Articulation Question

Posted by: Jeffrey Robinson

Articulation Question - 19/01/02 02:39 PM

Here is a question I haven't found an answer to in my searches (maybe I'm looking under the wrong thing).

After removing the rear Sway Bar, how much articulation will the rear wheel have? Everything on the truck taht affects the rear wheel articulation is stock.
I'm asking because I need to figure out what size Jack I need to buy to get the rear wheels off the ground.

Thanks

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Jeffrey Robinson ]
Posted by: superjens

Re: Articulation Question - 19/01/02 04:58 PM

Where are you jacking it up from? You can always use the original jack under the spring hangar, works good for me and my sway bar is long gone.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Articulation Question - 19/01/02 06:34 PM

Exactly, you lift the rear from the bottom of the spring, so there's no suspension travel used. If you lift from the frame like the front end calls for (or hi-lift from the hitch or sliders), then you have to worry about extra droop (except that's what a hi-lift is all about).

Brent

Re: Articulation Question - 19/01/02 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Exactly, you lift the rear from the bottom of the spring, so there's no suspension travel used. If you lift from the frame like the front end calls for (or hi-lift from the hitch or sliders), then you have to worry about extra droop (except that's what a hi-lift is all about).

Yeah, I can do that. I may have times whee lifting from the sliders of frame will be a better option, depending on what I am doing or where I am doing it.

Also, it's just nice to know (because I know my friends here will be asking how much art. I have now, which has occurred already shocked )
Posted by: Kerensky97

Re: Articulation Question - 20/01/02 12:03 AM

Ian Measured his:
From xterrain.com

Re: Articulation Question - 20/01/02 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97/ NOXCAPE:
Ian Measured his:
From xterrain.com

Cool, thank you for the link.