Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip!

Posted by: Anonymous

Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 03/04/06 06:54 PM

We have the white water rafting trip planned.

Originally posted by 2Xplore:
As I posted, Brenda an I are going to do this. I am prepared to make reservations soon.
I have no information on which of the numerous companies are better than others, but the rates vary from $41 to $55 for a full day. They all do the "Fisher Towers" area of the river, and all offer lunch.
The least expensive one is World Wide River Expeditions with the full day at $41 per person. They offer a group rate for 8 or more at $37 per person (plus tax @ 6%) RATES

I have spoken to Steve, the owner of this outfit, and since we are all spread out, he would be willing to give us the group rate (with 8 or more) and set it up so that you can call him and arrange payment individually.
1-800-231-2769
Just tell him you are part of the Xterra Owners Club.

So, Wdnesday 5/24 for this outing.

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 04/04/06 01:52 PM

Wouldn't mind. Depends on the $$$$

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 05/04/06 08:35 AM

Yeah, might be interested.
Posted by: Xtoolbox

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 05/04/06 06:03 PM

Yeah we did a one day guided rafting trip the 1st year we went and had a blast, couple of outfits in town offer them from mild floats to more wild with some rapids.

I dig rafting and would go but I think my kids are too small/young for the guided companies so it would have to make some arraignments for them so don’t count me in for that.

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 05/04/06 11:13 PM

This is something I might be up for as well. I was thinking of something like this on Wed,, which is the Moab rim day with locker required ( My X is not locked). Besides, my wife will need a break by then...lol.
Looks like a full day raft trip is $53 per person, and morning half day is $39.
Canyon Voyages Adventures

Full day at Mild to Wild is $49 per person

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 06/04/06 01:06 AM

Quote:
This is something I might be up for as well. I was thinking of something like this on Wed,, which is the Moab rim day with locker required ( My X is not locked). Besides, my wife will need a break by then...lol.
Looks like a full day raft trip is $53 per person, and morning half day is $39.
Canyon Voyages Adventures

Full day at Mild to Wild is $49 per person
I was thinking the same thing! Wednesday is a nice mid week break. I love 4 wheeling/rock crawling, but a rafting trip would be a nice simple diversion.

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 06/04/06 09:01 AM

Story on CNN online today mentioning this.

Features a company called Adrift Adventures; half-day $36

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/04/05/arches.moab.ap/index.html
Posted by: RedX

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 06/04/06 07:53 PM

Could be fun for us Easterners, as well.

Hmmmmm........ cool

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 08/04/06 11:21 PM

I'd be in for $50.
Posted by: xterraintx

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 09/04/06 05:32 AM

I'm in if it comes together... driving from Texas I'll be ready for a fun break from my truck!!!!

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 09/04/06 12:35 PM

Talked with the wife and she is in, so the 2 of us are a go. Definately going to do this on Wednesday.

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 12/04/06 11:32 AM

As I posted, Brenda an I are going to do this. I am prepared to make reservations soon.
I have no information on which of the numerous companies are better than others, but the rates vary from $41 to $55 for a full day. They all do the "Fisher Towers" area of the river, and all offer lunch.
The least expensive one is World Wide River Expeditions with the full day at $41 per person. They offer a group rate for 8 or more at $37 per person (plus tax @ 6%) RATES

I have spoken to Steve, the owner of this outfit, and since we are all spread out, he would be willing to give us the group rate (with 8 or more) and set it up so that you can call him and arrange payment individually.
1-800-231-2769

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 12/04/06 12:41 PM

Put me down! If you have a number I can call and make reservations for myself or just you make the reservation and I / we can call and give CC info.

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 12/04/06 12:48 PM

Let me speak with my father and see if this would interest him. I would like to do it.

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 12/04/06 04:14 PM

Quote:

1-800-231-2769

Hey 2 Explore THANK YOU! We will have a white water rafting party.

I called Steve today. I am wondering if we can make this post a Sticky???

Mark

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 14/04/06 11:30 AM

Filled out the reservation request for Bren and I, so we are good to go.
mark, you might edit your initial post with the trip detail links, and list those that commit to going. We need 8 min for the $37 rate.

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 20/04/06 03:58 PM

Anyone else?

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 20/04/06 04:32 PM

I am awaiting an answer from one of the SXFC members coming with to see if he really wants to do this.

Sorry for the delay. What is the count up to right now?

