01 to 02-04 front?

Posted by: Grimm0ne

01 to 02-04 front? - 02/05/12 03:49 PM

ok, I did pickup my 01 yesterday just needs some tlc and my camera to be returned (never let family barrow high end SLRs...)

anywho...

my question is, can i grab a front end from an 02-04 and swap it? as i like the 02-04 bottom bumper with the round fogs and the headlights are growing on me. I know I know i should of got an 02+ but not for $33.50 and an RX8 lol...

from what i seen today when i passed it, hood, head lights, grill, bottom bumper, and fogs? and then if the hood is a must, a painted "JUST BLUE" one then.

I've done swaps already, 95 talon to 99 eclipse, auto to manual , manual to auto, Fwd to awd (it can be done, but it wasn't my car and not really worth the price in parts, but it wasn't my money lol) everything is pretty easy etc.

if its a dumb idea, i can understand.
Posted by: Gonzo-2

Re: 01 to 02-04 front? - 03/05/12 12:09 PM

This was asked before. IIRC, hood, grill, headlights, bumper, facia (the part under the bumper) and both fenders as well. Essentially, the ENTIRE front end from the doors forward.

Maybe I'm wrong. Memory is a such a fleeting thing anyway...

-G
Posted by: Grimm0ne

Re: 01 to 02-04 front? - 03/05/12 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Gonzo-2
This was asked before. IIRC, hood, grill, headlights, bumper, facia (the part under the bumper) and both fenders as well. Essentially, the ENTIRE front end from the doors forward.

Maybe I'm wrong. Memory is a such a fleeting thing anyway...

-G

yeah, the fenders will stay, but the hood yes. (i found a list, took some digging) but to find one with out the front end all torn up is another quest....

but its on my "to do list" but not at the top. I like to plan ahead. thanks for the input thou.