XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat

Posted by: Anonymous

XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 01/02/04 07:22 AM

I am a new owner of a 4x4 SE with plans for spending a lot of time in the mountains near Salt Lake City. While mountain climbing and snow boarding, I expect to be bringin dirty things into the back of the X. I want to protect the entire back area with rubber or plastic. Nissan sells two products for doing this, and only one offers complete coverage of the flat area of the X while the seats are down--I think! I have a large dog who accompanies me on all of my trips, and again I want to cover the area for him as well.

Does anyone own the Nissan vinyl liner--not the shorter, hard plastic version for the back section only, called the Cargo Organizer--but the Cargo Area Protector? I am hoping this fits the entire flat area when the back seats are down. Comments?

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 01/02/04 07:58 AM

I have one and really like it. It does not fit quite right because of the Subwoofer but it is not a big deal. I made an internal bike rack and do not have to worry about the mud anymore. The install is very easy.
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 01/02/04 09:22 AM

I think Husky has them also...here's the site http://www.huskyliners.com/floorliners.html

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 01/02/04 09:26 AM

Hello:

Thanks for the information about the XTerra cargo mat. I have ordered the internal bike rack as well, and hope to be able to use the mat at the same time as the bike rack. Does the mat reach the base of the front seats? In other words, is it designed to cover the flat section of the X, even when the back seats are down?

Having just ordered the accessories listed above, and planning to take the dog into the mountains soon, I am wondering what else I will have to do to protect it from mud, etc. For the short term, the bike rack does not matter as much as the dog transport. I have ski rack already installed up top, and therefore the truly muddy and wet things will remain outside. The bike is worth enough to keep inside, and will not be used until the snowpack melts, which is months away.

Sincerely,

Robert, Dillon (120 lb Great Pyrenees), Patsy (Klein mountain bike), and Spirit (XTerra, named after the Mars lander)

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 01/02/04 09:31 AM

The Husky is a good one. It covers half the back section, and was part of my solution for my 4Runner, which took me and two Great Pyrenees up to the Arctic Ocean and 210,000 miles. My primary purpose now is to find a cargo mat for the entire back section of the new XTerra, with the back seat down, as the 4Runner set up was nearly identical to the XTerra in back. Husky is partial, I need full back area covered.

Thanks again.
Posted by: blueghost

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 02/02/04 09:29 AM

I have the Nissan cargo area protector and yes it covers the whole back of the seats (up or down). My Great Pyrenees and Irish Setter have made it the best investment in my x so far. I've had it two years.
Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 02/02/04 08:26 PM

how much is the husky cargo liner?
Posted by: njs1stlt

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 03/02/04 05:56 AM

Here you go for price:

Husky Liner 00-04

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 04/02/04 09:25 AM

I've got the Nissan mat also. Works Great. [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: R&R LOPEZ

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 04/02/04 05:51 PM

I got the cargo cover (vinyl) that cover the whole back area and I glad that I bougth I too MTB and track alot of mud in so I recommend the cargo area cover great product [Wave]
Posted by: pinoy

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 04/02/04 06:50 PM

I've also got the cargo cover, works very well in protecting the area, only thing I don't like is it's somewhat slick (the vinyl) and if you don't strap/bungee down the load back there it has a tendency to silde around alot.

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 04/02/04 09:28 PM

Do they make the vinal cargo cover for the newer models with the sub in the back?

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 21/02/04 08:55 PM

NO

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 22/02/04 07:45 PM

just a thought, but has anybody found a place to sell the material to make our own cargo mats...seems like it would be easy enough with the materials?
Posted by: gmaxis

Re: XTerra 2004 cargo rubber mat - 22/02/04 11:20 PM

Any big fabric store should carry vinyl material, maybe even pleather.