PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra

Posted by: Raingler

PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 11/11/03 04:35 PM

This is very similiar to the smaller internal XNET we have had, except is made out of a much tighter mesh and a heavy seam of Velcro to form a pocket to tuck just about anything that will fit in it out of eye level. Still has the heavy duty fastening rings (but in Stainless steel) and the military style cam buckles. Feedback and comments are welcome. If anyone gets asked, we just are launching two Pathfinder nets as well today and fitting the Armada.

More pictures and details here: http://www.raingler.com/shop/productDetails.asp?productID=168
Posted by: gmaxis

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 11/11/03 05:09 PM

Hmmm...it has potential. How cheap is it? The price, I mean.
Posted by: superjens

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 11/11/03 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
Hmmm...it has potential. How cheap is it? The price, I mean.
Nice looking product, much better than the other ones. Kinda expensive for us Canadians though. frown

I'll put it on my Xmas wishlist though. smile

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 11/11/03 06:05 PM

Maybe Raingler will discount it after a few months just like what they did with the original Xnets. Or maybe you can get a group discount if you promote it to your club.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 11/11/03 07:46 PM

Right, our prices are MSRP. Your dealer may charge more or less, up to them. smile Give the guys at Northshore (on our dealers page at www.raingler.com ) a call for CDN folk. Thanks for the feedback, appreciated!
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 11/11/03 09:01 PM

Damnit Eddie; everytime I buy one of your nets you come out with a better one. I'm gonna have to start waiting longer before I buy! :rolleyes:

Anyone want to buy a used regular mini X Net? smile
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 11/11/03 09:07 PM

I like it alot Eddie, that is a better design than the original mini-net...now it looks like this new designed net can hold more stuff cause of the mesh net material...the old one you needed to hold stuff with bungies to having not fall through the larger holes on the net...good job...

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 12/11/03 11:45 AM

it's still very new and am open to suggestions and feedback. Would most prefer to stay with the ultra overkill buckles or would a smaller plastic buckle be ok, probably knock about 5-7 bucks off the price, etc?
Posted by: Ramstein92

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 12/11/03 06:28 PM

Heavy duty buckles = cool

To me, putting plastic buckles on to save 5 bucks (when I am already spending 50) is no big deal. I would rather have the 'big' buckles.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 12/11/03 07:28 PM

thank you, I am building a light duty one to test and will know true price. It may drop even a bit more, but just trying to get a feel what most would prefer. (maybe not everyone like me would take a laptop with them on a trail)
Posted by: N8sX

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/11/03 06:22 AM

Seems a tad pricey. The barrier net is a great value for the price, but this net at $49.99... I will have to pass. I would say if it were $10-$15 buck less and you would have a real winner.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/11/03 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramstein92:
Heavy duty buckles = cool

To me, putting plastic buckles on to save 5 bucks (when I am already spending 50) is no big deal. I would rather have the 'big' buckles.
Same here!!!
Posted by: buffalo

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/11/03 08:05 AM

hey Eddie, great idea. I was one of the people who offered my opinion on improvments for this net months ago. Wondering if the overall storage dimensions are the same as the mini Xnet. BTW anybody want to buy a used mini xnet so that I can buy this one. thanx
Looking at it again looks like you might be able to increase the size a little bit at least in the width.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/11/03 08:30 AM

lol, doing that as we speak! Working up a cheaper version as well, see if it will pass the torture test. Keep them coming!
Posted by: superjens

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/11/03 08:52 AM

Quote:
Give the guys at Northshore (on our dealers page at www.raingler.com ) a call for CDN folk.
You talking about North Shore OffRoad in Vancouver? No thanks! I'd rather give myself a brake fluid enema on live TV. I'll cheerily pay more somewhere else to avoid them.
Posted by: Close1

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/11/03 09:09 AM

It looks good. A bit pricey but a good design.

Is there also going to be a bigger one?
Posted by: Xterra Kid 2003

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 14/11/03 03:47 PM

Looks good I might add that to my Xmas list.
Posted by: R&R LOPEZ

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 15/11/03 06:34 PM

LOOKS GOOD the pocket was a good idea put me down for one

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 15/11/03 07:07 PM

How about Xnets in a color other that black?

