high waters

Posted by: allenbomb

high waters - 31/12/09 01:35 PM

hey everyone! i have a 2006 2wd stock. it was raining a lot down in New Orleans and the streets flooded pretty bad. i was extremely surprised of how well my truck handled the high waters. basically i was wondering how high is too high?
Posted by: SyntaxError

Re: high waters - 27/08/10 09:14 AM

If you're floating, it was too high :-)
Posted by: Gonzo-2

Re: high waters - 27/08/10 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By: SyntaxError
If you're floating, it was too high :-)

Essentially, he's right. With a snorkel (which you don't have), you can go in DEEP water. All the snorkel does is take your cold air intake and move it up above the waterline. The only issues that most see in deep water is water getting in the alternator, diff's, etc. If they protect these things as well, they're good.

Without a snorkel, if you didn't drown it out, you're probably OK. Might want to check the oil in the diff's and spray the alty with silicone, but other than that, you should be good, as long as it wasn't floatin'!

-G
Posted by: ProjectPatt587

Re: high waters - 21/11/10 09:05 PM

Speaking of protecting Alternators in high water situation.... Does anyone have any hints or tips on ways to protect your alternator? Seeing as how Nissan thought it was a good idea to place it at the lowest point on the motor they could find.
Posted by: e207

Re: high waters - 22/11/10 07:27 AM

Project,..... Gonzo already answered your question about protecting the alt.