Official 2007 NFL Thread

Posted by: NismoXse02

Official 2007 NFL Thread - 07/09/07 06:55 AM

Good to see the Colts picking up where they left off. [ThumbsUp]

Now, let's see if the Texans are going to be the real deal this year.
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 07/09/07 07:07 AM

Go Texans.

wink

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 07/09/07 07:22 AM

Well, we already knew that those Texans were the real deal. laugh
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 07/09/07 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Good to see the Colts picking up where they left off. [ThumbsUp]
As a Saints fan, I couldn't disagree more. [ThumbsDown]
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 07/09/07 04:30 PM

Wow.... The Jets don't even have cheerleaders. eek

I'm a little worried about the Jets opener against New England.

But then again... as a Jets fan I'm always worried. smile
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 08/09/07 04:29 AM

The Bears are 8-1 odds on winning the Super Bowl...right behind their opening week opponent. Top rated NFC team. Let's see if they have what it takes to get back to the show!!!

Now that Grossman has his rookie jitters out of the way, it should make for an interesting season! I don't care what people say, he got the team to the SuperBowl in his (technically) rookie season, and overall, put up some decent numbers doing it. He just needs to work on his consistency now...

Still not sure about Cedrick Benson as the feature back, but I love the idea of using Devin Hester as a WR as well as KP/PR. Should add some pizzazz on an already potent offense!

As far as the Defense goes....What's there to say?!? They're going to dominate even more this year with a healthy Mike Brown and Tommie Harris, and the removal of the cancer known as Tank Johnson!

I just hope that the ENTIRE TEAM stays healthy....

GO BEARS!!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/09/07 02:42 PM

From NFL.com, about Denver's win at Buffalo:

---
Jason Elam, who had missed two field goals earlier, nailed the game-winning kick as time exercised...
---

Just picturing that... [Freak]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/09/07 05:59 PM

Damn, someone tell Mario Williams he doesn't have to make up for the 2nd half of last season all in one game. eek Good Lord, dude was playing out of his mind. What a good statement game for him now that he's 100% healthy again and, oh yeah, actually has help around him on the line. Texans looked pretty damn good, not great, but it was only against the Chiefs who will probably suck this year. Still, good way to kick off the season. [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 10/09/07 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
Should add some pizzazz on an already potent offense!

They're going to dominate even more this year with a healthy Mike Brown...
Doh! [Freak]
Posted by: Auditor_Kevin

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 10/09/07 09:38 AM

Speaking of health, anyone else draft Brandon Jacobs for their fantasy football team?

Six carries and he gets injured. I swear I'm a curse on anyone I draft.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 10/09/07 09:42 PM

I had jacobs...

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/09/07 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
Speaking of health, anyone else draft Brandon Jacobs for their fantasy football team?

Six carries and he gets injured. I swear I'm a curse on anyone I draft.
And all this time I thought Madden and SI were the only threats to players. [LOL] j/k

Was anyone impressed with Chad Johnson's endzone celebration last night?

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/09/07 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
Was anyone impressed with Chad Johnson's endzone celebration last night?
You talking about with the Hall of Fame jacket? Meh. I thought it was a little uninspired.

Granted, I had no volume, I was in a restaurant when it happened.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/09/07 09:27 AM

Best thing about football this year?

Frank Caliendo on the pregame show on FOX making fun of John Madden. Hands down.

The Pack beating the Eagles (or should I say, the Eagles beating themselves) comes in a close second.
Posted by: Smith

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/09/07 12:36 PM

[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1220/1372611380_6aa751b8c6.jpg?v=0[/img]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/09/07 01:29 PM

Quote:
[Spit]

F-ing cheaters. [ThumbsDown]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 06:49 AM

Meh.. Way overblown by the media, in my book.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
How do you figure? Are you a Patriots fan? Otherwise, there's no way to justify it. They're messing with the integrity of the game. Pete Rose did it in baseball and look what happened to him. Every NFL player who was asked said, "Uh, yeah, that would help a lot" (paraphrased). Just like Barry Bonds who still has to put the bat on the ball, the Patriots still have to execute the plays. That doesn't make it alright and cheating is cheating. Roger Goodell agrees he as just set the standard for this. Now they're saying they could have been doing this for the past 5 years. eek All that talent and they have to stoop to this level. :rolleyes:
Posted by: BigE515

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 07:22 AM

Quote:
[LOL]
I can't wait for the day when a baseball player on the Astros gets caught with roids or HGH, or a Texas footabll team gets stupid like the Patriots and gets caught doing what everyone else does. Just to see what St. Nismo has to say then. Save us SuperNismo, use your powers of good to protect us from the evil in this cruel, cruel world. Chill out, dude.
(I'll be waiting for my response loaded with smileys, they can be so hurtful sometimes though)

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 07:32 AM

Quote:
I somewhat agree, it is overblown. If they were watching the other team then calling Brady or Belichick and telling them that the opponent is about to blitz, etc. But, cheating is cheating I just don't see a need for other teams or fans to use it as an excuse for losing. Do you really think other teams don't do this? Anyone can go to the store and buy a video camera and do that. I just hope their smarter than the Patriots and don't use the same person for the last 5 years. [LOL] So dumb. I'm sure there are other teams out there doing the same thing but rotating "camerman", disguising them as fans, doing it from the luxury boxes. C'mon, it's such an obvious and easy thing to do. The thing that pisses me off is the Patriots go out, put together a great team then put this asterisk on this season. Even if they win the Super Bowl this year being under the magnifying glass that they are under now, people will still call them cheaters. Another thing, why the hell would you "cheat" while playing the Lions, Packers and Jets? They suck! Dumb, just plain dumb.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
[Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby]
The obsession with me continues. [Sleep]

Is that enough smilies for ya? Here's one more [Finger]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 07:42 AM

Quote:
How do you figure? Are you a Patriots fan? Otherwise, there's no way to justify it. They're messing with the integrity of the game. Pete Rose did it in baseball and look what happened to him. Every NFL player who was asked said, "Uh, yeah, that would help a lot" (paraphrased). Just like Barry Bonds who still has to put the bat on the ball, the Patriots still have to execute the plays. That doesn't make it alright and cheating is cheating. Roger Goodell agrees he as just set the standard for this. Now they're saying they could have been doing this for the past 5 years. eek All that talent and they have to stoop to this level. :rolleyes:
I agree that it is cheating, but to me this is a very minor instance of it. To compare this to gambling on baseball is ridiculous (though I DO think that if Rose did NOT bet on the Reds, as the evidence indicates, then he should be allowed in the Hall). A rule is a rule is a rule, but some of the comments I've been hearing have been downright ridiculous.

Hines Ward anyone? Quit making your lame ass excuses! You lost. In a game six year ago. Fucking deal with it already!

Not to mention the fact Mangini is a fucking hypocrite. He only decided to rat the Pats out after the Jets got the shit kicked out of them last Sunday. Mangini worked for years with Belichick. Why speak up now?

Then the Packers bitching about it. How can the Patriots possibly use that tape? They play the Pack what, every four years? Completely useless.

Look, as I said, what they did was wrong. It broke the rules, Goodell laid it down, and it's over with. The Patriots still would have won the vast majority of these games anyway. Last I checked, they're pretty good.

And no, I'm not a Patriots fan. Just calling it as I sees it.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 07:49 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]How do you figure? Are you a Patriots fan? Otherwise, there's no way to justify it. They're messing with the integrity of the game. Pete Rose did it in baseball and look what happened to him. Every NFL player who was asked said, "Uh, yeah, that would help a lot" (paraphrased). Just like Barry Bonds who still has to put the bat on the ball, the Patriots still have to execute the plays. That doesn't make it alright and cheating is cheating. Roger Goodell agrees he as just set the standard for this. Now they're saying they could have been doing this for the past 5 years. eek All that talent and they have to stoop to this level. :rolleyes:
I agree that it is cheating, but to me this is a very minor instance of it. To compare this to gambling on baseball is ridiculous (though I DO think that if Rose did NOT bet on the Reds, as the evidence indicates, then he should be allowed in the Hall). A rule is a rule is a rule, but some of the comments I've been hearing have been downright ridiculous.

