Name your price, model and options on an 05

Posted by: buffalo

Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 09/02/05 01:51 PM

For those of us thinking about buying a 2005 xterra I would like to start a topic solely to list purchase price, model and options. Then we will have real numbers for those who are on the fence about buying or what others are paying for. I for one would like to know what deals and prices others are getting. laugh
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 09/02/05 02:07 PM

Night Armor, Dark gray, black or yellow Off-Road. Probably with Auto tranny.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 09/02/05 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by R C 8:
Night Armor, Dark gray, black or yellow Off-Road. Probably with Auto tranny.
Now don't forget to include what you paid for it and what options you got. smile
I'm guessing that we will see new owners popping up within the next week.
[ThumbsUp]

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/02/05 10:17 AM

bump, I know we have new members now that have made their 05 purchase.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/02/05 12:51 PM

I bought a Granite S Model, 4x4, Auto with Power Package, Body Side Molding, In Cabin Microfilter, Splash Guards, and Carpeted Floormats. Sticker was $25,530. I got it for $24k.

Should be getting it on Friday, maybe Saturday. smile
Posted by: fastdrmr

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/02/05 02:53 PM

Congratulations and thank you for showing us that you can get a decent Xterra with added features for under $30K! laugh

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/02/05 05:50 PM

Finally - I feel worthy of hanging out on this forum!

Bought a 2005 X Night Armor S, 4x4 Auto.
Power Package, Util package,
Side molding, cabin filter, Auto-dim mirror w/ compass, Carpeted floor mats, protection package, retractable cargo cover, splash gaurds.

Total MSRP 26,630
Paid $25,342

Hey - the rubber floor mats that are suppose to be part of the $160 protection package (there are 2 versions of PP dealer said, and the $160 version IS suppose to have them) were mysterioulsy missing...
Told them I expect them to turn up or they will have to come up with a set at no charge - done, no problem.

A note on this deal: I SUCK at dealing - I can do all the homework in the world, but when it comes time for the face to face dealing I'm just NOT good at it. Anyway, I'm a tech at a local IT company that just happened to land a big contract with this dealer (network upgrades, maybe a Cisco voip system, etc). The sales VP of my company has been working extensivly on this contract with with the VP of the dealer. I spoke with my company's sales guy, who was gonna pull strings with the dealer's VP to make sure I got a good deal. When I walked into the dealer tonight, I was told first thing that the price was already set for me at $500 over invoice (higher invoice though, NOT reduced by holdback). Tried to talk em down more to no avail.
Hey they're still making about $1000! Not sure if I really got an "inside deal", but I'm very happy with it and probably could NOT have done better left to my own resources.

This was the FIRST 05 X sold in New England (or so they said)! Unfortunately, I gotta wait till Friday or Monday to pick it up because they don't have the paperwork needed to get the title yet.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/02/05 06:39 PM

Oh yeah - some pics. It was dark and pooring buckets, so most didn't come out.
During the test drive thought I might actually see VDC or ABLS in action, but the roads weren't that bad as it just started wink

The more I think about it, it was really cool to walk in there and have them tell me the deal was already set at 500 over invoice.

OK I see the carpeted floor mats.
Where the hell are the rubber ones????

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/02/05 08:20 PM

FYI, never believe the invoice price when buying a car, dealers get rebates the same as we do on things.

The price the dealer really pays is less (ussually) then that on the invoice.

anyway.. nice ride.. i have yet to see one on the road...

I really like that color too

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/02/05 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seany44:
FYI, never believe the invoice price when buying a car, dealers get rebates the same as we do on things.
Yeah, i know. What a racket. Anyway, I'm happy with 1300 under MSRP considering the thing just came out.

The truck drives fantastic. It sucked getting back in our old Sebring for the ride home. A few people here commented it didn't seem to have as much umph off the line as they would expect given the bigger engine. I didn't find that the case. My only comparison is an 04 I test drove 2 months ago, but I came away from that VERY unhappy with engine power. Not the case with the 05 totally rocks, in my opinion!

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/02/05 10:39 PM

question for everyone. plannning on buying the 05 VERY soon. what price should all us buyers be looking for after we get our MSRP from nissanusa.com?

from what a couple of owners have posted so far, its been about $1200-$1500 under MSRP. is that a fair price to pay?

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/02/05 11:41 PM

It will be hard to get a good deal on such a new vehicle, with no factory incentives. But I've found that if you can get between 6 and 10% off of MSRP you're doing good. Don't fall for the Fair Market adjustment sticker they put on. Just my two cents.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/02/05 11:45 PM

BTW, beautiful ride. I'd like to get one but I'm going be underwater on my 04' so I'll just have to suffer for awhile.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 17/02/05 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by littleguy:
But I've found that if you can get between 6 and 10% off of MSRP you're doing good.
6-10% would be like $1500-$2500 off a $25,000 truck. Don't you think $2500 end of this might be pushing it a little this early? More towards the 6% end of this would be my 2 cents.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 17/02/05 04:35 AM

You might wanna take a calculator to verify sticker. I'm posting this a little prematurely, but it looks like the 4x4 S Auto's that have bottom line of 26630 (there are a bunch out there) don't add up right.

Bottom line on sticker was $100 higher that if you start from base price on sticker and add up the options and destination charge (exactly as listed on sticker).

