2012 lift

Posted by: Justin Turner

2012 lift - 27/06/12 09:59 AM

I am new to these forums and also to the Xterra world. I just purchased a 2012 PRO-4X and i would like to put a small suspension lift on it and run a larger tire. Can anyone tell me who makes a kit for the new models.
Posted by: Nissan_MasterTech

Re: 2012 lift - 27/06/12 05:13 PM

Be advied that any modifications to the suspension may void that area/aspect of your warranty and maybe more depending on the dealership.

Just the other day we had a guy with a 2010 Titan who did a serious suspension lift on it, the truck had 12k miles and it broke an upper control arm. He wanted it covered by warranty but due to his altering of the vehicle he had to pay.

Do what you want, I'm just giving you a heads up
Posted by: TJ

Re: 2012 lift - 28/06/12 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Justin Turner
I am new to these forums and also to the Xterra world. I just purchased a 2012 PRO-4X and i would like to put a small suspension lift on it and run a larger tire. Can anyone tell me who makes a kit for the new models.

PRG makes the kits most of the 2005+ X's are happy with.

http://www.prgproducts.com/

What sized tire did you have in mind?

Also - Note that a SUSPENSION LIFT is not a good way to gain tire clearance, in that it only raises your RIDE HEIGHT.

As you drive, the suspension cycles...and, when you corner, go over a bump, etc...or are on uneven terrain, etc...the tire rises up and hits what ever it WOULD HAVE HIT w/o the suspension lift.

IE: The added tire room goes where your lap goes when you stand up.

To gain tire clearance, modifying the fenders/wells and/or using a BODY LIFT is what works best.

A suspension lift has advantages off road...but, its not the best solution for TIRE CLEARANCE.