08/01 08:04 PM

Well I realized that in all my excitement gettin ready for gox I have neglected to go wheeling for a month or so. I figured it might not be a good idea going out there cold so I went out on sunday and tackled my favorite spots to wheel as well as expanding my reach to a huge sand play area called red sands around here. After spending the whole day off camber and sliping and sliding I am ready for ouray. Have any of yall gone to play or is it just rookie nerves that drove me to do that to make sure I am up to snuff. I am also taking in my X for a full checkup this week to make sure it is in good shape.

can't wait kids see all yall there.
Posted by: Kerensky97

Re: Gettin my nerves ready for GOX - 27/08/01 08:22 PM

I have the same problem with wheeling somewhere new, I've been going up into the mountains every spare moment I could to practice.

I also made the mistake of pushing myself too far up an OHV sized trail and nearly rolled!

I figure there will at least be other X'ers at GOX to carry my poor broken body off of Black Bear Road. wink
I also made sure that the X was covered for offroad damage with my insurance. smile
Posted by: rrdstarr

Re: Gettin my nerves ready for GOX - 27/08/01 10:06 PM

I think everyone gets the jitters on new trails? I know that I do! It takes a couple hours of trail time to settle me down and get into the 4lo groove again! I hope I have enough digital film for all we get to see!
Posted by: Mosi

Re: Gettin my nerves ready for GOX - 27/08/01 10:16 PM

It doesn't take long to get used to.. Slimey, Chris Coyle, myself, and Schlud can vouch for that after doing our Cannonball run through Stoney Pass doing 30-40! Kids, don't try this at home!
Posted by: Shanna

Re: Gettin my nerves ready for GOX - 27/08/01 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
...to make sure I am up to snuff...

Oh, I could just have way too much fun with that!