Pines on the 19th?

Posted by: Anonymous

Pines on the 19th? - 15/01/08 02:03 PM

I have some Xterra guys (from the NewX) that may want to do a run to the Pinebarrens this saturday. I want to go also...but have never been. We're all "in" if someone who's been there will lead.

I was wondering if anyone was willing to do that. I'm hoping some of you...or at least one of you...are free.

Please please please~!

Re: Pines on the 19th? - 15/01/08 03:47 PM

This Saturday would be out gathering @ 6:30PM..

Re: Pines on the 19th? - 15/01/08 04:08 PM

I thought maybe we could do a run and then go out. Bad idea?

Re: Pines on the 19th? - 15/01/08 04:24 PM

I'll be busy during the afternoon but I haven't been to the Pines since October..and before that it was about 5 yrs so I'd be worthless to you anyway.
Posted by: Stonecoldchavez

Re: Pines on the 19th? - 15/01/08 05:02 PM

I would meet you but the Pines is not even remotely close to where the 6:30pm dinner is.

Someone with a good GPS can do the job leading. All roads lead to somewhere fortunately. smile

The Ranger station on Rt. 206 sells maps of the Pine Barrens also. Just not sure if it is open on Saturdays during the winter.

S.

Re: Pines on the 19th? - 15/01/08 06:46 PM

Thanks guys....we nixed it. I didn't realize it was so far.

We'll see you saturday in Hamilton! :p
Posted by: Stonecoldchavez

Re: Pines on the 19th? - 16/01/08 02:08 PM

I would have loved to have met you out there, as I only live about 30 minutes from there, but I do not think it would be such a good idea as the same day as the dinner. What if someone gets stuck back there?

Any other time should be good though. I know my way on "some" trails, but I was always followed someone with a map/GPS. MY GPS does not go down to that much details for those unmarked roads either.

What is the headcount for Saturday?

I cannot wait to meet with Eric and his fiance. laugh

K.