Will AAL and torsion bar crank level truck?

Posted by: dacunn

Will AAL and torsion bar crank level truck? - 09/10/02 08:50 PM

I just want to lift my X a inch or so and wanted to do it with the Add a leaf and just cranking the torsion bars up front. I have already turned the bars 2&1/2 turns to get the truck level because I hate the stock nose down look. If I put the add a leafs in will the front end raise enough with just cranking the bars to level it out? Or will it sit nose down a bit? If so I'm going to skip the lift and leave it as-is. Thanks for the help.

Dave

2001 XE 4X4
Posted by: Ag_xterra

Re: Will AAL and torsion bar crank level truck? - 09/10/02 09:23 PM

you can get about 1.25"-1.5" (if topped out) out of a torsion lift, when you first do the AAL you'll probably get about 2" but it will quickly begin to sag (depending what AAL you go with) down to about 1.5". so you answer is yes you can level your truck and get about 1-1.5" of lift from torsion and AAL. if you dont want much lift in the rear i'd go with a single AAL like rancho or fabtech.
Posted by: dacunn

Re: Will AAL and torsion bar crank level truck? - 10/10/02 12:40 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll just go with the single then. Another thing I just thought to ask is, does the aal roughen the ride too much. I don't mind a little more firm but don't want to have to wear a kidney belt inside my truck.