ECXC Reviews

Posted by: Dayspring

ECXC Reviews - 14/07/02 10:01 AM

As with the Picture thread, here we can post a central thread of reviews/thoughts and funny moments from the trip.

I'll do it later. Sleepy now. shocked
Posted by: MeWantSnow!

Re: ECXC Reviews - 14/07/02 02:39 PM

Once again Nick, OUTSTANDING!!!! laugh [Freak]
Posted by: dano

Re: ECXC Reviews - 14/07/02 05:24 PM

11 am and sleeping sheesh wink 11 am and wheeling baby wink
Posted by: Dayspring

Re: ECXC Reviews - 14/07/02 07:20 PM

Don't forget Dan, I wheeled on Friday...

Re: ECXC Reviews - 15/07/02 10:02 AM

Yup I know. You missed a good run on Sunday tho with Rich. We took a few trails nobody took all weekend long, AND were out of there before 2.
Posted by: Olegkha

Re: ECXC Reviews - 15/07/02 10:06 AM

Dano: what trails were those ?
Posted by: MeWantSnow!

Re: ECXC Reviews - 15/07/02 08:16 PM

Mostly alot of small loops, like Bunny Trail...that's the short loop off of coal road by the staging area. We also took Bypass...that's the one I suggested to you to take, and we did a few smaller loops around Doe Run.

Re: ECXC Reviews - 16/07/02 06:15 AM

Cool
Thanks

Did everything exsept bypass ( i guess )
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: ECXC Reviews - 18/07/02 05:04 AM

RUN FORREST!!!!!!

Dano, if we only knew sooner, the weekend would've been SO much better.. wink

hrmmmm..at least no "quarter" jokes...

Bypass was a hairy trail, but at least it wasn't Blueberry...Rock Swamp kicks ass!!! i guess that's it...
Posted by: Carlton McMillan

Re: ECXC Reviews - 18/07/02 06:00 AM

What was the final truck count?
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: ECXC Reviews - 18/07/02 06:19 AM

I believe the final truck count was around 40. There were some who just never showed up, and some who cancelled a day or two before. Had that not happened, it might have topped 50...not really sure. Swampy would know for sure.

(I just know at the campground, I counted 37, and there were a few people staying at a hotel).

Re: ECXC Reviews - 18/07/02 06:24 AM

40?
i think on sat morning i counter over 50 trucks
on fri, and sun under 40

Re: ECXC Reviews - 18/07/02 11:22 AM

The amazing thing about Sunday was that almost everyone left which left only a few of us out there. But somehow we all managed to all backup and meet at Spare Tire Creek, including a whole jeep group and 3 ATV riders ;p

Re: ECXC Reviews - 18/07/02 01:58 PM

APOOOOHAAA
that was pretty funny all meeting up like that...i especially loved seeing oleg stuck and not able to get up that side!! wink sorry, had to say it... [Finger] [Finger]

Re: ECXC Reviews - 19/07/02 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by njX:
APOOOOHAAA
that was pretty funny all meeting up like that...i especially loved seeing oleg stuck and not able to get up that side!! wink sorry, had to say it... [Finger] [Finger]
Ari where?
at that creek ?
i was not stuck i was still moving wink , and with some exellent spoting i was able to walk right up ( Thanks Dave, i still dont know how you got on my side of the creek )
Posted by: Xcited

Re: ECXC Reviews - 02/08/02 11:35 PM

After ECXC, I was on (driving) vacation through the East coast, into the Maritimes (NS, NB...) and over to Newfoundland. I just got home after almost a month on vacation, so this post is a little late...

ECXC was great, looking forward to it again next year. Big thanks to Oleg for a great job spotting me on a lot of obstacles...he even got me through the rock swamp without even hitting a slider!

Re: ECXC Reviews - 03/08/02 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Olegkha:
Quote:
Originally posted by njX:
[b]APOOOOHAAA
Ari where?
at that creek ?
i was not stuck i was still moving wink , and with some exellent spoting i was able to walk right up ( Thanks Dave, i still dont know how you got on my side of the creek )[/b]
I usually walk on water, but that day there was a cable crossing about 100' up the stream.

laugh