Weird, but needs verification.... Would only take you a minute to verify when you're on the lot - I might not get back to this for a while, so just a heads up right now.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 17/02/05 06:11 AM

I dropped off my down payment check last night after work, and they told me they were still waiting on some paperwork as well, so I might have to wait until Monday too. I was hoping to drive it this weekend, but guess I'll just have to wait. There is a chance it'll come in on Saturday, so we'll see.

Nice truck jdr! smile Welcome to the 05 club! smile I was told that I got the first one here in Iowa too, so it'll be fun to be kinda unique on the road for awhile. smile As for the engine power, yeah, it's awesome. It's certainly a lot more smoother of the line then the 04 I drove last fall, and it doesn't take much time for it to get rolling.

Right now, I'm so glad I waited for the 05. I had a very good deal on the table with a different dealer back in Nov. but my gut told me it would be worth the wait, even if you paid a little more, and it was. Plus, this dealer was much easier to work with and had bent over backwards to get me in the X. On top of the nice sticker discount, they did me very well on the trade in too. Just can't wait to get my new X.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 17/02/05 08:20 AM

congrats on the purchase. thanks for the pics. i think i'm in love now .....

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 17/02/05 09:17 AM

Hey Kung Fu Jedi -
Here's something I'm in denial about. My dealer told me Monday too, however, Monday is a holiday (at least in MA). The dealer will be open of course, but mail delivery, the Registry, and the other playa's wont be. It might turn into Tuesday. Just thought I'd share my pain. Maybe we'll get lucky and the stuff will come in today/tomorrow.
Yeah right, I'm in denial AGAIN.

Nice rig, like the granite - looks like you got a good deal

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 17/02/05 09:44 AM

Yep, I thought about the whole "no mail" holiday too jdr. frown To say the least I'll be bummed, but to be honest, I really wanted it for the weekend, so if I cant have it by Saturday, I suppose Tuesday will be ok too. I'm just trying to be optimistic about the whole thing. smile Either way, I've had a big grin on my face the last few days! laugh
Posted by: slamson00

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 17/02/05 11:27 AM

Just to let every one know.....here in Sacramento, CA......I got quoted a price on a 2005 Xterra 4x4 Off Road with side curtain airbags at $26,473 (not including tax, license, etc)

Just wanted to post another line Norcal Dealers are starting from

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 17/02/05 11:37 AM

Thanks for the info, but what was the MSRP or sticker on that one in norcal?

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 17/02/05 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slamson00:
Just to let every one know.....here in Sacramento, CA......I got quoted a price on a 2005 Xterra 4x4 Off Road with side curtain airbags at $26,473 (not including tax, license, etc)

Just wanted to post another line Norcal Dealers are starting from
Thanx for the info I checked yesterday and spoke to a local fleet manager and he told me 400.00 over invoice if I was a AAA, Costco or SAms Club member, I belong to all 3. laugh I was planning on waiting about 4-6 months but if the deal is really good I will bite. Going to see what he gives me on my trade in tomorrow.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 17/02/05 01:50 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for a new '05 SE, 4x4. Trying to find one in Night Armor right away...

Buffalo - which dealer have you spoken to? I have called most of the dealers in L.A. and would love to get a deal like the $400 over invoice that you mentioned.

Thanks.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 18/02/05 08:48 AM

Been reading this forum for a while, now I feel worthy to post as I'm going to get my new X in a few hours. I have a wrecked 03 Frontier that I finally convinced the insurance comapny to total, and made out well over my expectations (ie. nice down payment). Thinking of a Red Brawn 4x4 S Auto, sticker says 26,250, but think I will be able to get them down to 25,000.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 18/02/05 10:18 AM

I am going out this weekend to poke around. I am in no hurry but if a dealer gives me about $1500 off I may just bite. Would love to have some new wheels and be able to sell my old 96' Ford Ranger.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 20/02/05 06:05 AM

We just purchased our '05 X last week. What a nice SUV! We looked at several other brands before making the decision. It really was a no brainer after driving the X. We had at first decided on a Toyota 4Runner. I was not impressed with the 4Runner. Seats were very uncomfortable IMO.
Our's is a 4X2 S model in Black. Total MSRP was $24,370. We paid $23,000 plus tax for the X.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 20/02/05 07:24 PM

hi, I'm planning to purchase a S 4x2 soon. The local dealers MSRP is $24370 with Power and Utility package. I was able to get the price down to $22751.75 with VPP program. Is it a good deal?

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 20/02/05 07:45 PM

Sounds good to me. Whats the VPP program? I know if I got that deal I would jump on it. I am going to deal with one of the dealerships this comming week. Will post when I get my deal.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 20/02/05 08:06 PM

Stopped by the dealer today to drop off some paperwork on my new X. I asked the sales guy if he sold anymore new X's - he said yes, he sold one at 500 OVER MSPR. Poor guy (buyer that is). Obviously not an XOC member.

Can't wait till tuesday to pick up mine - I wish tomorrow wasn't a holiday! (no mail or registry to get title/registration)

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 21/02/05 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtbcyclist:
Whats the VPP program?
VPP info

My wife's company is on the business associates list. cool :p

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 21/02/05 06:02 PM

Got me my 05 X tonight! Woo hoo!! Got a loaded S model 4x4 automatic cause I don't like the Fosgate system on the SE. Its decent but I can do better with my $900. Got the granite color too.

