Shockworks Skid Plate

Posted by: off2cjb

Shockworks Skid Plate - 08/08/03 11:44 AM

The Shockworks ARB skid plate is compatible with an ARB. The question I have is this; "Is it totally useable in a standalone mode." I don't ahve an ARB and like this plate, but can I use it?
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: Shockworks Skid Plate - 08/08/03 12:24 PM

Where would you put it if you don't have the bumper it goes with?

Re: Shockworks Skid Plate - 08/08/03 12:28 PM

I don't know. You can't tell from the pics at their site if it is possible without one. I don't know what fits and doesn't, or what just the front plate looks like alone. I haven't seen a photo on here of an X showing just the front plate, whether it is Skid Row or Shockworks.
Posted by: krisjon

Re: Shockworks Skid Plate - 08/08/03 02:23 PM

I remember Jim saying that it won't work without the bumper....the mounting points are different / won't line up.
Posted by: Shrock

Re: Shockworks Skid Plate - 08/08/03 03:11 PM

It actually bolts to the ARB bumper and follows the contour it, so it wont work w/o it.

There is nowhere to mount a front skid like that w/o an aftermarket bumper. There will be one for our new bumper and also some for underneath the truck.

Jim

Re: Shockworks Skid Plate - 08/08/03 05:34 PM

Thanks for the information fellas. I guess I will have to wait and see what the new bumper will look like.

Re: Shockworks Skid Plate - 08/08/03 10:09 PM

yeah something like that underneath works, but the one he is asking about comes out well in front of the frame horns and above them. That's why there is no place to install it w/o a bumper.
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: Shockworks Skid Plate - 09/08/03 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrock:
yeah something like that underneath works, but the one he is asking about comes out well in front of the frame horns and above them. That's why there is no place to install it w/o a bumper.
I noticed that - does yours end at the bottom of the ARB?

That is, could it be used in conjunction with the Skid Row plate?

Re: Shockworks Skid Plate - 09/08/03 01:03 PM

It does work with the skid row front skid. It wraps about 4" under the frame but stops short of the skid row plate.