Hines Ward anyone? Quit making your lame ass excuses! You lost. In a game six year ago. Fucking deal with it already!

Not to mention the fact Mangini is a fucking hypocrite. He only decided to rat the Pats out after the Jets got the shit kicked out of them last Sunday. Mangini worked for years with Belichick. Why speak up now?

Then the Packers bitching about it. How can the Patriots possibly use that tape? They play the Pack what, every four years? Completely useless.

Look, as I said, what they did was wrong. It broke the rules, Goodell laid it down, and it's over with. The Patriots still would have won the vast majority of these games anyway. Last I checked, they're pretty good.

And no, I'm not a Patriots fan. Just calling it as I sees it.[/b]
[ThumbsUp]
What I wanted to say but, because I'm a Pats fan I can't. laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 07:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby]
The obsession with me continues. [Sleep]

Is that enough smilies for ya? Here's one more [Finger] [/b]
Obsession? Maybe if you had a vagina instead of acted like one.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 08:02 AM

Quote:
Well, I definitely agree with that which is why I ended it with that talent comment. Bonds was a HOF player before the juice and the he had to go and cheat. Cheating is cheating and when you get caught, you have to face the music. Your complaint about it being over exposed was mainly because it's the Patriots. If this was the Browns, Texans, Detroit etc. that did this, it wouldn't be that big of a story because, well, they suck. Just like a crappy player getting caught for the juice. Instead, it's the best team of the century that got caught. Now that a ruling came down, look for it to die down.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 08:04 AM

Quote:
Obsession? Maybe if you had a vagina instead of acted like one.
Aw, did I offend you and your Patriots team? :rolleyes: My bad, I didn't think hockey fans were so sensitive... I won't pick on BigE's teams anymore. I'd hate to hurt his feelings any further than I already have. In other news, the Yankees still suck.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 08:05 AM

If the Chargers beat the Pats on Sunday, there will be plenty more headlines. Hell, if the Pats win crybaby LT will probably accuse them of cheating again. laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 08:07 AM

A typical comeback from Nismo by me-
"Make up shit [Laughing] Make up more shit :rolleyes: Misquote, misquote, misquote [Finger] Make up more shit [LOL] [Finger] [Save the fine unicorns] "

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 03:05 PM

Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/09/07 04:32 PM

[Laughing]
I can't wait till they go on the road to see some of the fan made signs or see what "Ocho Cinco" does when he gets a TD against the Pats.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 16/09/07 02:15 PM

Wow, I was either off on my prediction for Carolina going to the Super Bowl or the Texans are for real. [ThumbsUp] That defense. eek

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 16/09/07 02:34 PM

Goooo Texans!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 16/09/07 03:03 PM

nice hooker boots!

Patriots VS Chargers......if Patriots win, everyone will say they cheayed AGAIN. If the Chargers win, 'see, the Patriots can't win unless they cheat!'
[Uh Oh !]
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 16/09/07 03:21 PM

Quote:
if Patriots win, everyone will say they cheayed AGAIN. If the Chargers win, 'see, the Patriots can't win unless they cheat!'
[Uh Oh !]
Yeah...so what's your point?

laugh

The biggest problem I have with the Patriots is Mr. Bill. He knows how to win, that's for sure. But he is such a piss poor loser. His reaction when greeting Manning after losing last year pretty much says it all.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 16/09/07 06:36 PM

I must have missed that, what did he do? He doesn't talk very much, he's not exactly Captain Personality. If he didn't coach my hometown team I'd probably think he's a dink too.

My remote is getting a workout tonight, Pats-Chargers, Sox-Yanks. Great night for Boston sports! laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 17/09/07 07:44 AM

Well, New England certainly showed people who the team to beat is last night. Impressive performance.

Who the hell would have imagined Cleveland outshooting Cincinnati? [Freak]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 17/09/07 10:19 AM

Quote:

Who the hell would have imagined Cleveland outshooting Cincinnati? [Freak]
Definitely not me... I had benched both Jamal Lewis AND Braylon Edwards on my fantasy team this weekend...

mad mad mad

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 18/09/07 07:37 AM

When you're sucking, play the race card:

McNabb says black QBs under more pressure

:rolleyes:

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 19/09/07 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Definitely not me... I had benched both Jamal Lewis AND Braylon Edwards on my fantasy team this weekend...

mad mad mad
Ouch..

Don't worry, I lost both my games too. mad

Quote:
When you're sucking, play the race card:

McNabb says black QBs under more pressure

Guess Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Drew Bledsoe, Eli Manning, Rex Grossman, etc. are all black?

Interesting to note, all those QB's listed above, except for Grossman, were drafted in higher positions than McNabb.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 19/09/07 06:29 AM

Quote:
Interesting to note, all those QB's listed above, except for Grossman, were drafted in higher positions than McNabb.
Found money. Brady was taken in the 6th round. eek

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 23/09/07 11:21 PM

Speaking of Grossman....

There won't be too many nice articles written about him this week. The booing of the Chicago fans said it all.

Tony Romo seems to love Sunday Night Football. You can't argue with his performance against the Giants two weeks ago either. I'm not a Dallas fan either, but the guy stepped up and he's showing a lot so far this year.

Speaking of the Giants... today's game was more than a surprise. They played like shit for the first half. It was almost like a different team came out for the second half. The defense actually showed up.

It was a good day for NY. Both the Jets and Giants won. Both are currently 1-2.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/09/07 06:28 AM

Wow, the Texans are no longer the Texans anymore. They hung with the Colts without half of their team. eek [ThumbsUp]

On a side note, I don't think I've seen that many injuries from one team before. frown

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/09/07 06:35 AM

The Texans are for real this year...don't know if they will go deep in the playoffs or not, but they'll have a great regular season.

I just want to say thanks, on behalf of Chiefs fans everywhere, to the Minnesota Vikings for not showing up in the second half last night laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/09/07 08:20 AM

That interview was already shot before the season started. McNabb looked good yesterday, even if it was against the Lions.
Posted by: TravelingFool

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 25/09/07 10:53 AM

I am more than "pleasantly surprised" at how well my Packers are playing this year! Of course, now that I've expressed my jubilation; they'll go on a 5 game losing streak... but what the hell, right?

I am LOVING the Vikings crumble into oblivion right now!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 08/10/07 09:39 PM

All I can say after that MNF game is Wow.

I mean, wtf?? I can't believe Dallas won that game. [Freak]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/10/07 06:38 AM

No kidding, huh? eek I hope they know how lucky they were to be playing the Bills. They wouldn't have been able to pull that off against any other team with a performance like that.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/10/07 03:27 PM

The Bulls offense didn't score a single touchdown. The fact they stayed in the game at all was a miracle. By the look of Mr. Jones in the owners box... wow. SOMEBODY was gonna get fired if they'd have lost that game!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/10/07 03:59 PM

[LOL] ^^^

GO CARDS!!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/10/07 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
The Bulls offense didn't score a single touchdown. The fact they stayed in the game at all was a miracle. By the look of Mr. Jones in the owners box... wow. SOMEBODY was gonna get fired if they'd have lost that game!
No kidding. Both offenses stunk up the joint last night. Dallas just managed to pull it off.

Where's Jim Mora when you need him?

