Roof Rack Sticker....

Posted by: Anonymous

Roof Rack Sticker.... - 19/05/05 08:19 PM

My freak'in roof rack xterra sticker fell off after a rainy day. Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Roof Rack Sticker.... - 19/05/05 10:38 PM

The one on the Front that says Nissan or the one on the side of the bars that say xterra?

Re: Roof Rack Sticker.... - 20/05/05 08:53 AM

Been rained on many, many times and haven't had that issue. Maybe your X is more of the indoor type. smile

Re: Roof Rack Sticker.... - 20/05/05 08:56 AM

Same thing happened to mine, though I don't remember if it was after a rainfall. Mine fell off about a month after I bought it. I went to the dealer to order a new one and they told me it has been on backorder ever since.

Re: Roof Rack Sticker.... - 20/05/05 08:57 AM

Been rained on many, many times and haven't had that issue.

Re: Roof Rack Sticker.... - 20/05/05 10:56 AM

The one's that fell off were the "xterra" side bar stickers. The way they fell off reminded me of those old model airplane stickers, when you touched it, they slid off. To tell the turth after looking at it today i kinda like it better without them.
Posted by: Jeff&Gloria

Re: Roof Rack Sticker.... - 20/05/05 12:43 PM

They fall off in the dry, desert southwest also. Our club's first '05 owner has had his for appx. 2 months & the "X" is peeling off. confused The rough finish of the rack coupled with the type of sticker Nissan choose is the culprit. Use the sticker to get a template made & have someone paint it on the rack. U could get fancy & paint it in the same color as your X. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Roof Rack Sticker.... - 23/05/05 04:26 PM

Why don't you guys get the one from the 1st genereation. They have them for like $7 on the xterraparts.com..Personally I like those a lot better and will probably peal the one on mine myself and either keep it off, or replace it with the other one. At least the old ones were not foil.

Re: Roof Rack Sticker.... - 23/05/05 05:00 PM

Dude.. mine fell off too! I ordered the 2004 decals and put them on. It actually looks pretty cool. I will post a picture of it so you can check it out.