SLR Stage 4

Posted by: ShipRekd1

SLR Stage 4 - 18/07/02 07:10 PM

In a magazine several months ago, I saw a red Frontier with a Stage 4 SLR kit with 33" tires. Anything in the works for a stage 4 kit for the Xterra?

Jason
Posted by: Spencer Low Racing

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 20/08/02 03:40 PM

We are currently waiting for a shipment of Stage 4 shocks from Bilstein. All of the other parts are tested and proven. SLR’s Stage 4 Suspension Lift will go on the market in the upcoming weeks. We have many new parts being finalized and manufactured. We will be debuting these parts at Off Road Expo, SEMA show, and GOX. We will also be updating the website with new photos and new product descriptions and prices.

Please contact SLR is you have any further questions or to pre-order a Stage 4 system at 928-667-4757. Thank you for your interest in SLR.

>>>SLR
Posted by: UTJMAC

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 20/08/02 04:33 PM

Drooolll....Price?
John
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 20/08/02 05:28 PM

Except for the shocks, I got all that in the rear... How much for just the bumpstop extensions?
Posted by: MeWantSnow!

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 20/08/02 08:27 PM

No torsion bars???
Posted by: Aero Steve

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 20/08/02 08:30 PM

Does this drop the diff further than the Stage III? How does it maintain driveline angles to the front wheels if it doesn't?
Posted by: Ag_xterra

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 21/08/02 04:37 AM

i wouldnt recommend for anyone to install this kit themselves unless they have plenty of tools and patience. the lower control arms are a bitch to remove on anything other than a 1 day old truck.
Posted by: wqbang

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 21/08/02 07:46 AM

How much added travel?
Posted by: Spencer Low Racing

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 21/08/02 10:39 AM

UTJMAC:

"Drooolll....Price?"

Pricing will be posted on our website along with many new updates and products.

BoarderPhreak:

"Except for the shocks, I got all that in the rear... How much for just the bumpstop extensions?"

$65.00/pair powercoated with hardware

MeWantSnow!:

"No torsion bars???"

The product description will be updated on www.2slr.com. Torsion bars are an option with the kit.

Aero Steve:

"Does this drop the diff further than the Stage III? How does it maintain driveline angles to the front wheels if it doesn't?"

There is no additional travel (over Stage 3) with Stage 4. Just better dampening and more efficient travel.

AG Xterra:

"i wouldnt recommend for anyone to install this kit themselves unless they have plenty of tools and patience. the lower control arms are a bitch to remove on anything other than a 1 day old truck."

I have changed many lowers. Some are a "bitch" and some are a breeze. It again depends on the frame’s condition and of course, having the proper tools to perform the work.

wqbang:

"How much added travel?"

Stock lower Stage 3 upper arm, 3 different valving options for shock, better control, better dampening, more efficient.

Thank you for your interest in SLR.

>>>SLR
928-667-4757
Posted by: The X Factor

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 21/08/02 03:49 PM

Will the SLR lower control arms work without the diff drop? Will they work with the AC front suspension parts?
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 21/08/02 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Low Racing:
$65.00/pair powercoated with hardware
Ouch... For two pieces of angle-cut square stock and some bolts? I don't know about that. What else is in the kit? I assume a set of bolts - anything else?
Posted by: OnlyOneDR

Re: SLR Stage 4 - 21/08/02 05:28 PM

The Stage IV equipped truck on your website has different tie-rod ends that have captured spherical bushings and seem to fix the extreme steering angles that are killing centerlinks. I don't see these here?

The lower control arms appear to be gusseted OEM pieces, is this correct?

And lastly, those new shock hoops are going to require welding, yes?