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 15/11/03 09:14 PM

another color? I guess I don't have to stay with the 10 year material (black, red, blue) for these as they shouldn't be in the weather/sun. What would you be thinking of? tan, grey etc?
Posted by: Charrua

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 16/11/03 01:28 PM

Any chance of a larger one? It's a great idea, but kind of small. I like the idea of a pocket instead of just a net.
Posted by: BurgPath

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 16/11/03 06:12 PM

I like the 2 Pathfinder items. I've wondered if something could be engineered for the rear roof interior of a Pathfinder? Not sure if it would restrict the view too much or not.

THAT I would be interested in for sure!

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 20/11/03 08:06 PM

Charrua, YES, a few more days here, we'll put up a picture asap.
Burgpath; The Pathfinder doesn't have the hooks in the ceiling like the X does (least none I have seen.(?) If you can make some support plate and install U or Eye bolts, then I'd say it could be done though.
Posted by: daventx

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 21/11/03 12:45 PM

On my X-Net I added mess to the back half for little things and it works great.
I like the bigger one personally.
Posted by: Close1

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 21/11/03 01:35 PM

Is there going to be a bigger one with a pocket offered? [Uh Oh !]

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 21/11/03 04:21 PM

Dave, that band in your link kicks ass saw them in TX last Aug.
Bigger net.... hmnnn, bigger is better I hear.... laugh
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 02/12/03 06:45 PM

I am concerned with damage that could result from items stored in the net making contact with the headliner. what has been engineered to prevent such damage?

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 02/12/03 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie@Raingler.Net:
another color? I guess I don't have to stay with the 10 year material (black, red, blue) for these as they shouldn't be in the weather/sun. What would you be thinking of? tan, grey etc?
Red will work for me or even yellow.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 03/12/03 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoXfan:
I am concerned with damage that could result from items stored in the net making contact with the headliner. what has been engineered to prevent such damage?
Good point. I could definately use something like this, but it's a little pricey for my tastes...

smile

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 03/12/03 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoXfan:
This is a full wrap pocket, top as well. It is up to owner as to not stow something that would be sharp enough to cut through this mesh (even though it is very high quality and tough) and damage the headlner. This design does not push against the roof, rather is centered even with the X's anchor points. (2-3"s)

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 03/12/03 07:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]another color? I guess I don't have to stay with the 10 year material (black, red, blue) for these as they shouldn't be in the weather/sun. What would you be thinking of? tan, grey etc?
Red will work for me or even yellow.[/b]
Red trim and black mesh I have. (it may look something like this:)

If you mean FULL red (incl. mesh) I would need about 5 folks to agree on an alternate color to be able to offer; anyone else for red?

I am working on a cheaper version now without the military buckles and stainless steel rings, hope to have that complete soon for feedback as well.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 03/12/03 01:17 PM

I may be interested in one with red trim and black mesh if you make it available! laugh

I still might see if I can modify my mini net first though before I buy a new one. Not that I don't want to buy it; I just don't have a job so I'm trying very hard not to buy anything for the X. Ask me if it's easy! :rolleyes:

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 03/12/03 08:20 PM

How about incorporating a pocket net into an interior X-net?

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 04/12/03 07:44 AM

Quote:
How about incorporating a pocket net into an interior X-net?
Can you elaborate just a bit more on this? Do you mean a larger pocket net?

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 04/12/03 09:43 AM

Heres an idea..Lets just get these built before Christmas. I for one would like to add this to my wish list,as I am sure others will too. You are missing your boat to cash in on the Christmas holidays. Asking for opinions is one thing, but letting [Rainbow] people decide on other aspects such as color is wasting time. Sure you will appeal to the three [Rainbow] people, but I am sure the majority will say that what they want is bigger, cheaper net. At least that is what I got from the first 10 posts of this thread. I personally want one like the original protoype only slightly larger, and less then 40.00. Am I asking too much? laugh

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 04/12/03 02:14 PM

yep, got it happening as we speak. Will let all know the moment they are ready. Lol, I can get [Rainbow] webbing if you want, no problem, I think it may even be on clearance!