Sticker price was $26,550.00. Price I payed was $24700. Total out the door price (all taxes and BS included) was $25870.

I did it though email. I found the vehicle I wanted at the local dealer with all the options I wanted and emailed them an offer of $24700 and got an acceptance response in 20 minutes. I was shocked at how fast of a reply I got and the fact that I did not have to haggle one bit. Kind of wished I would have bid it even lower!

Sorry no pics but somebody out there has already posted pics of a Granite S model.
Posted by: NetJunkie

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 21/02/05 06:46 PM

Anyone found a site with invoice pricing yet? I'm ready to buy...but waiting on full info. Edmunds doesn't have it yet.

Just noticed you were in Raleigh. Which dealer did you go with?

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 21/02/05 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NetJunkie:
Anyone found a site with invoice pricing yet? I'm ready to buy...but waiting on full info. Edmunds doesn't have it yet.
Should be out any day now...
Check the thread called "2005 Pricing!!!" in this forum. Edmunds should have it in less than a week (i pasted in the e-mail i got from them). Consumer Reports will have it up by Friday in their New Car Pricing thingy. you gotta pay for that, as I stupidly did a few months ago before I realized other places had it for free. I'll post CR info if it comes out first. There's no fine print saying I can't!

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 22/02/05 04:46 AM

Purchased from Apex Nissan. Went to Durham Nissan and test drove an SE over the weekend. The Raleigh dealership is a HOLE, I test drove an 04 a few months ago there. Needs remodeled bad and have hear a lot bad things about them. When it came down to it I chose Apex because they had the exact vehicle I was looking for and the others did not. I would recomend the Apex dealership. They also did not try and sell me a bunch of extra warranties and other junk I don't need. Was a good experience.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 22/02/05 05:57 AM

Quote:
Noob to the rescue, I found the info on a local newspaper website, it looks accurate.

2005 Nissan Xterra 4dr Off Road 2WD V6 Auto (MSRP: $24,200.00)(Invoice: $22,634.00)
2005 Nissan Xterra 4dr Off Road 2WD V6 Manual (MSRP: $23,200.00)(Invoice: $21,698.00)
2005 Nissan Xterra 4dr Off Road 4WD V6 Auto (MSRP: $26,700.00)(Invoice: $24,972.00)
2005 Nissan Xterra 4dr Off Road 4WD V6 Manual (MSRP: $25,500.00)(Invoice: $23,850.00)
2005 Nissan Xterra 4dr S 2WD V6 Auto (MSRP: $21,600.00)(Invoice: $20,427.00)
2005 Nissan Xterra 4dr S 2WD V6 Manual (MSRP: $20,800.00)(Invoice: $19,671.00)
2005 Nissan Xterra 4dr S 4WD V6 Auto (MSRP: $23,700.00)(Invoice: $22,414.00)
2005 Nissan Xterra 4dr S 4WD V6 Manual (MSRP: $22,900.00)(Invoice: $21,658.00)
2005 Nissan Xterra 4dr SE 2WD V6 Auto (MSRP: $25,300.00)(Invoice: $23,663.00)
2005 Nissan Xterra 4dr SE 4WD V6 Auto (MSRP: $27,300.00)(Invoice: $25,534.00)

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 22/02/05 02:33 PM

I faxed 21 dealers today for pricing. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I'm looking for:

4x4
Night Armor
Automatic
Off-Road Package
Air Bag Package
Rockford Fosgate Package
Auto-dimming Mirror

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 23/02/05 08:17 AM

Edmunds said they'd have invoice pricing up tomorrow.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 12:12 PM

Quote:
I faxed 21 dealers today for pricing. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I'm looking for:

4x4
Night Armor
Automatic
Off-Road Package
Air Bag Package
Rockford Fosgate Package
Auto-dimming Mirror
i faxed 7 dealers today (i dont have a fax so i paid 75 cents per) lol

4X4 Night Armor SE
side moldings
in cabin microfilter

got a call from downtown LA nissan and they said there is no 4X4 night armor SE in the entire state of california. jus for those who are looking. might have to wait a month or so for more to come in the state. please dont touch mine wink [Argue]

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 12:50 PM

For anyone faxing out or otherwise trying to aquire Night Armor S or SE sight unseen...
A little heads up...

You might wanna check out the INTERIOR choices. IMHO, the the graphite looks great with NA, but NA with that Tan/Desert interior looks totally pants.

I forgot about that when specifying, but got lucky. I saw an NA SE with tan interior a few days ago and almost puked.

This does not apply to OR models, since they only come with the blue interior.

(for those of you who missed our little cultural digression a few weeks ago, "pants" is Brit slang for "shitty". Hopefully that's proper usage!

