just came over Black Bear and Imogene....

Posted by: Steel_City_X

just came over Black Bear and Imogene.... - 09/06/04 12:08 PM

At about 17,500 feet though.

Lots of snow in the basins.

I took pictures from a Cessna 421, so I'll see if they came out clear enough to post.

No more big hair......after 6 month's, I finally got a cut.

Todd
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: just came over Black Bear and Imogene.... - 11/06/04 10:54 AM

Those should be some cool pics cant wait to see em.

That 17,500 had me thrown for a bit until I read cessna.
Posted by: XOC

Re: just came over Black Bear and Imogene.... - 11/06/04 01:44 PM

Here is Ingram Basin from the summit of Black Bear Pass just down to where the Steps begin.

I have highlighted where the trail follows the rim of the basin.

This shot is just below the shot of Ingram Basin where Black Bear enters the Steps and continues onto the switchbacks down to Telluride.

This is why GOX is no longer hosted during the 4th of July, we'll be lucky if Ingram Basin is open by the last week of July.
Posted by: Steel_City_X

Re: just came over Black Bear and Imogene.... - 12/06/04 03:18 PM

Thanks Ian.

We were originally further south until I realized where we were, the pilot veered off to the north so we could see this area.

For those who have met my 12 year old, he got to fly for about 20 minutes over the Lake Powell area on the flight out to Vegas.

I got about 30 minutes of flying time from Cotopaxi into Pueblo, about .5 miles from the runway.

It was a kick in the ass to be able to fly a plane.

Todd
Posted by: Hawkeye

Re: just came over Black Bear and Imogene.... - 16/06/04 10:28 AM

I was in Telleride over the first weekend in June, we couldn't even make it to the last switchback to the powerhouse, had to walk the remainder. I saw where Black Bear joins and it was covered with about 4 feet of snow still. Beutiful area though.