Xsnorkelling

Posted by: miket

Xsnorkelling - 23/02/01 01:45 PM

I've seen scant reference to snorkels available for the Xterra. I haven't looked to see where the intake is, but drove thru some water last weekend that brought it to the front of my mind.

Anyone have any info on snorkels for going thru deep water?

MikeT

------------------
2001 SE 4X4
Rain+Dirt does it for me.
Posted by: swampwrecker

Re: Xsnorkelling - 26/02/01 10:31 AM

As far as I know there aren't any Xterra specific snorkels on the market yet. ARB makes a snorkel for the Navaro (Australlian Frontier). That snorkel would probably work. Since there are so many issues concerned with waterproofing an Xterra the snorkel should be the least of your worries.

------------------
Michael Girardo
Member - MAXC | Moderator - XOC
www.avaloninternet.net/users/bythebay/xterra <---Redesigned
Posted by: Jackel

Re: Xsnorkelling - 02/03/01 03:05 PM

I would woory more about my Alternator then anything else.

------------------
Posted by: Xterrian

Re: Xsnorkelling - 24/03/01 11:54 PM

I'm expecting a free TJM snorkel any day now. I'm going to mount it for two reasons:
1)It's free
2)It will move my intake up away from the dust I expect to kick up when I get to the California desert.

The alternator is the number 1 problem with fording as far as I'm concerned. I will move mine if I find that I'm not going places I want to go because of it.

------------------
Posted by: Schludwiller

Re: Xsnorkelling - 25/03/01 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by swampwrecker:
As far as I know there aren't any Xterra specific snorkels on the market yet. ARB makes a snorkel for the Navaro (Australlian Frontier). That snorkel would probably work. Since there are so many issues concerned with waterproofing an Xterra the snorkel should be the least of your worries.

The Navaro fender is curved differently than the Xterra and the ARB snorkle will not fit without some modification.

------------------
Join the Xterra Offroad Webring

2000 Aztec Red 4x4 V-6 XE-3Pak
www.xterra4x4.com
Posted by: Jackel

Re: Xsnorkelling - 30/03/01 10:27 AM

go to this link and look at the one installed on this X http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000428.html

------------------
Posted by: miket

Re: Xsnorkelling - 01/04/01 04:00 AM

yeah, jackel, i saw that.

psycho!

thanks,
mikeT

------------------
2001 SE 4X4
Rain+Dirt!