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 04/12/03 10:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]How about incorporating a pocket net into an interior X-net?
Can you elaborate just a bit more on this? Do you mean a larger pocket net?[/b]
I was thinking of having the pocket either centered on the net or occupying half of the X-net. That way, you get the best of both worlds. I wouldn't mind paying more than 50 clams for this, even if it wasn't a [Rainbow] color. (Okay, maybe purple wink )
Thanks for listening.
Posted by: daventx

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 05/12/03 12:35 PM

Quote:
Dave, that band in your link kicks ass saw them in TX last Aug.
Bigger net.... hmnnn, bigger is better I hear.... laugh
Thanks. I just found out from Heather who you are. Small freakin world.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 09:18 AM

Need feedback on newer version (lower compared to original style; upper in picture) please.
Changes include;
(1) Smaller buckles which allow the pocket to become quite a bit larger.
(2) Inner liner to protect the headliner (punture resistant, simliar to our roof rack grip material)
(3) Price would be 39.95 for XOC members for a short while if this is the final version.

Is this what you'd like to see? I do still have a few of the original style with steel rings available as well.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 09:46 AM

Need bigger pictures to compare for those of us with the mini x-net. Any chance of trade in value for our mini nets?

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 09:46 AM

DING, DING, DING,!!! We have a winner, just tell me where to go, (a link to pay that is), and I am there.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 09:56 AM

How about dimensions or Cubic cargo capacity, something to give us an idea of what we can fit in there. Is the top one the same dimensions as the mini x-net?

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
How about dimensions or Cubic cargo capacity, something to give us an idea of what we can fit in there. Is the top one the same dimensions as the mini x-net?
The larger pocket fits right up to the attachment points already on the roof of the X allowing about an inch for the new buckle. The smaller pocket is the same dimension as the original Mini X-Net for comparison. I will give 85% trade in for any Mini X-NETS (or pockets)purchased after the start of this thread, less shipping. I may have a harder time selling them now it seems wink
I will need to a bit of testing before they are ready for sale, but it certainly is not of the strength that the military steel buckles offer. What is the MAX weight that this new net should carry? These buckles are rated for 150# break strength each and on 3/4" wide strap that is 200#break weight. The smaller steel ring version would cave in the roof or rip out the factory mounts before it hit failure rating. I'll test it this week and see what it takes to break it and keep all posted.
Posted by: Guido

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 11:44 AM

Looks like I finally found my last X-Mas present!! Great Job, I look forward to ordering one!!!!

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 03:36 PM

Definitely would buy the larger one. Looks like my tow strap would fit inside it. And then some.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 04:09 PM

Ok, here's the scoop; We are going to make a short run of this Medium Size Pocket http://www.raingler.com/shop/productDetails.asp?productID=179 before we close for the holiday. This fits really well and I made the decision to finalize it for a short run and we will explore any options (if needed) after the new year. I will start shipping this first run in about a week, so if you want one before Xmas, please go for it asap. If anything I can answer, I will keep a close eye on this thread for the remainder of the week. Here it is (more pics in above link):

[img]

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 05:47 PM

That is a cool upgraded design for the Mini-X Net...just what I had in mind...Eddie, I have the original Mini-X Net, and upon reading your previous e-mail...you would take a "Trade-in" for those of us with the original Mini-X Net for the upgraded one...if that is so, how would one go about doing this trade-in ? and how much would the upgraded net be with the trade-in ? Thanks
Rick

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 07:38 PM

Here is the returns/exchange link:
http://www.raingler.com/nets/warranty_returns.asp

Sorry; I can't remember what I wrote in "previous email" can you send it directly to me? Sorry, I usually get about 100 "legitimate" emails a day lately. Hard to keep them in track. cool

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 09/12/03 08:19 PM

I'll let you explore more options and changes on the X-net and when the red trim is available (hopefully), I'll make my purchase.

Keep up the good work, Eddie! [ThumbsUp]

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 10/12/03 07:37 AM

I ordered mine last night, I look forward to getting it, it will solve some of my storage needs!

Eddie,

How strong is the velcro on the pouch? The reason I didn't buy the mini-xnet is that I was afraid of stuff flying around in an accident. My daughter is always in the back seat, so I wanted to be sure nothing will be falling on her.