For the record, New England's going to pummel the shit out of them next week. Then beat Miami, and lose to the Skins at home in a shocker! laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/10/07 10:14 PM

Vinny Testaverde has now thrown a touchdown pass for 21 straight seasons in the NFL...

eek

I was 10 years old when he threw his first touchdown. eek

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 15/10/07 06:13 PM

Quote:
Vinny Testaverde has now thrown a touchdown pass for 21 straight seasons in the NFL...

eek

As a Panther fan I was questioning signing him but he actually looked pretty decent out there. Although Carr should be back this week.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 16/10/07 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Although Carr should be back this week.
[Spit]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 16/10/07 07:35 AM

Quote:

eek

I lived near Tampa when the Bucs drafted him in 1987. It's unbelievable that he's still playing.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 16/10/07 06:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Although Carr should be back this week.
[Spit] [/b]
If Carr is better after the bye I would be surprised if he's not starting.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 16/10/07 06:54 PM

Quote:
If Carr is better after the bye I would be surprised if he's not starting.
I wasn't laughing about that. Carr is horrible and they might be better off with Vinny starting. eek

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 17/10/07 02:02 AM

Smith's a little, um.. slow. You have to "explain" things to him a little bit.
Posted by: MidnightX

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 22/10/07 09:56 PM

I just wanna say that the NFL is getting boring because the same teams win every year. Screw the Colts (and their uppity, elitist fans, including the one sitting next to me tonight that I wanted to elbow in the face because he kept laughing at us under his breath) and the Patriots and their QBs.

If the Colts and Patriots go to the Superbowl AGAIN this year, I'm not watching it. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

And yes, right now I'm just mad about the game tonight. Spent time, money and energy outside tailgating and in the stands screaming my lungs out, but to no avail. I stayed til the very end. I almost wanted to cry. frown

I love my Jags but tonight they broke my heart for some reason. I guess I had high hopes.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 23/10/07 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
If the Colts and Patriots go to the Superbowl AGAIN this year, I'm not watching it. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........
Um. They're in the same conference... They can't both go to the SB.. [Freak]

Quote:
I love my Jags but tonight they broke my heart for some reason. I guess I had high hopes.
Are we still talking football, or are you bitching about your love life on here again? :p

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 23/10/07 06:58 AM

Quote:

And yes, right now I'm just mad about the game tonight. Spent time, money and energy outside tailgating and in the stands screaming my lungs out, but to no avail. I stayed til the very end. I almost wanted to cry. frown

Wish I could feel bad for you, but I've said those exact words about my Saints about 200 times since attending my first game in 1969. Super Bowl favorites? Right now I'm thrilled when the Saints get a first down. mad

In fact, as we watched another dreadful Saints loss sometime in the 1980's, my dad said in disgust, "I'll be dead before those clowns win anything."

He was right. He died in April of 1991, and later that very year, the Saints won their first division title. frown

It's all cyclical...the Colts and Patriots were absolutely awful for many years. Now is their time in the sun, and inevitably, they will decline as the 49ers and Dolphins have. The Jags are doing well for the season, have a good coaching staff, and some capable players, so you at least have hope. Truth is, there are two NFLs now, the Colts and Patriots and everybody else.

As for me, I choose to keep faith in the saying "Every dog has its day." The simple law of averages says the Saints will have theirs. I just hope I live long enough. laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 23/10/07 07:05 AM

Ya, I had a bad Sunday too, Liz. Tom Brady threw 6 TD's and the Red Sox came back from being down 3-1 to get into the World Series. frown

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 23/10/07 08:06 AM

Quote:
Are we still talking football, or are you bitching about your love life on here again? :p
I haven't bitched in a loooooooong time. Noticed? wink
Posted by: p.i.n.o.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 23/10/07 08:52 AM

Quote:

You think that's bad? Try being a Texans fan.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 23/10/07 06:09 PM

Try being a Jets fan. frown

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/10/07 09:39 AM

My vote for Jags fan of the year...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=glCRe7cSqhw

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/10/07 09:48 AM

OMG that's kinda funny. What if I knew that guy? Yes, those useless useless foam thingies were stupid. And they set off fireworks during halftime from the field and smoked out the whole stadium. We couldn't see anything...we couldn't breathe. And there was no F-18 flyover before the game which was bad luck I think. The entire night was just DUMB.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/10/07 11:01 AM

Quote:
And there was no F-18 flyover before the game which was bad luck I think.
Yeah, that's why the Colts owned 'em. [Freak]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/10/07 01:16 PM

Dude, please let me keep believin'.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/10/07 01:40 PM

Not until you tell me whether you made that Gator dress for Tim Tebow. laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 04/11/07 09:41 PM

The Patriots gravy train continues to roll.

Just when the Colts had 'em, the Pats pulled a Hulkster move and reached deep into the well.

Run the table? Maybe..

How bout that Adrian Peterson?! eek
Posted by: kirby34

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 04/11/07 10:09 PM

I don't mind the Colts losing the game. I had them at +5, so I still win! [Smoking]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 05/11/07 06:35 AM

I wish the Colts had all their players. Oh well, maybe they'll have them in the postseason when they meet for the real Superbowl. Welker is a stud and Belichick is a classless pussy. Still, I'm all for someone running the table so we don't have to hear about it from those Dolphin losers.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 05/11/07 07:01 AM

The Saints are (finally) back...and with their schedule, they're in pretty good shape.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/11/07 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
The Saints are (finally) back...and with their schedule, they're in pretty good shape.
Can I take that back? mad

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/11/07 09:54 AM

There's a lot of football left....

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 15/11/07 05:12 AM

With Ricky Williams being reinstated into the NFL, I really hope Miami decides to play him... I'd love to pick him up as a RB for my fantasy team... with Ronnie Brown getting hurt, and LT sucking nuts this year, I have no one at RB.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 18/11/07 07:40 AM

Quote:
I wish the Colts had all their players. Oh well, maybe they'll have them in the postseason when they meet for the real Superbowl. Welker is a stud and Belichick is a classless pussy. Still, I'm all for someone running the table so we don't have to hear about it from those Dolphin losers.
New England might as well start celebrating now. There is no way the Colts are going to be able to get past them.

They've now lost Freeney for the season. Harrison may be done for good (rumors are that his injury is permanent).

Over 10 starters injured. That ain't gonna get them past New England.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 18/11/07 10:24 PM

I don't think it matters.

New England is a juggernaut that of which I have never seen in the 25 years I've been keeping up with the NFL. With the exception of the Indy game, they have thoroughly dominated in every facet of the game.

And even the Indy game lent only false hopes to other teams in the league. Once the Pats "turned it on" in the last 10 minutes, they steamrolled right down the field and got touchdowns.

Jesus Christ. eek

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 19/11/07 03:02 AM

Quote:
I don't think it matters.

New England is a juggernaut that of which I have never seen in the 25 years I've been keeping up with the NFL. With the exception of the Indy game, they have thoroughly dominated in every facet of the game.

And even the Indy game lent only false hopes to other teams in the league. Once the Pats "turned it on" in the last 10 minutes, they steamrolled right down the field and got touchdowns.

Jesus Christ. eek
Except for Indy and Dallas, they have had shit for opponents. Their division is laughable.

The fact that Indy was able to keep up with them, with that many people out with injuries, says a lot.

New England's opponents - .4777 winning record. Take Dallas and Indy out of the mix - .371. THAT is laughable.

Indy's opponents - .561. Take New England out - .511. With the injuries they've incurred? I'd say that's pretty impressive.

I'm not saying New England isn't all that. I'm just saying I don't think they are the second coming everyone else seems to think they are.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 19/11/07 06:09 AM

Agreed, but they're definitely no South Florida.

I think the Indy game did it for me (in terms of actually buying into the Pats actually being able to run the table). They were in the house of the enemy, the arguably (at the time) best team in the league, down 10 to the defending SB champs, with a little less than ten minutes to go. Indy had ALL the momentum at that time. New England scores, almost create a turnover, make them punt, and score again. Then they make Manning cough up the ball, game over.

To me, that will be the defining moment of both teams respective seasons. Granted, Indy has been hugely beset by injuries (especially since that game), but that's the breaks. It seems since then that Indy has had the soul sucked out of their team, while the Patriots continue to play pattycake with the opposition.