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboardguy:

got a call from downtown LA nissan and they said there is no 4X4 night armor SE in the entire state of california. jus for those who are looking. might have to wait a month or so for more to come in the state. please dont touch mine wink [Argue]
There were none in the southeast like I wanted. I specified yellow or NA. My only option now would be to wait or order. If I order one it's looking like 8 to 12 weeks. Since this is so late in the model year already I think I'm just going to wait. In 3 months when mine would be due we'll be discussing the '06 changes. If I ever find one on a lot I might go ahead and jump on it.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 01:23 PM

Snowboardguy:
There is Night Armor S, 4x4, Auto, BS Molding, In Cabin Filter, Power Package, and Utility Package [ThumbsUp] . In S.D. at Mossy Nissan, National City. Sticker is $26,080, But if you call I bet they have it marked down a few hundred. Tel. (619) 474-7011. It would be worth a shot to see if they still have it. Wait for a month or so for the SE to show up? Or go with the S now. I think I would do it now while the getting is good.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by double0X:
Snowboardguy:
There is Night Armor S, 4x4, Auto, BS Molding, In Cabin Filter, Power Package, and Utility Package [ThumbsUp] . In S.D. at Mossy Nissan, National City. Sticker is $26,080, But if you call I bet they have it marked down a few hundred. Tel. (619) 474-7011. It would be worth a shot to see if they still have it. Wait for a month or so for the SE to show up? Or go with the S now. I think I would do it now while the getting is good.
This is where I purchased my SuperBlack S 4x4. I paid for the sticker price and couldnt negotiate the price to get any lower frown . Over all my buying experience was very good there:), No BS what you see is what you get.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 03:27 PM

Of the 21 faxes I sent out I got 5 replies. I blame the fact there isn't one like I want on a lot anywhere for the low number of replies. The lowest initial offer was about $1500 under sticker. I'm sure I could get it down a bit further with taking that offer to others. So there is some room to play with.

From what I've seen there is interest in the new model but they aren't flying off the lots. I'd expect to be paying invoice for it.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 03:38 PM

double0X:
thanks for the info...but i have my heart set on a SE for a while. there is also a NA S 4X4 in Universal City Nissan. like you said waiting would be a b!tch so i might opt. for a super black SE. yes i know exterior color is very important and one of the first things people notice but id rather get SE in black. thank u for ur notice tho.

05_X:
i agree with you on the interior color that desert is horrible with NA (sorry is anyone has this combo). forgot to mention that in my post, but i did want the steel/graphite interior.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 05:42 PM

i got an offer from a dealer around me that he'd be willing to sell me a 4x4 SE $500 over invoice, if that invoice pricing is correct that would be around $26,000. Id say thats an awesome price for a 4x4 SE

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 07:04 PM

I'm planning to buy a S 4x2 with power, utility, and side curtain airbag package tomorrow. MSRP is $25170 with VPP it will come down to $23300.

Is there still room to negotiate the price?

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 09:23 PM

I think the VPP is the absolute lowest that a dealer/manufacture can sell a vehicle. You should consider yourself lucky to have the VPP option. Enjoy it and don't rub it in people's faces... since it is for priveledged people!!!

Go for it...

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/02/05 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by keg:
i got an offer from a dealer around me that he'd be willing to sell me a 4x4 SE $500 over invoice, if that invoice pricing is correct that would be around $26,000. Id say thats an awesome price for a 4x4 SE
FYI: the invoice listed on this thread does not include the destination fee of $580. add that to wat u have and that should be your price.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 06:18 AM

Now that full invoice pricing is out I can check the offers I got. The best initial offer I got was $200 over invoice (including destination) + $299 doc fee.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 07:07 AM

Said it before, sorry if I'm being repetive, but it might save someone some $$$

Keep in mind Edmunds doesn't report the hold-back. Take 1.85 % of base MSRP and you'll be within a few bucks. Reduce Edmunds invoice by this amount to get truer dealer cost. CR reports hold back, there are some free services that do too I think. I'll post CR's reported hold back when they list it. Was suppose to be up today...

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 08:00 AM

Yeah you need to consider the 2-3% holdback when purchasing the car. From what I've read, you should offer: Dealer cost (not necessarily invoice) + 5%.

I've found this site to be very helpful:
Car Buying Tips

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
I think the VPP is the absolute lowest that a dealer/manufacture can sell a vehicle. You should consider yourself lucky to have the VPP option. Enjoy it and don't rub it in people's faces... since it is for priveledged people!!!

Go for it...
For those who don't know, there are different levels of VPP pricing:

Quote:
The Offer

Through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), NNA and affiliate employees pay a pre-negotiated price for a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus a destination and handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee. NNA would pay the dealer the entire delivery fee equivalent to 5 percent of the dealer net price.

For employees of NNA and Affiliate-companies and their immediate family members, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

Dealer invoice
Minus VPP discount (Nissan 4.3% : Infiniti 3.58%)
Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, etc.
Plus destination and handling charge
Plus marketing assessment as applicable
Minus applicable incentives
Equals participant’s purchase price

For NNA and affiliate employee sponsored friends and extended family members, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

Dealer invoice
Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
Equals paticipant's purchase price
If you know someone who is a NNA employee, they can sponsor a friend to get the 2.87% under invoice discount. At least that's what I understand it to be. wink

Also, there is:

Quote:
Through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), Business Associates pay a pre-negotiated price for a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus delivery fee, plus a destination and handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee.

For Business Associates, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

Dealer invoice
Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
Equals paticipant's purchase price
Go here and check the .pdf file to see if your employer is on the list. smile

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 04:46 PM

I got my Xterra today!!! I love it! I decided to go with the 2 wheel drive, since I live in Fl.

