Mod Day

Posted by: Anonymous

Mod Day - 06/04/05 06:57 AM

Anyone around this weekend that wants to put a body lift on?
Posted by: BoneCrusher

Re: Mod Day - 06/04/05 01:49 PM

I could help on saturday

Re: Mod Day - 06/04/05 02:49 PM

I am available only this Saturday but I really really have to replace a broken wheel stud and this is my only Saturday off for the month and my inspection needs to be done by end of month, so if I don't get this broken wheel stud done, then my inspection fails.
Posted by: TJ

Re: Mod Day - 06/04/05 03:02 PM

I'm leaving for Italy on Friday...you had to pick now for the BL?

:rolleyes:

Re: Mod Day - 06/04/05 03:27 PM

RJ can you drive the truck?

Maybe we can swap out that bolt as well as doing the body lift?

I dont know what involved in a body lift but i know swapping out a bolt on the hub isnt a HUGE job maybe an hour job right?

Re: Mod Day - 06/04/05 03:50 PM

truck is very road worthy other than bad front tires. Just seems like everyone says to replace a broken wheel stud, it involves taking hub off and rotor. Special tool needed for hub, I have no clue.
Posted by: Stonecoldchavez

Re: Mod Day - 06/04/05 04:59 PM

To take the hub off it requires a special two-prong socket you can get at a Pep Boys or Autozone. I believe (don't quote me) that the socket for an Izuzu works. Brent would know.

I thought to fix it all you have to do is bang out the bad stud with a hammer or something and then to get a new one in you put the lugnut on it and tighten it up until it seats the stud?

Stone

Re: Mod Day - 06/04/05 08:40 PM

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I just ordered the part needed for removing/repairing/replacing the hub. You need an OTC-7698 hub locknut socket, which is made for Dana 60/Isuzu vehicles. If you run a search online you can probably find one for about $12..I paid $15 for mine delivered (and a nice shiny new torque wrench! laugh ). Also keep in mind you will need new oil seals (yet to find a method to remove them without destroying them) and will probably want to repack the bearings. Good luck!

Re: Mod Day - 07/04/05 07:29 AM

RJ i have said tool. And you can borrow it if you need.

Bone, let me know for sure I really need to get this done this week since i too am not off for a saturday for a month.

Re: Mod Day - 07/04/05 10:39 AM

Im in for saturday

Tell me what time and tell me where
PM me or shoot me an email.

slaxer8225 at comcast dot net

Re: Mod Day - 07/04/05 04:01 PM

Would love to meet up with anyone from NJAX and help out if needed (hell I'm a good go-fer...lol). If this is a go, could someone post the location or just email me. Thanks.

Re: Mod Day - 07/04/05 04:27 PM

so how many people lifting this biotch off its frame?....sure hope not just three amigos

Re: Mod Day - 08/04/05 08:45 AM

SO far
Keith
Oleg
Sean
Me
RJ?

pm me for address and number.
10AM start so the people driving far don't ahve to get up too early.

Re: Mod Day - 08/04/05 05:00 PM

you have mail

Re: Mod Day - 08/04/05 08:51 PM

and also a PM cool

Re: Mod Day - 08/04/05 09:19 PM

just got in and responded.