New River Gorge Activities?

Posted by: S-works

New River Gorge Activities? - 09/12/01 10:28 AM

Ok, so the woman is taking me to WV (New River Gorge area) for the weekend. Any suggestions on activities in the area? Places to bike, hike, horseback ride, wheel? Thanks in advance!
Posted by: Cygnus-X1

Re: New River Gorge Activities? - 10/12/01 05:41 AM

A little more specific. The NRG is huge. Are you going to be around the bridge area????

Re: New River Gorge Activities? - 10/12/01 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cygnus-X1:
A little more specific. The NRG is huge. Are you going to be around the bridge area????

I'll have to get more info from her. Just know there's some cabins out there and I'm trying to figure out what we can do and where. I'll let you know as soon as I get more... thanks...
Posted by: Cygnus-X1

Re: New River Gorge Activities? - 10/12/01 12:30 PM

Try this link for starters...
http://www.gorp.com/gorp/resource/us_river/wv_newri.htm
Posted by: ILUVMYX

Re: New River Gorge Activities? - 10/12/01 12:59 PM

Unfortunately you're too late in the year to enjoy the Gauley. Oooohhh what a rush!
Posted by: gearhead1972

Re: New River Gorge Activities? - 10/12/01 01:04 PM

ROCK CLIMB!

Re: New River Gorge Activities? - 11/12/01 08:28 AM

Thanks guys... looks like we'll be doing some hiking and some biking. The woman also found a horseback place, so we should be covered. Might have to go back in the spring to try out the rafting etc.

Re: New River Gorge Activities? - 11/12/01 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by S-works:
Thanks guys... looks like we'll be doing some hiking and some biking. The woman also found a horseback place, so we should be covered. Might have to go back in the spring to try out the rafting etc.

The Gauley's only open from like early Sept. I think until sometime in October or something. That's when the dam is open. One of the most fun things I've ever done. Don't waste your time and money on the New River.

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: ILUVMYX ]

Re: New River Gorge Activities? - 11/12/01 11:20 AM

Hey S-works, here's some Gauley pics to get you excited. This is what 2,800 cubic feet of water per second looks like!
Gauley fun!

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: ILUVMYX ]