05 Xterra Offroad 2x4 Automatic
Midnight Armor
Rockford Fosgate Stereo
Splash Guard
Floor Mats
Microfilter
Auto dimming mirror

Sticker: 26,140.00
I paid: 24,882.00

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keyless:
I'm planning to buy a S 4x2 with power, utility, and side curtain airbag package tomorrow. MSRP is $25170 with VPP it will come down to $23300.

Is there still room to negotiate the price?
Isn't that like 7.4% off (-$1870) the MSRP? According to Nisfan the discount would only be about 4.3% or -$1082. How did you get the other $800 off?

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 07:12 PM

2005 - 4x4 S model Super Black, power package, protection package, in cabin microfilter, retractable cargo cover, body side moldings, carpeted floor mats, auto dimming rearview mirror/compass, splash guards. MSRP = $25,980, I got it for $24,500. Will be getting tubular side steps at cost from the dealership.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboardguy:
double0X:
thanks for the info...but i have my heart set on a SE for a while. there is also a NA S 4X4 in Universal City Nissan. like you said waiting would be a b!tch so i might opt. for a super black SE. yes i know exterior color is very important and one of the first things people notice but id rather get SE in black. thank u for ur notice tho.

05_X:
i agree with you on the interior color that desert is horrible with NA (sorry is anyone has this combo). forgot to mention that in my post, but i did want the steel/graphite interior.
Went to a local dealer and talked to the fleet manager and was quoted 27,415.00 for a Night armor offroad 4x4 automatic with splash guards, micro filter, tow package, auto dimming mirror and rockford fosgate system. He checked the system and nothing coming my way at the moment, but I have the option of ordering it if I want for the same price. If anybody in the LA area needs a good no BS dealer feel free to e mail and I will pass his info on to you. He added that the lowest possible price on all models is 400 over invoice. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 08:24 PM

Just got my S 4x2 night armor today from dealer. MSRP was $25170 and I got it for $23176 plus tax.

I think I could have get it down even further but I was just too excited after test driving the car.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 08:35 PM

Should I buy the extended warranty 75K/5yrs for $1000?

Any suggestions?
Posted by: Xorand

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keyless:
Should I buy the extended warranty 75K/5yrs for $1000?

Any suggestions?
Depends on how much of a risk-taker you are, or how handy you might have a couple thousand laying around should something major happen after the factory warranty.

In this case, you aren't gaining a whole lot, since the drivetrain warranty runs for 60K/5yrs. On the other hand, some items not covered in the drivetrain warranty can get expensive pretty quick. Air Conditioning, for example.

One other thing to consider - the '05 Xterra is fairly much new from the ground up, so there's not much previous experience to base the reliability on.

What you might do is hold off and apply for 3rd party warranty coverage towards the end of your 3yr/36k warranty period.

With that all said, we went ahead and purchased Nissan's Gold Plus 5yr/100k warranty with no deductible on my wife's '04 truck. That added about $1800 to the price, which was discounted over $4000 off of sticker, so even with taxes, etc., we only financed about $22k.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/02/05 10:14 PM

got quoted 27,000 for a 4x4 SE, with microfilter, protection package. thinkin bout getting it.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 27/02/05 05:10 AM

Keyless,

Did you get a NNA or Business associate discount with your VPP?

I work for an automotive supplier that supplies to Nissan.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 27/02/05 11:49 AM

Greetings all.

Bought my 2005 4x4 Off-Road last weekend. Sticker was $27,900 (actually it was like $28,800 due to some bogus pin-striping and "readiness" fees which I had them remove). No major frills beyond Off-Road stuff, auto-dimming mirror and compass, cabin filter, rubber mats. Bought her for $100 over invoice; $26,111 I think it was.

This is my first Nissan and I'm liking her so far.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 28/02/05 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 03Xterraman:
Isn't that like 7.4% off (-$1870) the MSRP? According to Nisfan the discount would only be about 4.3% or -$1082. How did you get the other $800 off?
The 4.3% or 2.87% discount is off the invoice price, not the MSRP listed on the sticker. smile

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 03/03/05 09:04 PM

My deal was the business associates discount ~2.78% off invoice.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 04/03/05 10:01 AM

keyless

If you are using the invoice price to figure your discount instead of the MSRP, wouldn't that lower the amount you get to take off? 2.87% off a $25000 Xterra would be around $700 off. The deal you got was for about $2000 off. What am I not calculating right? [Freak]

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 04/03/05 12:38 PM

Here's what I'm getting:

2005 Nissan Xterra SE
Total Configured MSRP† $28,390.00

Model: SE

Exterior: Canteen

Interior: Desert/Graphite

Standard Features

• 17" 4-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels

• 265-hp 4.0-liter V6 engine

• Step rails

5-Speed Automatic

Drivetrain

4x4

Packages and Options

Body Side Moldings

$100

In-Cabin Microfilter

$50

Accessories

Protection Package

$160
Splash Guards (I'm not 100% sure on these)

$100

Base MSRP $27,300.00
Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $510.00
Destination & Handling $580.00

Total Configured MSRP† $28,390.00

There were no canteen SE's in town, so the dealer wanted me to pay for him to go get one. I told him I would pay invoice if he paid to go get it. Supposedly, they're getting it for me this weekend for $26,644. This is supposedly invoice.

I was in a hurry when I made my deal, so I don't know if they snuck anything else in there. I'll know when I go sign papers, I guess.

I can't wait to get it!

