Question for Jim Shrock

Posted by: Anonymous

Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 05:45 AM

I was wondering if you would ever think about producing a lightbar for the front of the 2nd gens. I can't afford a whole new front bumper, but would love to mount some KC's to the front bumper/grill area. Unfortunately no companies offer any light bars. I dont want to buy a bull bar just to mount some lights. I bet more people would be interested in such a product.

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 08:06 AM

What is the difference between a light bar and a bull bar? Most of the bull bars out there arn't good for much else than holding lights and still cost a lot.

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 09:41 AM

I want something that doesnt bolt to the tow hook holes on the frame. I dont want my approach angle to be affected, I just want to mount some lights. I dont know if any other mounting points are available other than those holes, so i dont even know if such a light bar would be possible. I just thought it would be something of interest to a few people out there.

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 09:43 AM

It's possible, but it would likely involved removing the plastic from the front end, drilling holes, re-attaching plastic, and then bolting stuff together.

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 10:00 AM

Like so?

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 10:03 AM

yes, something very similar

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 10:15 AM

Damn! DBAX you runnin all those lights off a OEM battery?

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 10:21 AM

This is WALDOs rig, and I'm sure it's jacked up.. He's also running an incabin entertainment system (drop down DVD/monitor), w/ a whole new stereo and speakers. Plus there're a bunch of other electro goodies.. I'd doubt it was stock (batt/alt). smile

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 10:22 AM

how did yuo go about that? fab up some kind of bracket to secure to the steel under the bumper cover?

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 11:58 AM

If he is running an aftermarket alt, get him to let us know what he is using. I would love to get an upgraded one when my next alt goes.

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 21/02/07 12:37 PM

Is there any way to contact waldo to see how he did that?

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 26/02/07 07:13 PM

yes Chef-Tyler & Mikey-O you will need to take the grill and front bumper off to install the lights of your choice and use a reinforcement bar on the back side .also the silver clading or top cover on the lower bumper cover is in to parts. i removed the gray part and did not reuse. so later down the road if i did not like it i could reinstall the gray cap so as to cover the holes that will need to be drilled to install your choice of lights.but when i remove the bumper cover again it will be for a shrock bumper!
Happy Trails
Waldo laugh
Posted by: TJ

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 26/02/07 09:23 PM

I was WONDERING where Waldo was.....

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 27/02/07 01:03 PM

I like that. Do you think you can get a close-up shot of where they're mounted? You don't have to go nuts, just a more telling photo.

Re: Question for Jim Shrock - 27/02/07 04:04 PM

just hold the lights where you want them aim the direction and hight then start drilling remove bumper first i placed the cover on for test looks aswell as aiming.. and so on and so on .
Good luck .i will try to take a pic for you i never thought anybody would care so i did not
take any pics during the install.
Waldo cool