Body Lift uninstall

Posted by: Anonymous

Body Lift uninstall - 01/02/08 12:12 PM

Need to take the Body lift off the truck. I will be more then happy to even sell it to someone for their stock parts and we can take off and put on at one time. 2", no problems just don't need to be that tall. Don't need to clear 33"s, need to be able to get a baby in and out...

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 01/02/08 12:33 PM

Shouldn't be that hard.

You'll need the shorter hardware.

Lower the Rear bumper back to its original holes.

Lower the Radiator back to original mounting position (if the adapter was installed).

Loosen and then retighten the Steering rod connections so they stay aligned without binding (as you lower the body back down).

Can't think of anything else.
Posted by: dano

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 01/02/08 03:29 PM

I'll be the beer holder.
Posted by: Rockaholic

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 01/02/08 04:38 PM

When and where are you planning on doing this?
Posted by: CK

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 03/02/08 04:53 PM

hhhhmmmm..need to keep an eye on this...

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 04/03/08 04:38 PM

Well I just gotta say, I want to smack you then, confused but it was nice to meet the Oleg Lift master. Since I was one of the few there helping out and that driver side under the seal belt bolt was not fun. Good luck getting the system out especially now after all the years it has been on. Don't they make kid steps for trucks now? wink Just have it lock into the sliders.
Posted by: ripcurl2151

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 04/03/08 07:07 PM

not lookin to swap in a BL yet, but let me know when you're doing it and i'll try to swing by if you need a hand

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 10/03/08 10:51 AM

CK email me or call me up some time. Need to catch up with you.

This needs to happen in the next few weeks. I am ordering the tires in the next week or so.
Posted by: CK

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 11/03/08 09:47 AM

sent you an e-mail wink
Posted by: TJ

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 11/03/08 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by schteve:
Need to take the Body lift off the truck. I will be more then happy to even sell it to someone for their stock parts and we can take off and put on at one time. 2", no problems just don't need to be that tall. Don't need to clear 33"s,

need to be able to get a baby in and out...
eek

So - Baby on the way?

laugh

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 25/03/08 07:05 PM

Good Luck with that
Posted by: BoneCrusher

Re: Body Lift uninstall - 31/03/08 01:02 PM

Wow steve I remember the day putting this freaking thing on.

Well let me know when it comes off and Im sure me and meg and Madi will be more than happy to come up and help for a bit.