Lions Back Carnage

Posted by: Anonymous

Lions Back Carnage - 12/12/06 10:09 AM

Dont take this line... this was last week. wink

Video Here

Everyone walked away.

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 12/12/06 12:26 PM

ouch.. glad everyone was ok.. But what were they trying to do??

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 12/12/06 12:36 PM

Well The only thing I can figure out is there is a slight turn at the bottom of Lions Back, right before it gets really really steep. I figure they turned to early.

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 12/12/06 01:00 PM

Lions Back is no big deal if you are anything short of retarded.

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 12/12/06 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
Lions Back is no big deal if you are anything short of retarded.
Yeah he had obviouly never been up before and no one with a radio below.
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 12/12/06 03:43 PM

45 foot drop my ass... it's about a trucklength - maybe 1.5 trucklengths.
Posted by: johnnyx

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 12/12/06 04:21 PM

is it just me or are the vids on YouTube getting slower and slower to load... ?

WTF were they thinking? "It'll be cool to take this really steep drop..."
Posted by: DesertHB

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 12/12/06 06:05 PM

It looked like it got wedged in real good on landing. Notice all the loose crap in the back including a spare tire, hi-lift jack and an ice chest (my bet it was full of KeyStone light). I also liked the "alignment" tool they were using when they were unloading the truck in the Motel6 parking lot.

Crap like this is why Lion's Back is not an official goneMOAB trail. The insurance would jump up quite a bit.

See you in Moab,

Doug
Posted by: Paul H

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 13/12/06 02:54 AM

Says the video is private?

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 13/12/06 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
Says the video is private?
I watched it yesterday, but am getting the same message as you now. Someone must have changed it.

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 13/12/06 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lykofos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
[b]Says the video is private?
I watched it yesterday, but am getting the same message as you now. Someone must have changed it.[/b]
Yep, if I was the driver of that truck I'd want it pulled too. Nothing like showing how stupid you are on the internet for the world to see.

"Well, I was up on Lion's Back and yeah, I did $10,000 damage to my truck...yeah, took the wrong line... off the SIDE OF THE FREAKIN' CLIFF!" [LOL] [Laughing]
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 13/12/06 08:36 AM

It's not really a vid anyway... just a slideshow. There is one where he has obviously started to go off - and then a bunch of the wreck site and recovery.

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 14/12/06 08:55 PM

ahhh here is the info from TTORA

Quote:
NorCal Prez Stepping Down
I am stepping down as the NorCal president. My actions in Moab this weekend were irresponsible and reflected poorly on the club and wheeling in general. For that I am sincerely sorry.

My irresponsible behavior left me with a totalled truck, bruised up girlfriend, and some legal trouble. It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out that alcohol was involved.

To all of my friends who offered help and support, I appreciate that, sometimes in life friends are all you have and that really means a lot to me. You know I would always help any of you in a heartbeat in any way I possibly could.

To the couple hypocrites who judged me so harshly, derived pleasure from my misfortune, and went way above and beyond to kick me in the nuts while I was down.... I can only laugh when I think about all of the times I have seen you driving down the trail with a beer in your hand.

Oh well. I will continue to remain very active helping people on this board as well as out on the trail. 2007 is going to be a great year wheeling with all my friends around the west!

I am still a couple states away from home with intermittent internet access, but I will respond to emails, pm's, and message threads when possible.

See you out on the trails! (Sober of course!)

Regards,
....Mike

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 14/12/06 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
ahhh here is the info from TTORA

Quote:
NorCal Prez Stepping Down
I am stepping down as the NorCal president. My actions in Moab this weekend were irresponsible and reflected poorly on the club and wheeling in general. For that I am sincerely sorry.

My irresponsible behavior left me with a totalled truck, bruised up girlfriend, and some legal trouble. It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out that alcohol was involved.

To all of my friends who offered help and support, I appreciate that, sometimes in life friends are all you have and that really means a lot to me. You know I would always help any of you in a heartbeat in any way I possibly could.

To the couple hypocrites who judged me so harshly, derived pleasure from my misfortune, and went way above and beyond to kick me in the nuts while I was down.... I can only laugh when I think about all of the times I have seen you driving down the trail with a beer in your hand.

Oh well. I will continue to remain very active helping people on this board as well as out on the trail. 2007 is going to be a great year wheeling with all my friends around the west!

I am still a couple states away from home with intermittent internet access, but I will respond to emails, pm's, and message threads when possible.

See you out on the trails! (Sober of course!)

Regards,
....Mike
Damn, forever will be known as a dumbass, just like Charlie Wenzel, only for different reasons. [ThumbsDown]

If that were me, I'd disappear from that club AND the internet for quite some time.

Just look at Brent - he chopped a small tree and he'll never hear the end of it. Oops. [Uh Oh !]
Posted by: KJ_dragon

Re: Lions Back Carnage - 15/12/06 04:10 PM

found a video that is still public

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6YpEJGxNSg