I keep you guys posted!

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 05/03/05 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 03Xterraman:
keyless

If you are using the invoice price to figure your discount instead of the MSRP, wouldn't that lower the amount you get to take off? 2.87% off a $25000 Xterra would be around $700 off. The deal you got was for about $2000 off. What am I not calculating right? [Freak]
I don't remember the exact detail of the VPP offer but you can find out in the previous posts. My deal was start at invoice price - 2.87% + options + ~2.5% + delivery. So you bascially get only a couple of hundred bucks under invoice. Also I negotiated anadditional ~$130 off.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 10/03/05 02:19 PM

Just got my 05 xterra.
4X4 Offroad, 6-spd manual, Red Brawn
Protection package
Tow package
Mirror
Splashguards
In Cabin Microfilter
I paid 26700, MSRP was 27280. Very hard to find a better price in connecticut. I got 6500 for my trade in that was worth 5000 trade in according to KKB, so not that bad a of deal. I'm loving the truck and the xterraowners club as well.

-B

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 13/03/05 08:35 PM

just bought it!!!!
Super Black SE 4X4 with:
In-Cabin Microfilter
Body Side Moldings
Nevada Tow Package
Carpeted Floor Mats
Splash Guards
Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass
*free wheel locks

msrp: $28870 invoice: $26868
paid $26652.84

im a happy camper laugh
Posted by: PPines-X

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 29/03/05 12:32 AM

Bought it earlier this evening.
05 Offroad 4x4 6 speed.
Standard stuff on the offroad
Tow Hitch
$25,999.00

Got 12,500 for an 02 SE 4x4 with 55k miles. Was that a decent offer? Didnt want to hassle with selling it and had a preapproval with Nissan Financing by 3/31.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 29/03/05 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PPines-X:
Bought it earlier this evening.
05 Offroad 4x4 6 speed.
Standard stuff on the offroad
Tow Hitch
$25,999.00

Got 12,500 for an 02 SE 4x4 with 55k miles. Was that a decent offer? Didnt want to hassle with selling it and had a preapproval with Nissan Financing by 3/31.
I think you got a great deal on the new X... in fact better than VPP prices. However, they were able to recover going into the hole with your new X by not giving you a good trade-in. I AM NOT KNOCKING YOU, but advising everyone here that the price you got can not be had if you were only buying a new X and not trading in the 02 for 12k. Buying with a trade is complicated.

Congratulations and welcome!!!
Posted by: PPines-X

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 29/03/05 09:44 PM

I figured I did get less for the trade. But my problem was it is rare to find a 4x4 down here in South Florida, yet alone an Offroad 4x4.

There were a few S 4x4, and 3 Offroad 4x4 AT, 2 of which had a RF system and wanted 28,300. Checked or emailed all the dealers down here and basically told them I wanted one by the 31st. Between the end of the month and the Nissan drive to a million, figured I could get a good deal, plus preapproved from Nissan Finance.

So test drove the 6 speed, and the rest is history.

If any S Florida guys wants those dealers for the Offroad 4x4 AT in Black or Night Armor, I can tell you which dealers had them.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 29/03/05 10:20 PM

Picked it up last week.

silver 4x4 Off Road AT
In-Cabin Microfilter
Body Side Moldings
Nevada Tow Package
Carpeted Floor Mats
Splash Guards(already took them off)
Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass

Paid 27000.00
MSRP was 28200.00

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 11/04/05 02:38 PM

First post. Hello all.

Just bought:
2005 4x2 SE / Night Armor
-Carpeted mats
-Splash Guards
-Cargo cover
-Side mouldings
-Auto dim mirror w/ compass
-Auto trans
-In cabin filter
-Front side windows tinted
--MSRP with tint and some unsightly WHITE tape pinstripes was $26,919ish.
--Paid $24,800 on the VPP program with a pile of white tape on the floor....

Pretty easy deal on the VPP program. Plus I bought it through my credit union so I didn't even have to talk to the dealership.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 11/04/05 07:07 PM

Bought my S model 4x2 with power package and carpeted floor mats only (no other options) for $22,485....faxed 14 fleet managers and pitted them against each other via E-mail smile No haggling...just surfed the net and listened to music while they fought over my purchase smile Cheers!

Invoice: $21,835
My price before tax, etc. : $21,399

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 12/04/05 09:41 AM

Now I am officially part of the club. I waited a month for them to get it in:

2005 SE - Canteen color
- Desert/Graphite Cloth
- 4x4
- 5 speed auto
- Tubular step rails
- Fog lights
- Side and curtain air bags
- Micro filter
- Body side mouldings
- Carpeted floor mats
- Wheel locks *free
- Splash guard
- Rockford sound system
- One big F windshield rock chip 100km into my ride home

Dealer invoice: $34,920CDN = about $28,600US
MSRP: $37,500CDN = about $30,737US

My Cost: $36,120CDN = about $29,600US

Here in Canada you the SE is loaded, no options at all. It would have been nice to have the dimming mirror and compass but that is not an option on the canadian models.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 15/04/05 06:41 PM

Bought my xterra today here is what it cost me:
05 xterra
night armor
auto tranny
4x4
power package
utility package
splash guards
body side molding
retractable cargo cover
protection package
floor mats (besides the set that comes with pp)
in-cabin microfilter
------------------------
sticker price=26,320.00
price paid=25,200.00
Security plus warranty=1885.00 (thinking about canceling) any thoughts?
trade in=4000.00
------------------------
grand total out the door with tax and crap=
So did i get ripped off?