Thanks!

Eric

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 10/12/03 03:31 PM

these are great products you are making!

keep up the good work!

hope to see some in my X around christmas!

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 10/12/03 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
I ordered mine last night, I look forward to getting it, it will solve some of my storage needs!

Eddie,

How strong is the velcro on the pouch? The reason I didn't buy the mini-xnet is that I was afraid of stuff flying around in an accident. My daughter is always in the back seat, so I wanted to be sure nothing will be falling on her.

Thanks!

Eric
Thank you Eric, It's really the best possible velcro in this size available. I feel that the plastic OEM mounts in the earlier X's will fail before the velcro would or anything on the net. I will recommend 20#'s as the max weight to be stored in this net. I appreciate the order and look forward to any feedback you care to share once you get the chance to.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 10/12/03 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by boognight:
these are great products you are making!

keep up the good work!

hope to see some in my X around christmas!
That is very much appreciated. I enjoy making exactly what you guys/gals demand for your vehicles. I was hoping someone with an exterior Xterra net would take a picture hauling their tree home. I'll send a 2004 Calendar for the first good picture of this if you have or will have one. Thanks again.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 23/12/03 01:00 PM

are these still available, and are you offering a special. Finally sold my old mini-xnet. Time to get this one.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 23/12/03 02:14 PM

I just got mine on Friday, I was out of town, so I didn't get it in until last night. I have it installed in the truck, just haven't got around to putting anything in it yet!!

Looks to be very well built. I was worried abouth the velcro, but after seeing it, it looks very sturdy!

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 26/12/03 11:36 AM

i just ordered one.

hope to get it soon.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 28/12/03 09:27 AM

Just ordered one hope to have it soon, just send it to the least populated place in CO.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 02/01/04 10:46 PM

Please share w/ me opinions from the initial buyers of the steel ring units and the larger plastic buckle style pockets. I am ready to run the most popular this coming week. Need feedback on finalized unit. Several of you will be getting yours this coming week as well.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 03/01/04 11:53 AM

As soon as it gets here I will let u Know.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 05/01/04 08:53 AM

I am remembering somewhere, somebody mentioning a special price for XOC members, or is it the same price as posted on your website?

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 05/01/04 10:54 AM

Good question, yes I have it set at the introductory price online so that I don't have to manually price adjust each order right now. I have a few more of the larger styles ready to go and won't rerun until this item is finalized (upon feedback)

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 05/01/04 12:26 PM

dedgummit. mine has been stuck in denver since the 1st (according to fedex).

someone in denver mind driving over there seeing what the problem is?

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 05/01/04 03:03 PM

Denver doesn't know what to do when it's ONE degree as it is there now. Says, Jan 8th for delivery, let me know if it's not there by then.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 05/01/04 07:11 PM

Cranky, hang in there. Eddie is by far the most professinal person I have delt with to include the "lacky" [ThumbsDown] dealership here in Lubbock.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 06/01/04 05:09 AM

i'm just goofing. i'm just a.d.d. when i order stuff that i really want... smile

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 06/01/04 08:14 AM

Wooohooo got mine yesterday!!

Even though it was 12 below I told my wife I'll be with my X hahahah.

Seems very sturdy just have a few items up there now will load it up today. [ThumbsUp]

Definitely stays out of the view for the rear view mirror [ThumbsUp] !

Ill post more later along with some pics
Posted by: i8a4re

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 06/01/04 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by superjens:
You talking about North Shore OffRoad in Vancouver? No thanks! I'd rather give myself a brake fluid enema on live TV. I'll cheerily pay more somewhere else to avoid them.
off topic.. but.. superjens... I take it I shouldn't order my TJM through them?

EDDIE: have you had any feedback on what Canadians have been paying for duty on the Mini Xnet and/or the "interior xnet" when ordering direct?

thx

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 08/01/04 04:37 PM

got mine today!

i like the way it fits...it doesn't seem to interfere with rearward view....the plastic clasps look more than up to the challenge.

guess i need to stuff it and take some pics this weekend...
Posted by: ecfiffer

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/01/04 12:42 PM

hey eddie- i like the way it looks and i am rather happy that i did not go ahead and get teh mini x-net like i wanted. i want this instead!