Things could always change, of course. But right now, it seems to me that the Pats are Tiger Woods circa 2000, and everybody else is just that. Everybody else.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 19/11/07 10:10 AM

Who has Tom Brady faced with a legitimate sacking defense that puts pressure on him every play??
I would say if they blow out Pittsburgh, then yes, no stoppin them.... and after the Steelers dismal play against the Jets... it isn't lookin good. frown

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 19/11/07 08:24 PM

Well, it doesn't look like Mario Williams is going to be a bust afterall. Vince Young is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league and Reggie Bush is an average runningback that can catch good. In hindsight, there were a lot better players than those three and thankfully the Texans got one of them in the 2nd round. laugh

For those of you wondering why I'm bringing up a draft from 2 years ago... try listening to Houston Sports Radio. :rolleyes:
Posted by: Stonecoldchavez

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 20/11/07 08:01 AM

Vince Young sucks. I watched him last night, OMG he cannot throw. What is it side-armed?

He should ask McNabb where he will be in five years once he can no longer run to escape the pocket. Maybe he will get a $100 million contract like McNabb for winning, what.....oh nothing!!

Bottom line running QB's (other that Steve Young - who could stil THROW the ball), have ever won the Superbowl. It is pocket passers.

That Reggie Bush is working out also. :rolleyes:

S.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 20/11/07 02:34 PM

That Mario Williams pick is looking better and better by the game... laugh

If only the Texans had a better O-line...

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 26/11/07 07:32 AM

CNN is reporting that Redskins' S Sean Taylor has been critically wounded in a shooting at his home in Miami. Apparently the bullet struck his femoral artery and he's in surgery at a local hospital. Here's a link but this story doesn't contain details just given on the air.

Taylor Shot

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 26/11/07 02:15 PM

Hi. Just wanted to chime in to say that the Jaguars are in 5th place overall in the NFL and I still cannot believe it. I hope we beat the Colts on Sunday! We always tend to do better in their stadium anyway. Weird, but true.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 26/11/07 02:26 PM

Quote:
Hi. Just wanted to chime in to say that the Jaguars are in 5th place overall in the NFL and I still cannot believe it. I hope we beat the Colts on Sunday! We always tend to do better in their stadium anyway. Weird, but true.
Without most of their key players (and ESPECIALLY Freeney), it won't be hard to beat the Colts at all.

They are done, unfortunately. Will be in the playoffs, yes...but not much else.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 27/11/07 05:39 AM

Quote:
Wow, and my team (Saints) spanked the Jags a couple of weeks ago. laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 27/11/07 12:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Hi. Just wanted to chime in to say that the Jaguars are in 5th place overall in the NFL and I still cannot believe it. I hope we beat the Colts on Sunday! We always tend to do better in their stadium anyway. Weird, but true.
Wow, and my team (Saints) spanked the Jags a couple of weeks ago. laugh [/b]
Well we should all get spanked every once in a while. wink

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/12/07 08:23 PM

Anthony Smith....Shhhhhhhhh! [Finger]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 10/12/07 12:34 PM

Another sack by Mario Williams. [ThumbsUp] Super Mario is developing into a stud. I heard an interesting stat on the radio about Vince Young. If his current pace keeps up, it will take him 4 more years to throw as many touchdown passes as Tom Brady has this year. eek Oh yeah, Reggie Bush hasn't had a 100yd game this year and is now out with an injury.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 10/12/07 02:33 PM

Fred Taylor had over 100 yards yesterday and I was there to help chant "FREDDIE! FREDDIE!" at the game. He's the bomb. I love him. And he was a Gator. Can life get any better? wink

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 10/12/07 03:39 PM

Quote:
Fred Taylor had over 100 yards yesterday and I was there to help chant "FREDDIE! FREDDIE!" at the game. He's the bomb. I love him. And he was a Gator. Can life get any better? wink
Yes. I could have started Fred on my fantasy team instead of getting Hines Ward's measly 3.9 points.

mad

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/12/07 06:00 AM

Quote:
Sorry... no 100yd game this week
laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/12/07 06:27 AM

Quote:
I heard an interesting stat on the radio about Vince Young. If his current pace keeps up, it will take him 4 more years to throw as many touchdown passes as Tom Brady has this year. eek
Even scarier about Brady, he's thrown 14 more touchdown passes than the rest of the AFC East this year. Combined.

Granted, the rest of the division is borderline or teams that stink to high hell, but cripes, what a run he's having.

He has one more than Brett Favre and Drew Brees put together, and exactly the same amount as the brothers Manning have between the two of them. Combine that with the fact that he balances that to just five picks on his ledger (the same amount that Tony Romo threw in one game against Buffalo), and it's just filthy. 9-1 TD to INT ratio? Incredible.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/12/07 06:29 AM

Quote:
Too bad he had all the injuries over his career. I've always liked his style of play, and he would have been a surefire Hall of Famer had he not suffered all those setbacks.

As it stands, he's borderline. Probably will get in when it's all said and done, but not first ballot.

And oh yeah, fuck Florida. [Finger]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/12/07 08:40 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I heard an interesting stat on the radio about Vince Young. If his current pace keeps up, it will take him 4 more years to throw as many touchdown passes as Tom Brady has this year. eek
Even scarier about Brady, he's thrown 14 more touchdown passes than the rest of the AFC East this year. Combined.

Granted, the rest of the division is borderline or teams that stink to high hell, but cripes, what a run he's having.

He has one more than Brett Favre and Drew Brees put together, and exactly the same amount as the brothers Manning have between the two of them. Combine that with the fact that he balances that to just five picks on his ledger (the same amount that Tony Romo threw in one game against Buffalo), and it's just filthy. 9-1 TD to INT ratio? Incredible.[/b]
I think I could have close to that many if I had a coach that cheats, and a WR like Moss, with all you have to do is throw the ball up in the air and he comes down with it

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/12/07 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
I think I could have close to that many if I had a coach that cheats, and a WR like Moss, with all you have to do is throw the ball up in the air and he comes down with it

Steelers fan, I assume? Didn't they just cut your ass?

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/12/07 11:01 AM

Steelers fan yes... and yes, they did beat us, just like every other team in the league.

I hated the Patriots and all their hype long before though. I was just saying Brady has so many options of who to go to, of course he's going to dominate at passing.....

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/12/07 11:17 AM

This is the first year that he's really had actual options. I couldn't name one receiver off the top of my head that he had before this year. Now, they have my favorite receiver:

laugh

BTW, New England ran the ball 9 times and threw the ball 46 times. Must be a gimicky offense. :rolleyes:

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/12/07 11:53 AM

Quote:
And oh yeah, fuck Florida. [Finger]
Why does everybody gotta be so jealous?

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/12/07 12:05 PM

I'd have only tried running the ball 9 times too the way their defense shut that down... then Brady would go on 15-20 completion streaks... it was quit sickening.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/12/07 01:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]And oh yeah, fuck Florida. [Finger]
Why does everybody gotta be so jealous?[/b]
I don't know...must just be something about that 12th spot in the BCS rankings. wink

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/12/07 01:22 AM

Jets guilty of illegal videotaping as well?

I don't know, and don't really care. I still think this story in general has still been blown way out of proportion.

However, that being said, I also think Belichick is going to definitely make sure to put on his horns this week and rain hellfire all over that Jets secondary.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/12/07 04:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]And oh yeah, fuck Florida. [Finger]
Why does everybody gotta be so jealous?[/b]
I don't know...must just be something about that 12th spot in the BCS rankings. wink [/b]
And? That's not bad. It's actually very good for this being a rebuilding year and up against SEC teams. And it doesn't even matter b/c our sophomore QB won the Heisman. BCS rankings mean nothing now. wink

Don't get me started. I can argue with you all day long about this. But it's not a college football thread!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/12/07 06:06 PM

Quote:
That Mario Williams pick is looking better and better by the game... laugh
Figured you enjoy reading this, mineral:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8050c737&template=with-video&confir m=true&campaign=ec0005

They are looking pretty good so far tonight. And oh yeah... Super Mario with another sack. [ThumbsUp]

ETA: And another one! eek Dude is on fire!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/12/07 07:56 PM

Holy Shit... and another one!

(this performance deserves another post)

Just a measly 1/2 sack to end the game with 3 1/2 sacks. [Smoking]

On a side note, Sage is 3-0 as the starter this year. Hmmmmm.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/12/07 07:58 AM

7-7 Baby!

Super Mario for Pro Bowl!

