V2R "correspondent" needed...

Posted by: spalind

V2R "correspondent" needed... - 14/08/07 08:10 AM

As I will be at this race and not at home in front of my computer we are looking for someone(s) who has the ability to be at/near their computer/phone during the majority of the day on Friday 8/24 and perhaps into Saturday the 25th...

Basicly what we need is someone who can track both the XterraRacer vehicle online through the Iritrak site and let the team know where the race truck is at a given time (stopped? moving??) and what our competitors are up to as well...Additionally this person(s) will take info from the chase team(s) and post it in an interesting fashion on the TXR site so that fans can follow along and find out what is going on as they also watch the track of the vehicle from their computer....

This can be an important job as if the truck breaks down, chances are you at home will be the only one who knows where it is as with the elevation changes and rough course of the V2R race the racers will likely be out of radio range most of the time...

If this sounds like something you can do please let us know!! Thanks!!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: V2R "correspondent" needed... - 20/08/07 08:37 PM

BUMP... still searching out for a correspondent... anyone?

Re: V2R "correspondent" needed... - 22/08/07 12:41 PM

I'll be home all day Friday, and have nothing scheduled for Saturday. Does it matter if I have a dial up internet? It's often not as fast as our old cable internet, but seems fairly reliable. I'd be more than happy to contribute a day/ or two to help. [ThumbsUp]

Re: V2R "correspondent" needed... - 22/08/07 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XSpring:
I'll be home all day Friday, and have nothing scheduled for Saturday. Does it matter if I have a dial up internet? It's often not as fast as our old cable internet, but seems fairly reliable. I'd be more than happy to contribute a day/ or two to help. [ThumbsUp]
PM me and I will give you a call - it would be good to have an extra hand to confirm what is going on. As of right now I have a co-worker that is logged onto TXR (BOUWNT) that will be the primary guy. I would appreciate a back up in the event that he is not available. Iritrack will be the site to watch to see who is where.

Thanks!
Robert / Fastdrmr

Re: V2R "correspondent" needed... - 24/08/07 06:23 PM

I just got off the phone with Robert and the thread on TXR has been updated!

CLICK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: V2R "correspondent" needed... - 25/08/07 10:45 AM

The Xterra placed third, way to go boys! Quite a feat as the attrition in their class was 50%!!!

Re: V2R "correspondent" needed... - 25/08/07 11:45 AM

Whoo Hoo! Good Job Guys! (and Gals!) [ThumbsUp]

Re: V2R "correspondent" needed... - 27/08/07 11:05 AM

So is there a recap on this event some place? Why type of vehicles placed 1 and 2? The X team have any problems? How many started the race and how many actually finished?
Posted by: spalind

Re: V2R "correspondent" needed... - 27/08/07 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
So is there a recap on this event some place? Why type of vehicles placed 1 and 2? The X team have any problems? How many started the race and how many actually finished?
I will be writing up a proper recap shortly!!