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 15/04/05 09:14 PM

2005 SE - Canteen color
- Desert/Graphite Cloth
- 4x4
- 5 speed auto
- Tubular step rails
- Fog lights
- Carpeted floor mats
- Splash guard
- Rockford sound system

Sticker price = 28,180
My Cost: $26,025

They bought my old beater Explorer for low blue book at 4k and I kicked in another 3K. The tax and license (in CA) was about 10% of the cost.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 15/04/05 11:21 PM

2005 OR 4X4 Red Brawn
-RF stereo
-retractable cargo cover thing (they are making me get this for the May production run)
-Carpeted floor mats (they are also making me get this)
-air filter
-auto dimming mirror
-splash guards
-tow package

MSRP $29,150
Invoice $27,075 (what I am paying) laugh

This is the first time buying a new car and armed with the info from this board when I approached the dealer I think I did pretty good. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 16/04/05 10:04 PM

Anyone buy the gold preferred/security plus warranty?
Thinking about canceling mine paid 1880.00

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 18/04/05 09:18 AM

2005 SE 4x4 In Milwaukee Purchased on Sat.

Towing package, Micro filter, body panel, floor mats, RF Stereo.

Paid $450.00 below invoice.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/04/05 12:00 PM

I got a 4X2 S in Night Armor, with the Desert/Graphite interior
6-Speed
Power Pack
Utility Pack
Step Boards
Body Molding
Tow Package
Rear Gear Cover?
Gold warranty, 0$ deductibule, and 7% sales tax for 28,595. I went in to the dealer who had the color I wanted, and a manual tranny(Only one in the Metro Atlanta area). I found them on the Nissan web site.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/04/05 12:27 PM

4x4 S Granite
Power Pkg.
Prot. Pkg.
Mats
hood deflector
tow pkg.
aut-dim mirror
splash guards
body side molding
retr. cargo cover
microfilter
$25,125 out the door
smile

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 24/04/05 12:39 PM

4x4 OR Night Armor
Automatic
Nevada Tow
Protection Package
RF Package
Siruis Radio
Auto-Dim Mirror
Microfilter
Step Rails
Retractable Cargo Cover
Carpeted Floor Mats
Splash Gaurds
$28,500

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/04/05 08:23 PM

Just drove home with a 4x2 S Night Armor,

Power Package
Utility Package
Side mouldings
Splash guards
Microfilter
Floor mats

$24080 Sticker,
Paid $22693. laugh

For anyone in the Phoenix, AZ area, Brown and Brown Nissan in Mesa RAWKS!!!

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 25/04/05 08:37 PM

Took delivery on 4/16/05

'05 SE 4x4
Granite, Steel/Graphite Interior
Protection Package
Sliding Cargo Organizer
Side Moldings
Carpeted Floormats
Microfilter
Tow Package
Splash Guards

MSRP: $29,070.00
Purchase Price: 27,744.50
Out the Door with tax, title, plates: 29,898.00

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 26/04/05 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SJD:
2005 SE - Canteen color
- Desert/Graphite Cloth
- 4x4
- 5 speed auto
- Tubular step rails
- Fog lights
- Carpeted floor mats
- Splash guard
- Rockford sound system

Sticker price = 28,180
My Cost: $26,025

They bought my old beater Explorer for low blue book at 4k and I kicked in another 3K. The tax and license (in CA) was about 10% of the cost.
HEy SJD, Mind if I ask what delaer and who the contact person was, feel free to PM me if your prefer. Thanks. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 29/04/05 07:44 PM

2005 XTERRA OR 4x4

Splash Guards
Cargo Cover
Protection Pkg
Floor Mats
Micro Filter
Auto dimming RVM
Nevada Tow

MSRP..................................$28,410
Negotiated Sales Price................$26,200

FYI. Dealers are have about $750 in hold back on these vehicles, so you can buy them at or below invoice which is readily available at edmunds.com
I traded a 2004 Explorer XLT that they over allowed me on so in reality the purchase price was @ $300 under Invoice.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 30/04/05 11:26 PM

"HEy SJD, Mind if I ask what delaer and who the contact person was, feel free to PM me if your prefer. Thanks. "

Buffalo -

I bought my SE at Santa Maria Nissan. I have the salesmans business card, but not in front of me at the moment. If you want more details or the guys name, feel free to email me.

FWIW, I used a buying technique I read about on the board; which was to query each fleet dealer for a bid. When I got to Santa Maria Nissan they had a firm quote on the phone which was $300 dollars above invoice. I don't live near any Nissan dealerships so shopping for the X would have been a hassle otherwise.