+

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/01/08 11:31 AM

Just for you, Midnight...

I'm picking the Jags to upset the Patriots. Why? With guys like Taylor and Jones-Drew, they should be able to run and run some more with just enough passing to keep the Pats' D guessing. That way they can win the time-of-possession battle and the game because Brady and Co. can't hurt you from the sidelines.

At least that's how Coach Bluesky would play it. wink

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/01/08 01:44 PM

No, Brady & co. can't do anything when their on the sidelines, but they will rain hellfire when they're on the field.

The Jags are a popular pick (especially with the books) this week. I'm going against the pundits. New England is going to roll.

45-20, Pats.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/01/08 04:32 PM

DON'T PICK US! You'll jinx us!!!!!!!!

I might go watch the game at the stadium. They showed the Steelers game on the megatron last week and 5,000 people showed up. They are expecting double that amount this weekend. Might be fun. Who knows. smile

GO JAGS GO!!!!!!!!! It's gonna be hard but I HOPE WE WINNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 09/01/08 07:08 PM

Well, at least you'll know who to blame if the Jags lose. I'll never be able to show my face in Jacksonville again. [Freak]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/01/08 12:38 PM

The Jags might as well stay home tomorrow night and watch "America's Most Wanted". It's not gonna happen for them. wink

Giants - Cowboys will be the most exciting game this week.
Posted by: FSRBIKER

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/01/08 02:42 PM

As long as the Giants stick to their dink and dunk passing game they will pull this game out. Kevin Boss should have a big game...it's hard to cover a TE that is 6'7".

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 11/01/08 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
The Jags might as well stay home tomorrow night and watch "America's Most Wanted". It's not gonna happen for them. wink
I love being the underdog. wink

I hope you're wrong, bitch!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/01/08 08:31 AM

GOOOOOOO JAGSSSSS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so99I1MtMd0
Posted by: Tonka Ross

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/01/08 09:02 AM

Quote:
GOOOOOOO JAGSSSSS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so99I1MtMd0
JAX is teh SUX.

I hope they win, though...for your mental health, Lizz laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/01/08 11:04 AM

OK peeps, I'm going to my bf's house to play the drums (I'm learning!) and then we're gonna watch the game, sooooo I hope the next time I post on here the Jags will be on their way to the AFC Championship!!!!!!!!

I will seriously cry tears of joy if we win tonight!!!! BYE!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/01/08 05:18 PM

Quote:

OK peeps, I'm going to my bf's house to play the drums (I'm learning!) and then we're gonna watch the game, sooooo I hope the next time I post on here the Jags will be on their way to the AFC Championship!!!!!!!!

I will seriously cry tears of joy if we win tonight!!!! BYE!
No crying if you lose?

Green Bay won the battle in the snow. It looks like GB vs Giants for NFC title.

It looks like New England vs Colts for AFC.

Yeah.... I'm calling it already.
Posted by: Tonka Ross

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/01/08 05:57 PM

Quote:
OK peeps, I'm going to my bf's house....
[LOL] [Spit] [LOL] laugh [Spit] [LOL] RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/01/08 07:22 PM

Quote:

Giants over the Cowboys? That's pretty bold right there.

I want Indy to win, but I don't think they'll be in the AFC title game.

Watch for Harrison and Dungy to retire following Indy's final game, whether it's this week or next or Super Bowl Sunday.
Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/01/08 08:03 PM

Sorry Jags fans didn't do it.. wink

Pats 31-20 :p

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/01/08 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]

Giants over the Cowboys? That's pretty bold right there.

I want Indy to win, but I don't think they'll be in the AFC title game.

Watch for Harrison and Dungy to retire following Indy's final game, whether it's this week or next or Super Bowl Sunday.[/b]
Well... I'm a bold kind of guy. smile [ThumbsUp]

I'm taking the Giants because they're hungrier. It's the first time they are facing Dallas in the playoffs. The Giants have the momentum going in and if Terrell Owens is not up to speed, that could be the key. Romo hasn't done well lately and Eli's game has gotten better.

The Giants offense looks good. Michael Strahan and the defense looks good and he said he wanted to give Jessica Simpson a shot. What more motivation does a team need? laugh

The Colts should have won the last time they played San Diego. They won't be making those mistakes again... hopefully. It will be a tough game, but I think the Colts can pull it off.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/01/08 08:50 PM

Sorry about your Jags Midnight.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 12/01/08 10:11 PM

Well, I was money on the Jags score.. laugh

I really want to see the old man (Favre) take on New England. Give the ol' gunslinger one last shot.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 03:20 AM

Quote:
Sorry about your Jags Midnight.
Sorry for her? I'm persona non grata in Jacksonville now. laugh

NE didn't cover that ridiculous 13 1/2 point spread though.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 04:57 AM

Quote:
Well, I was money on the Jags score.. laugh
But not the New England score...

laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 06:08 AM

Hi. I hope whoever plays the Patriots kicks their ass. That's all. Have a nice day.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 07:31 AM

Quote:
Hi. I hope whoever plays the Patriots kicks their ass. That's all. Have a nice day.
It'd be pretty cool to see a perfect season in our lifetime though.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arterra:
Quote:
[b]Hi. I hope whoever plays the Patriots kicks their ass. That's all. Have a nice day.
It'd be pretty cool to see a perfect season in our lifetime though.[/b]
Some of us have. wink

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 08:04 AM

That is all. laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
Quote:
[b]OK peeps, I'm going to my bf's house....
[LOL] [Spit] [LOL] laugh [Spit] [LOL] RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Uh yeah and we're supposed to believe you have a girlfriend?

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 03:20 PM

I left my heart in.... Indianapolis!

Bye-bye Colts! [Wave]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 03:47 PM

Quote:
I left my heart in.... Indianapolis!

Bye-bye Colts! [Wave]
Who called it?

Thank you very much.

(Take notice... before the season even began, I called the Chargers to win it all...not that it'll probably happen...but they are still in the hunt.)

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 04:41 PM

Quote:
Sore loser.. wink

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 04:50 PM

Well it looks like the Cowboys are out of it..

Final*
NYG - 21
DAL - 17

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 04:57 PM

and to think I thought Romo was going to pull some last minute heroics...guess he lost his legs in Cabo. I would have if I were him [Smoking]
Posted by: OrganDonor

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 05:48 PM

Effin Romo. Not focusing enough on football when the time called for it. Bart Simpson would have waited until after the super bowl.
Did you see the post game where TO started crying "If you blame it on him going to Cabo, its not fair!" What a load of crap. They are paid to win football games, not spend valuable prep time doinking the nearest skank.
The only one that looked like he came to play was Marion Barber.
Stupid Cowgirls. Thanks for becoming the only #1 seed since 1970 to get beat.

I suppose I have to look at the bright side - at least they didn't lose the super bowl.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 05:56 PM

Well, nothing getting in the way of the Pats destiny now. I wish the Cowgirls would have won though. My sis is a big fan and we're all planning on watching the game together. I was going to pick a Welker jersey just for that occasion to see the look on her face. Oh well, I may still have to get one to show loyalty to my man crush. [Laughing]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 05:59 PM

Hi. Check out Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat .

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 06:29 PM

Quote:
Hi. Check out Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat .
I thought that was pretty funny when I first posted that on page 2. [Finger] [Wave]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 07:27 PM

Ahh it don't matter.. They still made it further than the Jags did... wink [Spit]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 13/01/08 07:42 PM

I have to say the Giants looked hungry all day, the defensive line was getting pushed around for almost 3 quarters and then they started to knock the crap out of Romo when it really mattered.
They had a pretty good gameplan on offense, I didn't like the three running plays/punt twice in a row in the 4th though. After Jacobs pounded the rock, Bradshaw came in to rip off some runs...nice changeup.

GO GIANTS!!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/01/08 05:16 AM

Got to give Madman credit, he called it!

It's always good to see the Cowboys lose. ALWAYS.

I'm sure Liz can fly down to Hawaii and comfort Fred Taylor. Hell, maybe you two can hook up with Romo and have a group hug. smile

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/01/08 07:22 AM

My favorite teams:

Green Bay and anyone who beats Dallas.