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/01/04 02:47 PM

Sold my mini x-net and ready to order, but I want to see pictures first before I order, preferably with stuff in it.
Posted by: helopilot73

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/01/04 03:51 PM

I'd love to hear from anyone who has (or had) the mini X net, and moved on to this... I currently have the mini X net and love it, I'd like to hear from others...

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/01/04 04:12 PM

I just ordered mine today. I hope they are still in stock. Looks really nice can't wait to use it.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/01/04 04:58 PM

link to: http://www.raingler.com/shop/productDetails.asp?productID=179
This is at an introductory price now. We have them in stock and I thank the early adopters for their feedback on this. The retail price will most likely be in effect by mid Feb. 2004. If you have installed one of these please share your feedback on it with us as well. Any questions; please post here or email me directly. Eddie ; info@raingler.com
Posted by: Scott

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 14/01/04 05:55 AM

I've got mine installed and I like it. It is a little small, but then again if it gets too big it either hangs down too low or interferes with the back seat. It looks like it should hold up well. I really like having things enclosed completely on the top to keep the dust off, but a nice mesh on the bottom so you can remember what the heck you have in there. The velcro seems to hold well, so I don't think anything will be flying out. Another great product from Raingler.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 14/01/04 07:55 AM

Hey Eddie, Am I correct in assuming that this net is attached with velcro on three sides or was that just on the prototype. I originally thought that it was going to be enclosed on 3 sides and attached with velcro only on the lip opening. Is it possible to get it enclosed on 3 sides and velcro on the other. Please let me know.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 14/01/04 09:27 AM

Buffalo, you are correct, it is designed to open from the rear of the vehicle and done in a way so that any of the three sides made be opened to prevent what's already in there from falling out. From your description it sounds as if you want it to open at the front of the vehicle instead? Still taking feedback from existing MIXP (pocket net) purchasers....
Posted by: pinoy

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 14/01/04 09:35 AM

Quote:
This is at an introductory price now. The retail price will most likely be in effect by mid Feb. 2004.
I'm glad I placed an order for this product last night.
Question for the people that have them already, what have you guys got stuffed in them? I'm planning on putting jumper cables and some miscellaneous bungees and hold down straps in there. I think Eddie said something like 20# weight limit so I sould be fine, right?

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 14/01/04 12:21 PM

Quote:
Buffalo, you are correct, it is designed to open from the rear of the vehicle and done in a way so that any of the three sides made be opened to prevent what's already in there from falling out. From your description it sounds as if you want it to open at the front of the vehicle instead? Still taking feedback from existing MIXP (pocket net) purchasers....
Sorry eddie I would like it to only open from one side that side being the back or once its mounted the side closest to the rear hatch, do you have plans for this or does it depend on the feedback you get from the ones you have already sold.
Posted by: Scott

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 14/01/04 03:47 PM

Pinoy - I just have 2 windbreakers, 2 winter hats, and some gloves up there. However, what you are talking about putting up there sounds like it should fit fine.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 14/01/04 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
Quote:
[b]Buffalo, you are correct, it is designed to open from the rear of the vehicle and done in a way so that any of the three sides made be opened to prevent what's already in there from falling out. From your description it sounds as if you want it to open at the front of the vehicle instead? Still taking feedback from existing MIXP (pocket net) purchasers....
Sorry eddie I would like it to only open from one side that side being the back or once its mounted the side closest to the rear hatch, do you have plans for this or does it depend on the feedback you get from the ones you have already sold.[/b]
So, just the center of the back to open? I don't see the advantage to this, (simply do not open the sides?) would limit the size of items that would fit in it I would venture. On the other hand, I am finalizing the feedback as you mentioned above, anyone else would desire this variation? One could simply sew the two outer side shut I suppose..... maybe I am missing something on this idea. confused
Posted by: pinoy

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 15/01/04 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Pinoy - I just have 2 windbreakers, 2 winter hats, and some gloves up there. However, what you are talking about putting up there sounds like it should fit fine.
Thanks much scott!

