New policies at Paragon

Posted by: OffroadX

New policies at Paragon - 13/03/04 08:47 PM

Imagine you might have found out the hard way today, but...

FYI guys, if you haven't heard, Kyle now owns PAP (the operation, not the land) and there are changes in the works. So far, the big one is that you cannot self-guide as before. One of the people in any 3+ vehicle group must attend a 1/2-hour free training before the group departs. That person is then clear to lead groups later on, I think for a year. Just make sure your group leader gets there 1/2 an hour early if they aren't already "trained" or you'll all be twiddling your thumbs. Or heck, maybe everyone can get trained while you're at it.

FYI,
Brent
Posted by: jorge

Re: New policies at Paragon - 13/03/04 08:53 PM

We did the "course" this morning. It was sad, we alloted 30 minutes for it, it took less than 5. He just read the new rules, give us a sheet, and that's it.
Posted by: dano

Re: New policies at Paragon - 14/03/04 08:32 AM

And trail waiver cards are no long valid with the new ownership. Until they get the new computer system setup, you will have to fill out a waiver every time you go.
Posted by: jorge

Re: New policies at Paragon - 14/03/04 08:58 AM

They give out fines now, though my assumption is that it's a little hard to catch people.

One good thing is that the staying later than closing fee has been lowered. It used to be $40 per person. Now it's $35 per every 3 people.

Rich Bennet ended up paying $120 when he broke his drive shaft and two people stayed to pull him out of the park.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: New policies at Paragon - 14/03/04 03:33 PM

Which shaft, and what sort of damage?
Posted by: swampwrecker

Re: New policies at Paragon - 20/03/04 04:03 AM

Rich doesn't own a Xterra anymore, he owns a pair of XJs. He sold his X just before ECXC last year.

In anycase, it was the rear drive shaft if I'm not mistaken (I wasn't there when it happened).

-Michael