Two favorite teams playing in the NFC Championship.

Go Pack Go!

My fingers are crossed for another snowy, shitty, cold day in GB - Titletown - where championship games SHOULD be played.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/01/08 07:41 AM

Quote:

Got to give Madman credit, he called it!

It's always good to see the Cowboys lose. [b]ALWAYS.
[/b]
The defense was getting me worried for a little while, but they pulled it together and played a great game. McQuarters interception in the end zone with 9 seconds left was fanfuckingtastic.

The Chargers are a great team, but the Colts again played a poor game yesterday. Didn't anyone tell them it was a playoff game. [Freak]

Is Peyton Manning also banging Jessica Simpson?

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/01/08 08:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Hi. Check out Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat .
I thought that was pretty funny when I first posted that on page 2. [Finger] [Wave] [/b]
Ooooohhhhh sorry. frown

About comforting Taylor in Hawaii, I love him and he was a Gator so I would totally do it. I don't care about Romo.

I am rooting for Green Bay to win it all. I really am a fan of Favre. Although if the Giants win, that would be cool b/c Coughlin was our first head coach.

WHO KNOWS WHAT'LL HAPPEN!!!!! SO EXCITING! :p

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 14/01/08 09:03 AM

In case you haven't seen it.... Terrell Owens crying...

After a week of Dallas trash talk and loud mouthed sports pundits talking about how many Dallas players are going to the Pro Bowl, the season ends with TO's tears. eek

Too bad great moments like this can't be edited and turned into a Coors Light commercial.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 16/01/08 12:28 PM

Damn. Atari Bigby played a hell of a game for the Packers! Rolling up 42 in the snow after spotting the Seahawks 14 was the most impressive thing to happen in the playoffs to date. Even with Brady's arsenal, the Pack isn't going to just roll over...

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 18/01/08 03:46 PM

This weekend....

New England over San Diego

Packers over Giants

Both teams cover the spread.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 20/01/08 03:10 PM

Pats win 21 - 12.. [Wave]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 20/01/08 06:38 PM

Quote:
This weekend....

Packers over Giants

So far...New England failed to cover the spread. Looks like Green Bay might fail to cover their spread, too.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 20/01/08 07:08 PM

Pretty good game to see who's going to get pummelled in the Super Bowl.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 20/01/08 07:26 PM

Good game? Neither team wanted to win...oh and Lawrence Tynes is shit, so glad the Chiefs got rid of him laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 21/01/08 12:25 AM

it' quite fitting that NY has a second chance to end the perfect season...Good luck NYG fans.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 21/01/08 04:38 AM

Brett's a gunslinger. He's just having fun out there, playing the game the way it's meant to be played.

(Just thought I'd supply the usual announcer drivel delivered after a critical Favre interception.)

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 21/01/08 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Quote:
[b]This weekend....

Packers over Giants

So far...New England failed to cover the spread. Looks like Green Bay might fail to cover their spread, too.[/b]
Yes... more proof that sports gambling is dangerous. eek

The Patriots have been 1-6 against the spread in their last seven games. I thought they would easily cover it against the Chargers. New England's offense wasn't at their best yesterday.

The Giants game was a surprise. They definitely have heart. After the two missed field goal attempts and the Packers winning the coin toss in overtime, I thought they were finished.

It's going to be a really good Superbowl this year.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 21/01/08 08:51 PM

My prediction? New England is going to blow their ass out, 41-17.

Can't accuse me of getting on this train late. I've been saying they're going to run the table since the Indy game. laugh

Speaking of Indy, good to see Tony Dungy stick around. One of the truly class acts of the game.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 21/01/08 09:02 PM

I wouldn't be so easy to estimate a blowout like that. Something tells me that this perfect season is finally gonna hit a stress peak at the Super Bowl. I hate the Giants, but I hate the Pats more. Go GIANTS!!

JordanC

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 22/01/08 06:38 AM

The Super Bowl just happened... it was the AFC Championship game. The "other" Super Bowl is going to blow. Green Bay was the only team that I could see giving the Pats trouble. As it is, I see Pats winning 35-10. (unless Brady is really more hurt than we know)

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 22/01/08 05:05 PM

Quote:
My prediction? New England is going to blow their ass out, 41-17....
Quote:
...I see Pats winning 35-10...
I guess we'll see. How much did the Pats beat the Giants by last game? The 14 point spread (Patriot advantage) is going to be hard to come up with against the Giants. I think the Patriots have a clear advantage, but not an overwhelming one.

Go Giants!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/01/08 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
[b]My prediction? New England is going to blow their ass out, 41-17....
Quote:
...I see Pats winning 35-10...
I guess we'll see. How much did the Pats beat the Giants by last game? The 14 point spread (Patriot advantage) is going to be hard to come up with against the Giants. I think the Patriots have a clear advantage, but not an overwhelming one.

Go Giants!

[/b]
Best of luck to ya.. wink

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/01/08 09:00 AM

Wow, who knew Eddie Murphy could tell the future of professional football contests?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IP-f7XbCtRY

laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 24/01/08 02:20 PM

[Spit]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 01/02/08 03:33 PM

I'm shocked that no one has posted any Superbowl predictions.

The Patriots beat the Giants by only 3 points in their last game (It was also the most watched regular season game in 12 years).

I hope Plaxico Burress is in good shape on Sunday.

I also hope the Giants defense does something to hurt Brady early on. Sorry Pats fans... but, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. smile

I'm calling it..........

Giants win by at least 3.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 01/02/08 04:03 PM

Patriots 31
Giants 14

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 01/02/08 05:41 PM

Patriots 42
Giants 10

[Sleep]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 01/02/08 08:50 PM

Quote:

Patriots 42
Giants 10

[Sleep]
What??? eek [Freak]

32 points over the Giants. [Huh?]

You're killing me Nismo.

I can understand the New England guys like BigE being very optimistic... but 32 points? [Freak]

It's not going to happen. If you haven't bet yet, take the Giants. The Pats aren't going to cover the spread. That's even if they win.

Which I'm calling... they won't.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 01/02/08 09:36 PM

This isn't the regular season. Time for the Patriots to kick it into another gear that no one else has while the Giants play scared. BTW, Welker scores 2 touchdowns. laugh
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 01/02/08 09:48 PM

Giants 28
Patriots 24

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 02/02/08 07:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Patriots 42
Giants 10

[Sleep]
What??? eek [Freak]

32 points over the Giants. [Huh?]

You're killing me Nismo.

I can understand the New England guys like BigE being very optimistic... but 32 points? [Freak]

It's not going to happen. If you haven't bet yet, take the Giants. The Pats aren't going to cover the spread. That's even if they win.

Which I'm calling... they won't.[/b]
Sorry Madman, but Eli Manning is done, he can't play well consistently and he's used up his "good games in a row" powers and he's going to show us the real Eli Manning again, Giants lose, 35-24

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 02/02/08 01:09 PM

lessee.... the 6 games they played against the east were... Jets, Miami and Buffalo - three true football powerhouses with a combined record of 12 and 36... tough to win that div.

Pittsburgh hasn't been the same since Rothlessburger gave blacktop body surfing a try. NE beat Washington early in the year but they in a tailspin until Taylor's death prompted a strong finish. Cleveland and Cincy are mediocre teams. 3 picks in the last game against SD...

Giants playing scared? Might want to review the Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay games on NFL's Replay... they've played better each game and our D plays its best in the 4th quarter.

Final score:

NY football GIANTS 35 - NE Cheatriots 28 ... winning TD comes on an INT late in the 4th quarter by Ross who takes it to the house on a 76 yard run back.

GO BIG BLUE!
Posted by: Rockaholic

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 02/02/08 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gfd_2:
lessee.... the 6 games they played against the east were... Jets, Miami and Buffalo - three true football powerhouses with a combined record of 12 and 36... tough to win that div.

You can't blame the Patriots for their Division they don't tell those teams who and how to play. Plus the Giants didn't even win their Division.