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 16/01/04 05:51 PM

to Ed @ raingler
Hey I was just wondering how long does the order process take for this item. I ordered mine on the 13 of Jan. Just curious.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 21/01/04 10:33 PM

Usually a week, if you don't have it by now, email me directly please. ecline@raingler.com

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 10/02/04 05:41 PM

Thanks again to all those who shared their feedback. Please as always continue to share suggestions, feedback, or gripes with me directly on all Nissan products we manufacture.
ecline@raingler.com is my direct email. Regards, Eddie Cline
NOTE: Introductory price will end on Feb. 15th for the MIXP pocket net, so if you have been waiting to order; go ahead soon. smile

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 10/02/04 10:31 PM

Question for XOCer's that had the original Mini-X Net and swapped it for the New Pocket X-Net...How do you like it compared to the original Mini-X Net?

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 12/02/04 09:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eddie@Raingler.Net:
[QB]This is very similiar to the smaller internal XNET we have had, except is made out of a much tighter mesh and a heavy seam of Velcro to form a pocket to tuck just about anything that will fit in it out of eye level. Still has the heavy duty fastening rings (but in Stainless steel) and the military style cam buckles. Feedback and comments are welcome. If anyone gets asked, we just are launching two Pathfinder nets as well today and fitting the Armada.

Great a new product to store my wifes purse and a bra.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 13/02/04 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by E-MAN:
[QUOTE]

Great a new product to store my wifes purse and a bra.
Is this a "customer letters" submission? :p

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 15/02/04 07:27 PM

All I'm saying is this: if I'm going to purchase a product in this case an accessory for my Xterra is going to be something thats verry useful, and in order for me have an interest
on a certain product I would like to see the product in action, something that's going to make sence, and to be honest spending 80 bucks on a product that the purpose I see is to hold a purse I rather have My wife hold her own purse.
(to make mt story short, Advertising is the key to success.)

No Hardfeelings Peace Bro
Posted by: BluRdgX

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 17/02/04 12:07 PM

Ordered mine friday before the price increase(if the 15th is still the cutoff). Curious, is it shipped UPS or USPS...sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks!
BRX

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 17/02/04 12:34 PM

hehe, I ordered one Friday too! laugh

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 17/02/04 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BluRdgX:
Ordered mine friday before the price increase(if the 15th is still the cutoff). Curious, is it shipped UPS or USPS...sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks!
BRX
Yes you did get before the price increase to retail. Should be Fed Ex. Send me an email if you don't have the tracking by Wed. night. Should auto send to your supplied email.

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 18/02/04 09:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BluRdgX:
[b]Ordered mine friday before the price increase(if the 15th is still the cutoff). Curious, is it shipped UPS or USPS...sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks!
BRX
Yes you did get before the price increase to retail. Should be Fed Ex. Send me an email if you don't have the tracking by Wed. night. Should auto send to your supplied email.[/b]
Ordered mine yesterday, hope you guys still honor the special price as advertised since it had not been changed on the website. I can't wait to put it to use.
Posted by: Dickerd

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 19/02/04 02:44 PM

Wow... wish my internet service wasn't down for the last 2 weeks while they installed lines. Coulda saved some $$.

Regardless... looks really nice Eddie. I'll be calling to place an order in a few minutes.

Richie =)

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 20/02/04 05:20 PM

Received mine today and installed it! As always, it's excellent quality and fits well. It will hold a raincoat or two (depending on size), a couple hats, and a few other small items that would otherwise clutter up the cargo area. What I found too is that there's enough space above it that if you have a large blanket or such you can put it on top of the net and cinch the straps up to hold it. THat's what I did with my blanket.

Here are a couple pictures...

Re: PRESS RELEASE from Raingler.: New product for Xterra - 02/03/04 12:02 PM

I've had mine installed for a little over a week now and here is my feedback. Keep in mind that I had the previous x mini net before this one.
Pros: Much larger than mini x net
Can store very small items

Cons: prefer metal buckles on mini x-net,
much easier to cinch tight
buckles seem like they will fatigue/crack over time.
sagging in the midle is much lower in the middle than with the mini xnet (keep in mind that I currently have a small pair of binoculars and 2 handheld radios in the pocket)

Overall I think this net is an improvement over the mini xnet but I would have liked the metal buckles with the full size straps instead of plastic buckles with narrower straps. imo