Raingler Exterior X-Net Rusted Rings

Posted by: XterraDiver

Raingler Exterior X-Net Rusted Rings - 19/03/03 05:33 PM

I just washed my truck and was looking at the Exterior X-Net. The circle rings are all rusted. Now I am worried about the rust falling onto the truck and causing a corrosion problem there too. I left it on the X based on your statment:
Quote:
Raingler nets are contructed with 10 yr. UV resistant webbing and corrosion resistant materials and hardware, so there is no need to take it off.
. frown
Posted by: 03SYXPilot

Re: Raingler Exterior X-Net Rusted Rings - 19/03/03 05:34 PM

Can someone say... WARRANTY!! Ask them to replace it. FOr how much $$$ they cost, Raingler should not give you any shiznit about it.
Posted by: Raingler

Re: Raingler Exterior X-Net Rusted Rings - 20/03/03 07:44 AM

Thanks Eric for the enthusiastic response. Xdiver; Please email me so we can get you fixed. While our supplier(s) for the rings won't guarantee that it CAN'T rust, I'd sure like to have the rings to take to them as they are supposed to be coated to be very resistant to rust. We'll get you taken care of, again; please contact us directly so we may resolve. -Eddie
Posted by: usarock69

Re: Raingler Exterior X-Net Rusted Rings - 21/03/03 10:52 AM

Eddie is DA MAN.

I just ordered mine last week, got it installed and I love it!!!

I'm taking off for an adventure trip (2 weeks) in May. Some major testing will be conducted. smile

Re: Raingler Exterior X-Net Rusted Rings - 03/04/03 02:10 PM

Sent in the X-Net last Tuesday and a new net is on its way to me today. Great service.
smile
Posted by: 03SYXPilot

Re: Raingler Exterior X-Net Rusted Rings - 06/04/03 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie@Raingler.Net:
Thanks Eric for the enthusiastic response. Xdiver; Please email me so we can get you fixed. While our supplier(s) for the rings won't guarantee that it CAN'T rust, I'd sure like to have the rings to take to them as they are supposed to be coated to be very resistant to rust. We'll get you taken care of, again; please contact us directly so we may resolve. -Eddie
Awesome Customer Service Eddie... I think you just sold me on the interior X-net!! Glad you backed up my statement! Glad to see there are still companies that stand behind their product. Makes it worth the $$$ spent.
Posted by: Matt Peckham

Re: Raingler Exterior X-Net Rusted Rings - 07/04/03 04:46 PM

how about aluminum or resin rings? they wouldn't rust.

or get them zinc coated, not chromed. chrome is cheap and rusts. zinc is a pretty tough coating that isn't ugly.

Re: Raingler Exterior X-Net Rusted Rings - 10/04/03 07:28 PM

Received it yesterday and installed it lastnight. The rings look exactly the same. Can't say if they are made better on not. Only time and weather will show me for sure.