Oh, and the Giants played those 3 teams this year as well. So lets compare how the 2 teams did against those weak, pathetic teams.
The Giants beat those teams by an average of 10.3 points per game. The largest margin of voctory was 17.
Patriots won by 25.7 points per game. They won 5 by 21 or more points...

Quote:
Pittsburgh hasn't been the same since Rothlessburger gave blacktop body surfing a try. NE beat Washington early in the year but they in a tailspin until Taylor's death prompted a strong finish. Cleveland and Cincy are mediocre teams. 3 picks in the last game against SD...

they've played better each game and our D plays its best in the 4th quarter.

Really? You want to compare teams the Pats and Giants Played?
The Giants played 8 games against teams that were at or under 500:
Atlanta, Philly (twice, and barely won the second time), San Fran, the Jets, lowly Miami (whom they barely beat by a field goal), Buffalo (yep, those same 3 teams in the AFC East)Minnesota (who creamed the Giants), Chicago (who the Giants barely beat).

Oh, the Patriots blew out Washington early in the Year? I didn't realize week 8 was early in the season, I thought that was is Mid-season, not early, but the Giants beat Washington in week 3 by only 7 points. Much less than the 45 point victory the Pats had.

Oh, and the Giants D plays it's best in the 4th quarter?

That's why the Pats scored 15 in the 4th off of them in week 17.

And that's why the Giants had to go for an Onside kick in order to have a hope of kicking for the tie. :rolleyes:

And let's not forget the Pats were trying to let Moss tie and break Rice's old mark - and everyone knew it. Yet, the Giants still couldn't stop Moss, even though they knew the ball was going to him.

Cleveland just missed the Playoffs and the Steelers won the AFC North, so they aren't as bad as you claim (10-6 for Both). Cincy had a much better record than Miami, and Miami never had a chance against the Pats and barely lost to the Giants.
Quote:

Final score:

NY football GIANTS 35 - NE Cheatriots 28 ... winning TD comes on an INT late in the 4th quarter by Ross who takes it to the house on a 76 yard run back.
Ok, Nostradamus, if you are so good at predictions, why haven't you put Vegas out of Buisiness yet?
Cheatriots?
they broke a rule about where they could film from - so everyone who breaks a rule is cheating?

There is a rule against excessive celebration - does that make TO and Chad Johnson cheaters now too, since they've broken that rule many times?

Cheatriots? I guess you missed Goodell's press conference concerning Specter's inquiries:
Quote:
Goodell said that the evidence - tapes and notes - he had collected from the Patriots backed up what the team had told him about their activities in attempting to decipher the play-calling signals of their opponents.

He also noted that such attempts are common in the NFL, as they are in baseball.

"I'm not sure there isn't a coach in the league who doesn't expect their signals are being intercepted in some way by other teams," Goodell said.

"I think it was coach (Bill) Parcells who said any coach who doesn't expect his signals to be stolen is stupid."
Cheatriots vs. Gi-cheat-ants

Why Gi-Cheat-ants?
Well, it's safe to assume that Belicheck didn't start taping this year, and Belicheck probably did this with his former teams, and since he was the D-coordinator for Parcells when the Giants beat Buffalo...
And why would Parcells say that "any coach who doesn't expect his signals to be stolen is stupid," if he wasn't trying to steal signals himself?
So Belichek must have learned from the Master...
Do you want to keep it up and continue to go there, cause you might not like people tossing the "tainted" word around the Giants SB win over Buffalo, now would you?

Patriots win, Giants cover the spread.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 06:14 PM

I'm disappointed, I figured I'd check in here to see how much shit talking is going on now that it is 10-7, haha. Good luck!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 06:44 PM

Hell, I've been right so far.

Eli has thrown an INT, fumbled, dropped a hand off, and thrown a stupid pass that should have been intercepted.

And the Giants' D is putting TONS of pressure on Tommy boy and it's showing.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 07:10 PM

Giants have shocked the world.

17-14, G-Men. No soup for Brady.

Shows what I know..

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 07:11 PM

It's okay, Tom's going home to fuck Gissle. I'd take that over the Super Bowl anyday! :p
Congrats Giants!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 07:19 PM

Congrats Giants fans! I wish it was the Jaguars but it's good to see the underdog pull through!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:

Cheatriots?
they broke a rule about [b]where they could film from
- so everyone who breaks a rule is cheating?

There is a rule against excessive celebration - does that make TO and Chad Johnson cheaters now too, since they've broken that rule many times?
[/b]
You're comparing two different types of rules. Excessive celebrations gets a flag. I don't think they have officials following around personnel with cameras in the stadium to throw a flag.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Sorry Madman, but Eli Manning is done, he can't play well consistently and he's used up his "good games in a row" powers and he's going to show us the real Eli Manning again, Giants lose, 35-24[/QB]
THREE LETTERS

MVP

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 07:43 PM

Quote:
It's okay, Tom's going home to fuck Gissle. I'd take that over the Super Bowl anyday! :p
Congrats Giants!
If he had won it probably would have been Gisele and some of her Victoria Secret friends.

CONGRATS BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 08:00 PM

Man, I'm glad I was wrong. Instead of [Sleep] , I was [drink] . And despite losing, Welker still lead all receivers. laugh

Side note and not the appropriate thread, but one thing you won't be hearing is that the Giants don't deserve it. That is one excuse the pro-BCSers like to say about situations like this. :rolleyes:

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 08:06 PM

Quote:
Man, I'm glad I was wrong. Instead of [Sleep] , I was [drink] . And despite losing, Welker still lead all receivers. laugh

Side note and not the appropriate thread, but one thing you won't be hearing is that the Giants don't deserve it. That is one excuse the pro-BCSers like to say about situations like this. :rolleyes:
Who, aside from the BCS, is pro-BCS? The Giants deserved the win, for sure.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
Quote:
Sorry Madman, but Eli Manning is done, he can't play well consistently and he's used up his "good games in a row" powers and he's going to show us the real Eli Manning again, Giants lose, 35-24
THREE LETTERS

MVP
Three words for you...
Biggest
Joke
Ever.

If you think Eli deserved the MVP then you didn't watch the game, and clearly no one else did either.
Posted by: Ruttiger

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 08:14 PM

well then who did??!?!?

from the NYG superbowl championshiop team that is?

GO BLUE!!!!!!!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 08:16 PM

Quote:
Who, aside from the BCS, is pro-BCS? The Giants deserved the win, for sure.
Many coaches and chancellors. Other than that, just visit college team message boards. They're aren't very many since they are in the vast minority, but they're there. Every school has them. frown

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 08:17 PM

Quote:
If you think Eli deserved the MVP then you didn't watch the game, and clearly no one else did either.
As much as I hate it, you can't give it to Welker since they lost and you can't give it to the whole entire Giants defense, can you? [Freak]

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 08:28 PM

The Giants defense deserved it but this is an individual award. While Eli didn't have a huge day he threw for both of the Giants scores...BOTH IN THE 4TH QUARTER. That is why he won the MVP.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 03/02/08 09:22 PM

The thing that gets me is all these fools on ESPN talking in the comments section about Tom Brady. "Haha, look what happens when the pretty boy has to eat some dirt. Look what happens when he gets smacked around!".

Are you fucking kidding me? This guy is a two time Super Bowl MVP, has 3 rings, and has recently completed the most dominant offensive regular season in history. He's no slouch. He's one of the best to play his position, ever.

Look, the Giants played harder, and they deserved to win. New England deserved what they got. But to sit here, and diss Tom Brady like he's Billy Jo Hobert, come the fuck on. :rolleyes:

As much as I hate to say it, congrats to the Giants. Being a Skins fan all my life, I hate them. But they earned it.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 04/02/08 05:45 AM

What a game. [ThumbsUp] What a great defense.

The Giants defense rattled the shit out of Brady. At one point he looked like he had that "thousand yard stare" look in his eyes.

When Eli Manning managed to escape the onslaught of Patriot defenders and pop it off to David Tyree (what an amazing catch), the world knew it was over for the Patriots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5BWzoyzVbc

I thought Bill Belichick's behavior at the end was classless.

