Less than 3" Lift

Posted by: Anonymous

Less than 3" Lift - 04/10/03 08:24 AM

I've been searching the forum and have not seen any lift's less than 3", does someone make a 1.5 - 2" lift? I would like a little more room for the 31" tires. Thanks
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Less than 3" Lift - 04/10/03 08:54 AM

Considering that the 2002 models come with a 31x10.50-equivalent size tire stock with nothing more than redesigned flares and mudflaps, a 31" tire will fit an Xterra quite comfortably with no lift at all, I can't imagine why you would want to spend money to lift for them.
You can create a smaller lift by doing nothing more than cranking the torsion bars a little and installing some 1" rear shackles.
The lift kits out there do nothing more (up front) than allow you to crank the torsion bars more than modestly and correct the geometry to allow for extreme cranking. If you just crank modestly, you should not get to the point where corrective upper control arms are needed to maintain proper camber.

Brent
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Less than 3" Lift - 04/10/03 01:44 PM

I've already trimed the flaps, and it works fine, I just wanted a little more tire gap.

Thanks for the information, I figured thats all I needed to do in the rear, but on the front I wasn't sure if the T-Bar was the only adjustment.
Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

Re: Less than 3" Lift - 04/10/03 09:22 PM

crank the t-bars and get aals.