New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ

Posted by: Baronvonder

New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 14/04/10 05:58 AM

Just picked up a 2004 Xterra 4x4 manual w/ 54k on the odometer on Saturday. looking to meet up with other Xterra owners. Right now I am running completely stock but would like to do some mods as the monies become available. Also have a retired Nissan mechanic as an advisor. Will include pics as soon as figure out how to compress them.
Posted by: TJ

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 14/04/10 08:17 AM

Cool beans!

laugh

Where in NJ are you?

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 14/04/10 02:07 PM

Livingston

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 14/04/10 02:50 PM

I'm in Lawrenceville.

So, wanna hit some trails? (Stock type)

laugh
Posted by: k_enn

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 21/04/10 09:55 AM

Livingston? I work in Roseland. Look for the black X with the Shrock bumper, steel whip CB antenna on the driver's side roof rack, and orange ECXC decals in driver side rear window.

There are other Xterra owners in the north Jersey area that do various mods. Brian, in Clifton, has hosted some "mod days"

Like TJ said, come off-roading some time. ECXC is great event in July for people of all levels of off-roading experience.

k_enn
Posted by: swampwrecker

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 22/04/10 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By: k_enn
EXCE is great event in July for people of all levels of off-roading experience.

k_enn

I've seen lots of variations of ECXC, but I've never come across that one before shocked

-Michael

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 22/04/10 05:45 AM

Thanks guys. k_enn I will keep a look out for you. I am driving a Red 04 stock. On the roof fairing in addition to the Nissan you will see an XTERRA decal on passenger side. If you here me honk you know its to say hello.

-Alex (BARONVONDER)

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 22/04/10 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: swampwrecker
Originally Posted By: k_enn
EXCE is great event in July for people of all levels of off-roading experience.

k_enn

I've seen lots of variations of ECXC, but I've never come across that one before shocked

-Michael

Greetings Mike. You mean you never heard of the Eastern Xterra Challenge Experience? grin

k_enn

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 25/04/10 08:55 AM

LOL

Well, it was the thought that counts....

Kenn.....didn't see you at RC last Saturday, you slacker.

:P

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 27/04/10 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: TJ
<snip>Kenn.....didn't see you at RC last Saturday, you slacker.<snip>

Believe me, I wanted to be there. Unfortunately I sustained a bad sprain to my ankle a couple of weeks ago, and it just was not strong enough this past weekend. I am dieing to get back out on the trails, just to try out the new hardbody front hubs.

k_enn

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 27/04/10 05:56 PM

OW

Getting old sucks.

laugh

Do some healing dude, and get back out.

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 28/04/10 09:02 AM

I am just about healed enough. Now the problem is finding the time to get out there. Have a whole bunch of weddings, confirmations, and similar events over the next couple of months that I hardly have a free weekend.

However, at a minimum I will there for ECXC. I hope to do a warm-up run sometime before then. Are you going t judge the June 19th RCROCS competition? Maybe we do some wheeling on Sunday the 20th.

k_enn
Posted by: swampwrecker

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 29/04/10 05:55 AM

Ken, if you are available on June 5th, you should check out NEXterra's Summer Kick-Off run. It sounds like it is turning out to be a real nice event. http://nexterra.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=53472#53472

-Michael

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 02/05/10 07:35 AM

Yep, already caught the Nexterra run. Looks like a good time to tune up.

k_enn

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 30/05/10 12:58 PM

I'm down for the June 5 Run too.

laugh

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 07/06/10 05:08 PM

How was the June 5th Run? Sorry I have been crazy busy with familial duties.

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 08/06/10 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Baronvonder
How was the June 5th Run? Sorry I have been crazy busy with familial duties.

It was great!

laugh

We had like 35 trucks...a mini ECXC.

For some reason, there was more carnage than usual, not sure why...nothing major really, but arch typically, we don't see as much.

The nice thing is that everyone pitches in, and field repairs are able to be performed by a cadre of experienced wheelers w/o slowing things down much.

We had like no pics/vids...but Mike did shoot us doing a wee rock garden...a Rubicon, a TJ and a few X's.

I'm the LAST one through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aVs2dHLZOs&feature=player_embedded

laugh

Re: New Xterra Owner in Northern NJ - 11/06/10 01:30 PM

Had a great time. We broke up into smaller groups so as to not lose too much time by having too many people at any given bottleneck. (e.g., it takes time to get all trucks in group over an obstacle, and by smaller groups less time is spent waiting for others in the group to get past an obstacle).

Many of the people considered this as tune-up run for ECXC. As a result, they did not want to break stuff now and many tended to run easier and lower rated trails than they are capable of. I ran with a green/stock group, even though myself and everyone in the group is capable of running blue/intermediate trails (and even some advanced).

There was some breakage for a few people, but I did not hear of anything that was devastatingly major. As far as I know, everyone got off the trails ok, and were able to drive home.

As for myself, I had the biggest "stuck" I have ever had. Ended up slipping into a mud/water hole. It took three trucks, with two winches to get me out. Even so, it took somewhere around an hour, and by then the truck was on a 45 degree list, with water over the driver's headlight and about an inch below the hood seam, with the water in the driver's interior about an inch below the fuse block. (Sorry, pictures are not available yet). While it took a lot of work Sunday cleaning the carpet and driver's seat, no real damage noted.

Hope you can make ECXC. It is an event that should be experienced by any Xterra owner that is willing to take to the trails.

k_enn