It was a great game and a great day in New York sports history.

And.... who called it? smile

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 04/02/08 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruttiger:
well then who did??!?!?

from the NYG superbowl championshiop team that is?

GO BLUE!!!!!!!
The entire Giants Defense.

But, as has been said it's an individual award, so figure out which defensive player hit Brady the most and give it to him. I'm sorry but Eli didn't play an MVP-worthy game (that'd be an entire game where he was on, not one quarter).

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 04/02/08 04:03 PM

Ya, I agree that was pretty "wah-wah" on Belichik's part. To make a scene like that and try to take away from the Giant's celebration. They earned it, their defense played great, let them have their moment. The Pats have had their's. Bringing all his staff out there then leaving with :01 left, he made himself look like a sore loser. Boo-hoo, you had a great season, can't win them all!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 04/02/08 05:52 PM

Congrats Giants.
They played better than the Pats, and I wish they hadn't, but they did.

Plaxico's head move completely caught Hobbs looking for the slant, leading to the wide open catch for the Touchdown. Tyree had what has to be the greatest non-touchdown catch I've ever seen. However, I thought the commentators "weakest cornerback" comment about Hobbs after the GW TD is funny since Plaxico only managed 2 receptions, and Manning threw against Randal Gay and the Safeties more often than Hobbs.

I wouldn't say the Giants D-line rattled the shit out of Brady, as much as they got into the backfield and never gave him the time to pass to Moss of Stallworth. The 4 D-linemen managed to consistantly beat the 5 O-linemen, especially once Neal went out. Brady would've had the same protection if they used tackling dummies instead of the O-line.

MVP - I'd give it to Tuck. 5 tackles, 1 assist, 2 sacks, and 1 forced fumble. That forced fumble ended the Pats drive in the first half, which barring the fumble would have led to points.
He manhandled the offensive linemen, and was in the backfield every time he was on the field for a snap.

Manning had 3 passes on that last drive that Patriots D-backs (Merriweather, Samuels, Harrison) should have caught to end the drive - but they didn't.

The Patriots had no answers for Tuck.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 05/02/08 12:03 PM

This is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 05/02/08 12:33 PM

Quote:
The thing that gets me is all these fools on ESPN talking in the comments section about Tom Brady. "Haha, look what happens when the pretty boy has to eat some dirt. Look what happens when he gets smacked around!".

Are you fucking kidding me? This guy is a two time Super Bowl MVP, has 3 rings, and has recently completed the most dominant offensive regular season in history. He's no slouch. He's one of the best to play his position, ever.

They're not denying he's one of the best ever. Any QB becomes very average if you can get consistent pressure. That's not dissing Brady - that's just the truth.

And ndxterra, you're right...that is hilarious. Thanks for posting it.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 06/02/08 05:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
THREE LETTERS

MVP
Three words for you...
Biggest
Joke
Ever.

If you think Eli deserved the MVP then you didn't watch the game, and clearly no one else did either.[/b]
Most people disagree with you. Some below have more insight. The play with the Tyree catch is going to be covered forever.

Who's your team, Ty? The Broncos?

Quote:
The Giants defense deserved it but this is an individual award. While Eli didn't have a huge day he threw for both of the Giants scores...BOTH IN THE 4TH QUARTER. That is why he one the MVP.
Quote:
.....When Eli Manning managed to escape the onslaught of Patriot defenders and pop it off to David Tyree (what an amazing catch), the world knew it was over for the Patriots.....

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 06/02/08 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
THREE LETTERS

MVP
Three words for you...
Biggest
Joke
Ever.

If you think Eli deserved the MVP then you didn't watch the game, and clearly no one else did either.[/b]
Most people disagree with you. Some below have more insight. The play with the Tyree catch is going to be covered forever.

Who's your team, Ty? The Broncos?

Quote:
The Giants defense deserved it but this is an individual award. While Eli didn't have a huge day he threw for both of the Giants scores...BOTH IN THE 4TH QUARTER. That is why he one the MVP.
Quote:
.....When Eli Manning managed to escape the onslaught of Patriot defenders and pop it off to David Tyree (what an amazing catch), the world knew it was over for the Patriots.....
[/b]

The Donkies? Please, Jeff, don't make me throw up. I've been a die hard Chiefs fan since I was a kid, yeah through all the crappy years too.

Once again, for those of you that are slow...Eli had a good, not phenomenal, 4th quarter...the rest of his game was mediocre at best, and pathetic for stretches.

Tyree's catch was awesome no doubt, but again that wasn't Eli's doing (minus the scramble from the Pats' D), that was Tyree.

I'm not a stats whore, so pick out whoever on the defense hit Brady the most and give the award to him, because Eli didn't deserve it no matter how good his 4th quarter was.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 06/02/08 10:26 PM

Yes, Eli had a great pass to Tyree and avoided being sacked in one play.

However, JEffW, you seem to overlook a few important plays by Manning in that last drive which is why people who watched the game know that Eli should not have won the MVP...

That last drive - 3rd play of the drive, is an incomplete pass, left side of the field, in and out of the hands of RODNEY HARRISON: If Harrison doesn't drop the interception maybe the Pats win.

that last drive - 7th play of the Drive, the play before the Tyree catch - is an incomplete pass, right side of the field, off of the fingertips of ASANTE SAMUEL: If Samuel comes up with the pick, maybe the Pats win.

That last drive - 10th play of the Drive -is an Incomplete pass, right side of the field, thorugh the outstretched hands of BRANDON MERRIWEATHER: If Merriweather comes up with the pick, maybe the Pats win.

3 plays in which Manning's passes hit the hands of Patriots, not Giants, plays that could have cost the Giants the Superbowl. 2 of which came before Tyrees catch.

Add in the missed Sack opportunity on the Tyree catch, or Tyree making an unbelievable catch one handed and that's 4 times the Patriots failed to stop the Giants drive.

Add in the 4th and 1, and that's 5 times the Patriots could have stopped the Giants drive and didn't.

Also remember the Giants had to convert that 4th and 1 because Eli underthrew Toomer, who had to dive back past the first down marker to save the pass from being incomplete.

If Toomer doesn't save Eli's pass, the Giants have a 4th and 10, not 4th and 1.

Those plays are why Eli doesn't deserve the MVP. Plays the Patriots didn't make, plays which if the Patriots did make we might be talking about a differen outcome.

How many plays like that did Payton, Branch, Brady, Lewis have (the most recent Superbowl MVPs)....

But then, the Giants played better than the Pats. That's why the Giants won. That's why those interceptions were just incompletions.

I still say Tuck deserved it.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 07/02/08 07:55 AM

Has a defensive lineman ever won MVP? I don't remember one winning it, it was hard to pick a true MVP but I would have voted for Tuck myself.
Posted by: PA Goldrush

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 07/02/08 08:43 AM

Super Bowl XII Harvey Martin and Randy White from the Cowboys, the only time there have been co-MVP's and in Super Bowl XX, Richard Dent from the Bears.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 07/02/08 09:00 AM

The MVP has come from a losing team before, but it's been awhile. Still, I think Wes should have got it. laugh

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 07/02/08 09:34 AM

Quote:
The MVP has come from a losing team before, but it's been awhile. Still, I think Wes should have got it. laugh
He did have a great game, if he had scored I think then yes he would have deserved it as the best player. I think for a player from the losing team to win it they have to go an extra step to justify it.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 07/02/08 03:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]The MVP has come from a losing team before, but it's been awhile. Still, I think Wes should have got it. laugh
He did have a great game, if he had scored I think then yes he would have deserved it as the best player. I think for a player from the losing team to win it they have to go an extra step to justify it.[/b]
Tying a Superbowl record for Receptions isn't going an extra step?

The last player to tie the Superbowl reception record won the MVP (Deion Branch)

Re: Official 2007 NFL Thread - 08/02/08 01:21 PM

I was joking about my boy Wes, but too bad he didn't get in the end zone. Anyway, if only the Pats went perfect:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EaeF_mj8_sY