Shawn
shawn@theradioroom.org

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 02/05/05 11:58 AM

Just bought one in Canada
Knight Armour Off Road 4x4
paid 2.9% over dealer cost
so 35,400 plus the huge amounts off tax here in canada, not sure what that works out to in US dollers but trucks cost less there anyway, also there are no options on the X in canada but auto or manual and I picked auto
Posted by: Blue Kangaroo

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 03/05/05 10:32 AM

Granite OR 4x4 6-speed M/T
-Side Airbags
-Rockford Fosgate Audio Package
-Carpeted Floor Mats
-Splash Guards

Sticker Price: $27,838
Sales Price: $26,050

The first dealer wouldn't sell for less than $28,000 as they added all kinds of useless things on top of the sticker. Went to another dealer, bought literally the same Xterra through them off of the other dealer's lot. Needless to say, the first dealer wasn't too happy... hehe

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 03/05/05 11:01 PM

Hi guys NEWBIE here just got the new 05 x for my wife.It is Avalanche white with Steel/Graphite cloth.It is the S Model auto trans with the step rails and a hood protector they threw in and installed and of course all the other basics.Sticker price 24,139.00 + CA. Tax and License I paid 22,500.00 out the door cash.I purchased it at Douglas Nissan Of Orange there pretty good at dealing with you not like other dealers i went to that wouldnt budge.The only bad thing was the wait it took them 4 hours to find the X 05 my wife wanted since they didnt have the white in stock they some how got it from another dealer and brought it in on a flat bed truck when i drove out it only had 7 miles. Over all everything was great and my wife loves it she says it has balls. I dont drive it much since i purchased it for her and dont want to fall in love with it and take it away, it sure is nice and seems way bigger then the old ones. I find everyone looking at us while driveing thats never happen to me on a stock car it usually takes a few grand of extras to get atention.Anyhow dont know if i got a good deal seemed good enough for me since all other less powerful suvs in its class cost way more.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 27/05/05 10:32 AM

Hi guys, I just bought my 05 night armor offroad xterra and I'm loving it. Mine had all options except the rockford fosgate system and satelite radio. I paid $25,400 drive out. I was driving a 00 toyota celica so this is a big difference for me. So I'm very happy with the purchase.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 28/05/05 06:42 PM

This forum has been extremly helpfull and I just purchased a 2005 X OR 6sp Pewter color. I pick it up on Monday night. Sticker was $37,843 CDN and I picked it up for $34,650 incl Freight/PDI in North Vancouver. I can't wait to pick it up.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 30/05/05 09:18 AM

05 Off-Road, 4X4, Night Armour
Options: everything!!!!!!!! Because the dealer screwed up the order.
Price paid, including tag, taxes fees, etc:
$26,340

Do your homework, don't let those guys screw you over!

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 30/05/05 06:59 PM

Stoked!!
Bought a red braun 2005 X
auto, 4wd
Pwr. Pkg
Utility Pkg
microfilter
autodimming mirror
2 sets of mats
$24,500 out the door
that's tax, tags, title, all that good stuff
How'd I do?

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 01/06/05 11:43 AM

On April 19 I bought my first SUV. I confess... I've been reading this forum since Jan. Very informative and sometimes...MAD FUNNY!

Off-Road 4X4 6M
Rockford Fosgate
Sirius Sat Radio (3 months free service)
Splash Guards
Retractable Cargo Cover
Protection Package
Floor Mats
In-Cabin Microfilter
Auto Dimming Mirror w/Compass
Nevada Tow Package
Emergency Road Kit

Sticker Price: $28,510
Paid: $26,600 (before tax,reg,etc.)

PS: 7 days later, rear ended on highhway by 18 yr old cutie who claimed she only had 1 drink. Alcohol level .09 Truck is fine..minor damage.

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 01/06/05 10:25 PM

2005 xterra Off Road. auto tranny 4x4 xm radio. RF radio, splash guards (removed) night armour,
got it for $27,200 sticker was $28,800. and it was a locate. not too bad

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 02/06/05 05:22 PM

2005 Xterra S 4x4 Night Armor Automatic
Power Package
Utility Package
Splash Guards
Body Side Molding
Floor Mats
In-Cabin Microfilter

MSRP: $26080
Price Paid: $24037 (VPP Price)

Made them throw in as part of the deal:
Free Oil Changes for life
Free Xterra Rubber Floor Mats Front and Back

This is my first X and first SUV. I love it!

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 02/06/05 06:00 PM

2005 4x4 SE Solar Yellow

Rockford Fosgate audio
Sirius Satellite Radio
Splash Guards
Body Side Moldings
Retractable Cargo Cover
Protection Package
Rubber Floor Mats
Microfilter
Autodimming mirror w/ compass

Bought in New Jersey....
MSRP 29,080.00
Paid 26,875.00

Reading the forum for a little while......Just joined. Love the truck....

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 02/06/05 08:43 PM

Manuel trans, Power and Utility package, side moldings, in cabin filter, tow package, auto dimming rear view mirror, protection package, splash guards, carpet floor mats and cargo cover for $24,600

Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05 - 02/06/05 11:23 PM

2005 SE 4x4, Night Armor, Automatic

Rockford Fosgate stereo
Body side moldings
Splash guards
Tow package
Auto-dimming mirror with compass
Microfilter
Carpeted floor mats

$28,870

And I had the dealer throw in the Hatch Tent for free as part of the deal to get me to drive the X off the lot that day. laugh What was funny was that neither the dealer OR the manager didn't even know what the Hatch Tent was, and that it's an accessory that we could purchase for the Xterra. They were like, "Tent? What tent?" I had to point it out to them in the brochure. :rolleyes: Apparently, I was the first customer at that dealership to ever bring up the tent when purchasing an X. Now I just need to go camping one of these days to use it...