Traffic problems on Imogene

Posted by: Steel_City_X

Traffic problems on Imogene - 12/09/03 06:52 AM

Floridians rescued after 2 days on peak

TELLURIDE - A Florida couple were plucked off a 13,114-foot peak Thursday by helicopter, two days after their sport utility vehicle was stranded in a September snowstorm after they set out for a drive.

So what vehicle were they driving?

This would have made Black Bear even more interesting than the rain. eek eek

You 'flatlanders' be careful up in the mountains.
Posted by: XOC

Re: Traffic problems on Imogene - 12/09/03 07:51 AM

Pretty impressive. They managed to make a cell phone call using a battery from a digital camera and a band-aid on their dead phone.

They still haven't been able to get to the SUV to recover it. Must be some good snow up there.
Posted by: Uzbad

Re: Traffic problems on Imogene - 12/09/03 10:26 AM

Well its got 10" snowfall in few hours on Molas pass, so i imagine that Imogene would be getting like 15-20".

I still cant understand how they heck they got stranded there. Face it - if you got conditions worsening - just turn around, Imogene gives plenty of places to make just that.

But i agree with Ian - its impressive that they figured out how to make call as i had my cell with me and there is no reception nearly for entire trail.
Posted by: KCX

Re: Traffic problems on Imogene - 12/09/03 11:22 AM

Is their a link for this story? I would like to see it.
Posted by: Paul H

Re: Traffic problems on Imogene - 12/09/03 12:10 PM

WOW very impressive indeed.
Posted by: socalpunx

Re: Traffic problems on Imogene - 12/09/03 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KCX:
Is their a link for this story? I would like to see it.
It's an AP story so it should be the same in pretty much every newspaper.
Posted by: XPLORx4

Re: Traffic problems on Imogene - 12/09/03 02:31 PM

Quote:

Because Seaton had a fishing license, there will be no bill for his rescue, Smith said.
Huh? [Huh?] What does having a fishing license have to do with getting rescued? confused
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Traffic problems on Imogene - 12/09/03 02:41 PM

Well, you see.. Fish first saved man in about 14800 bc. It was an overcast day when Atook found himself stranded high atop an alpine meadow... [Freak]
Posted by: Kerensky97

Re: Traffic problems on Imogene - 12/09/03 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Well, you see.. Fish first saved man in about 14800 bc. It was an overcast day when Atook found himself stranded high atop an alpine meadow... [Freak]
[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
Posted by: XOC

Re: Traffic problems on Imogene - 12/09/03 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
Huh? [Huh?] What does having a fishing license have to do with getting rescued? confused
Colorado law. If you pay any type of back country fee, like his fishing license, your rescue isn't charged to you. It was designed to increase income for wilderness divisions.
Posted by: Xterrian

Re: Traffic problems on Imogene - 14/09/03 05:55 AM

I think the real story here is the guy that might be charged for a rescue when he apparently rescued himself. If I were him I would agree to pay all rescue costs and then give the guy from the campground that gave him a ride $5 for gas because that's all it cost to rescue him.

"He walked to a campground Thursday and someone drove him to the sheriff's office, Smith said. He was eager to contact friends and family to let them know he was OK and turned down food and coffee.
Magoffin could be asked to pay for rescue efforts because he had no hunting, fishing or hiking license"