Bilstein Shocks 5100 Series

Posted by: RedBrawnX

Bilstein Shocks 5100 Series - 08/04/12 11:03 AM

Anyone have any experience with these shocks? I'm going to be replacing the original shocks on my 05' S trim Xterra. They have 125k miles on them. Time to replace. I'd like to stay with Bilsteins - would you recommend these and are they good for the 4x4 ?
Posted by: TJ

Re: Bilstein Shocks 5100 Series - 08/04/12 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: RedBrawnX
Anyone have any experience with these shocks? I'm going to be replacing the original shocks on my 05' S trim Xterra. They have 125k miles on them. Time to replace. I'd like to stay with Bilsteins - would you recommend these and are they good for the 4x4 ?

Yes!

They are one of the best choices out there for the Xterra.

I would also recommend that you get the ones thar are sold for the 2.5" Lift kits...as they ALSO fit a bone stock Xterra as a direct swap. (They get short enough AND long enough, etc...so no mods required to use them)

laugh

Re: Bilstein Shocks 5100 Series - 08/04/12 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: TJ

Yes!

They are one of the best choices out there for the Xterra.

I would also recommend that you get the ones thar are sold for the 2.5" Lift kits...as they ALSO fit a bone stock Xterra as a direct swap. (They get short enough AND long enough, etc...so no mods required to use them)

laugh

Great! Does $432.00 + Free Shipping sound like a good deal? It comes with the 0" to 2.5" of adjustable front end lift.

It also shows it is for 2WD. Will this work for a 4WD?

If not then where is a good place to locate them?

Part #'s of what I came across are below...

(2) BE5-E653-H0 - 0-2" of lift in the front
(2) BE5-E654-H0 - 0-1" of lift in the rear

Thanks.

Re: Bilstein Shocks 5100 Series - 09/04/12 03:59 PM

I came across the 4WD set that I was looking for. Thanks.
Posted by: Shadow

Re: Bilstein Shocks 5100 Series - 19/09/12 07:59 PM

Just installed a set of Bilsteins on my 02' 1st gen, and there is no comparison of the ride.
Posted by: chewie

Re: Bilstein Shocks 5100 Series - 16/12/12 01:59 AM

hi there, im in the market for new shocks for my 03' frontier (the x got the x). the bilstens you mentioned above, do you happen to know if itd be the same for me? if so, do you have any more specific info on them? (the ones for the lift, even though im not lifted). thanks!
Posted by: TJ

Re: Bilstein Shocks 5100 Series - 16/12/12 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: chewie
hi there, im in the market for new shocks for my 03' frontier (the x got the x). the bilstens you mentioned above, do you happen to know if itd be the same for me? if so, do you have any more specific info on them? (the ones for the lift, even though im not lifted). thanks!

The above was for a 2005+ Xterra, the Fronty is the same, but NOT the 2003 Fronty you seem to have.

YOu would go to 4x4parts.com, and order the Bils for the 3" lift kit....they will fit a stock fronty too. (They may even list them as an option for the fronty with the 3" SL)

Essentially, the 2000 - 2004 Xterra's use the same shocks. The 2003 Fronty uses the same as they do.
Posted by: chewie

Re: Bilstein Shocks 5100 Series - 16/12/12 11:09 PM

awesome! thank you!