Time to get the Volant in

Posted by: Anonymous

Time to get the Volant in - 24/04/08 08:46 AM

So, it's starting to get really nice out and I want to get my volant under the hood! laugh I know I already posted about this but I'm lookin for some help as I don't know much about installing this part. Is there a time when you guys get together or anything closer than Clifton, NJ? (further south)
Posted by: ripcurl2151

Re: Time to get the Volant in - 24/04/08 09:35 AM

that reminds me...i have a calmini idler arm brace i got for xmas that i still need to install.

my driveway is on an incline so my place is out. TJ has done the intake before i think.

mod day anyone? maybe we can actually get your truck done TJ

Re: Time to get the Volant in - 24/04/08 10:45 AM

I have a great idea. Lets have a DE-Mod day at my house. Need to get the BL off.....
Posted by: k_enn

Re: Time to get the Volant in - 24/04/08 12:49 PM

Adding the idler arm brace is a piece of cake if you have air tools. Took me about 10 minutes to do single handedly with an impact wrench. Otherwise, be sure to spray the bolts and nuts with PB, and it helps to have a second person give a hand (trying to hold the nut while using a breaker bar on the bolt is a little tricky for one person).

I may be up for a mod day sometime in the future. Need to replace the centerlink. Anyone got a tie rod end puller? If I go with HooHa, I will need to borrow a drill press and a pitman arm puller, too.

k_enn

Re: Time to get the Volant in - 28/04/08 10:02 AM

steve...you've been saying this for months now...pick a date

i didn't think the idler arm was tough. i don't have air tools, but i've got some PB and should be able to find a friend

Re: Time to get the Volant in - 28/04/08 10:05 AM

steve - just read your other post that you started saturday...i was actually down in south jersey saturday...oh well...let me know if you decide on another weekend

Re: Time to get the Volant in - 08/05/08 02:07 PM

Name a day and I'm there

Re: Time to get the Volant in - 09/05/08 07:40 AM

for mod day that is ..

laugh