3" SL and 3" BL

Posted by: Anonymous

3" SL and 3" BL - 05/11/04 11:58 AM

I've been searching for an hour with no real records or any pics of anyone that has both the Calmini 3" SL and BL. I'm possibly looking to add the 3" BL when I install my 3" suspension lift next week. Any pics or information about doing this? Any downside to doing the BL with the 3" SL?

Thanks!
Posted by: BoneCrusher

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 05/11/04 12:12 PM

first of all

MILLIONS of people have done the 3 and 3 form calmini. Look in the picture section when you search.

Another thing
Personally Id go with a 3 inch suspension and 2 inch body that way there is less relocating of things and its less of a hassle.

Check out TJ i know he has a 3sl and 2 bl.
Ill try to find more and post some links here

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 05/11/04 12:14 PM

The thread just below yours has tons of info. From reading that one, a 2" body lift is much easier than doing a 3", because with a 3" there are more things affected (need to be lengthened, moved, etc), where as with a 2" you can leave things like shifter, fuel fill hose, etc as they are. Sounds like 3" SL and 2" BL is the easiest.
Read the thread below this one.

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 05/11/04 12:17 PM

I just figured out how to copy and paste the link (I think)

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=73

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 05/11/04 12:18 PM

Nope, I did not. Crap.

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 05/11/04 12:19 PM

Let me try again.

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=73;t=000829
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 05/11/04 12:23 PM

ChocalX (doesn't post much) has both, pretty sure it's the 3" BL, plus the Revolver shackles, on his with 33x12.50 tires. Here's his online album:
http://communities.msn.com/CHOCALX/shoebox.msnw
Posted by: TJ

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 05/11/04 03:29 PM

For 33's - I found the 2" BL is all you need on compression...if I did a 3" BL...I'd just have wasted space over the tires, and a shit load of extra work to get it.

If I was doing 35's, I'd go for the 3" BL though, as the 2" extra tire diameter would go nicely into that previously wasted space.

I considered if I'd do 35's in the future, and decided that for me, on a daily driver...the change in gearing involved with 35's and the extra costs were just not worth it...

That and the NJ MVC Nazi's inspections....

wink

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 05/11/04 03:58 PM

Thanks for the info ... yeah I'd rather do a 2" body lift rather than 3" anyway. Who makes the best one?

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 06/11/04 08:56 AM

heres a muddy picture of mine w/ 3 and 3 w/ 33x12.50's

the gap in the front bumper is b/c its a winch bumper and if i use the reloc brackets that came w/ the body lift, i cant use my winch...gonna get something custom done there soon...as far as the diff in relocating, its no big deal w/ the diff of 1 inch. i didn't have to lengthen my fuel filler hose, the only "hard" thing someone may run into is the shifter lengthening...everything else was cake. have fun with whichever route you go, and be careful!
Posted by: TJ

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 06/11/04 09:33 AM

I think Performance Accessories is the only company making them for the X...but other places sell them as their own...

So - it doesn't seem to matter who you buy from, you get the same kit....so you could shop price.

smile

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 06/11/04 09:34 AM

Take off those running boards! Get some sliders!

Re: 3" SL and 3" BL - 06/11/04 12:47 PM

lol, i dont need sliders yet bro, i live on the beach almost. anywho...i'll just leave them on till i break them and then they can go into the trash, or turn into a potato gun or bottlerocket bazooka wink