Calmini Shocks

Posted by: Anonymous

Calmini Shocks - 02/02/05 09:41 AM

I was wondering if putting new shocks on my X would require a lift or can i jsut putthem and and leave it at that? I already got a set of Calmini shocks real cheap and in perfect condition. I read somewhere they were manufactured by Bilstein but sold as Calmini.
Posted by: bdjones72

Re: Calmini Shocks - 02/02/05 03:51 PM

As long as they are just OEM length and not extended length then they should be fine without any lift. I do not believe that the Calmini shocks are Bilsteins as they sell new for $36 and the Bilsteins are $75-85.

Re: Calmini Shocks - 02/02/05 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bdjones72:
As long as they are just OEM length and not extended length then they should be fine without any lift. I do not believe that the Calmini shocks are Bilsteins as they sell new for $36 and the Bilsteins are $75-85.
I agree that they aren't Bils (maybe Ranchos?), but the extended length part doesn't matter. Remember, even after a suspension lift the shocks will still have to compress just as much as stock.
Posted by: xterra3202

Re: Calmini Shocks - 02/02/05 05:53 PM

Calmini makes the shocks themsleves specifically for the 3 in lifted Xterra. Personally spend the money and buy a set of Bilsteins. Calmini makes great stuff but the shocks really really suck..

Tim

Re: Calmini Shocks - 04/02/05 05:17 PM

the whole reason i asked about the calmini shocks was because i got them from a friend for free because he totaled his X...i jsut wanted to know if i can put them on as they are?

Re: Calmini Shocks - 04/02/05 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cobain913:
i jsut wanted to know if i can put them on as they are?
Yep