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 21/04/06 07:16 PM

Count me in. All I need to do is call 1-800-231-2769, tell them that I am with the Xterra Owners Club and register. Correct?

mountain lion

"The California Mountain Lion" (I am coming from Northern California)

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 22/04/06 06:20 AM

I am registered and hope to get Abiel to register too smile

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 23/04/06 12:16 PM

When I called, Nikki had me fill out the Online Reservatiion Form , and she emailed me all of the information (invoice, registration form, waiver) as .pdf files. I just had to call her with a credit card number.
In the comment section of the reservation form, I just put that we were part of Xterra Owners Group. [ThumbsUp]

Need a current head count, so post up how many in your party.
My wife and I, so "2"
Posted by: chupasierras

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 27/04/06 06:27 AM

Well, I filled the online Reservation Request, see yo there guys!!

[Wave]

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 27/04/06 12:20 PM

Current Participants: [drink]

2xplore: 2
Mark1107: 1
MountainLion 1
xterraintx: 1
Abriel: 1

Undecided/Unconfirmed confused

nissanclay
WolfmanX
RedX
Xtoolbox
Snoopy
Nosup4u

Only 24 more days to gone!
Posted by: Snoopy

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 27/04/06 04:39 PM

Brian (aka XToolbox) and myself talked about going with the group as well. We have kids in tow so we are working out details like sitters. We'd like to both be included as highly probable.
Posted by: DesertHB

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 28/04/06 07:35 AM

Just keep in mind that the advanced run on Wednesday is Moab Rim.

-Doug

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 28/04/06 08:36 PM

Doug, thats why I have no confirmed the rarting trip yet. I can't decide what I want to do. I think it will mostly come down to weather or not I have my rear bumper and sliders fabricated in time.
Posted by: NOSUP4U

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 04/05/06 09:09 AM

Doh, I guess I should read this board sometime.

Shannon and I would like to go. There is a 50/50 chance we won't bring Kaelyn. We should know in the next few days. If we don't, we are in for sure.

If we do bring her, and 3 1/2 year olds can go on this, we could probably only do the half day with her. But if the half day is a totally different trip then we probably would not go just because we'd rather go with you guys.

Anyway, count us in the possible list for now.

Mark

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 05/05/06 04:21 PM

You need 8 minimum?

Count my girlfriend and I in. I'll register in a bit.

Matt and Julie
Chicago, IL

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 08/05/06 09:27 AM

I am sorry for the delay in deciding this (my travel partner is most likely not going to be able to make the trip with me.....My father's wife's (my stepmother) mother is in the very end stages of Alzheimer's.....so it looks like he is going to stay home).

That being said....I will probably not be making the rafting trip. I greatly apologize if this generates any inconvenience for the planners of this particular daytrip.

Brad

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 08/05/06 11:10 AM

Current Participants: 10

MountainLion 1
Bask Oner: 2
nissanclay: 2

Undecided/Unconfirmed 5
WolfmanX
Xtoolbox
Snoopy
Nosup4u

Almost time for gone! eek

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 12/05/06 01:53 PM

i'm in plus a friend.

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 12/05/06 03:32 PM

That makes 10 of us confirmed on the board, and assuming all have made their reservations.. :p

Should be a fun time. Looking forward to the whole trip.

Current Participants: 10

MountainLion 1
Bask Oner: 2
nissanclay: 2

Undecided/Unconfirmed 5
WolfmanX
Xtoolbox
Snoopy
Nosup4u

Almost time for gone!

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 12/05/06 04:17 PM

Yeah, I called and made mine today. He told me to call them the night before to make sure everything is set. I also have no clue where in town their facility is located.

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 19/05/06 05:49 PM

Hopefully those that are going river rafting have made their reservations.
Do not forget:
Quote:
Please call 259-7515 in Moab the day before your departure to confirm your reservation and verify the meeting time and place. Your reservation will not be held if it is not confirmed within 24hrs of departure.
Look forward to meeting everyone, and having a great time. laugh
Posted by: Steel_City_X

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 20/05/06 08:18 PM

Hey guys,

I may want to see if I can add a couple people.

My son, Anthon-e, and I may want to go. We are in Moab tonight at the canyonlands campground in town. Hanging out on Sunday, then to the Brewery Sunday night.

Mark1107, we'll get together Sunday night.

Todd

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 20/05/06 11:24 PM

Todd,

I'm driving 12 hours tommorrow on 4 hours sleep. Sunday night may not work for me. I'll be at Moab brewery, but I cant say Ill be in any mood other than eat and drink.

Mark
Posted by: Steel_City_X

Re: Wednesday 5/24 Rafting Trip! - 23/05/06 08:48 PM

Rafting Participants...

I hope I got directions to people going. If not, try these....
Destination: 625 Riversands road/drive
Take really any of the road from Main Street, from Jax's north, West one block, gho north to the City Park, turn west at the north end of the park, follow 400 North past the hospital, on the right is Riversands, turn right/north and take that to the end, turn left/west into the lot. meeting between 7:30 and 8:00.

See you in the AM

Todd