goneMOAB and 2wd

Posted by: XOC

goneMOAB and 2wd - 23/12/04 06:24 PM

We are thinking about having some 2WD friendly events/trails this year at goneMOAB. How many of you 2WD peeps would be interested in attenging?
Posted by: Xorand

Re: goneMOAB and 2wd - 23/12/04 08:01 PM

Oh, yeah, so now you offer the option. :p

How're things hangin', Carlton?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: goneMOAB and 2wd - 24/12/04 01:48 AM

I would be in.
Posted by: xterraintx

Re: goneMOAB and 2wd - 24/12/04 03:11 AM

Carlton, exactly what where would 4X2's be safe?? Going up would work I guess but what about all the drops?

Don't get me wrong I think it's great to include them... but I guess they would be left out a lot.
Posted by: DesertHB

Re: goneMOAB and 2wd - 24/12/04 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraintx:
Carlton, exactly what where would 4X2's be safe?? Going up would work I guess but what about all the drops?

Don't get me wrong I think it's great to include them... but I guess they would be left out a lot.
Moab is a really cool place and there is plenty to see and do. 2 wheel drive cars would be limited to scenic drives and such (NPs for instance). The 2 wheel group would have daily runs just like the 4x4 crowd. A driver of a 2 wheel drive might also want to ride shotgun if there is a open seat on a 4x4. 2 wheel drive cars would not be permitted on any of the traditional GONEMoab 4x4 trail runs.

-Doug

-Doug

Re: goneMOAB and 2wd - 24/12/04 07:23 AM

I am sure it would be easy enough to put together a route for 2x4s.

Re: goneMOAB and 2wd - 24/12/04 10:57 AM

Mr. Administrator (Carlton) You had mentioned that there may or may not be a GOX this coming year, if this is true than I would like to attend goneMoab again. The reason Im asking is because my wonderful wife seems to have limited me to just one "big trip" a year and since I have not done GOX then that is what I would plan for.

If GOX does not happen than I would attend goneMoab again.

By the way I really liked your idea of everyone staying at the same place next time, if it is possible, that is.