Thanks for the suggestions: driving thru snow.

Posted by: yellowX

Thanks for the suggestions: driving thru snow. - 17/12/01 11:25 PM

To all XOC members,

Thanks for your advice, tips, and experience. I will shortly be leaving on my Christmas vacation to see my folks in a few days. After New Year's, I plan on going to to Colorado to visit a college buddy of mine for a week or two before coming back home to Austin, TX.

When I got my Xterra, I had no idea I would be doing any type of interstate traveling in the future. I thought I would be doing most of my excursions just around here and the Gulf Coast. Getting a 4x4 was not on my mind back then since I had no intention of doing anything extreme.

Well, after Sept. 11th, when I lost my job the following week, free time just happens to be there now. That's why I am driving home this time. I am in no hurry to get back to Austin. No job offers or anything! Reality really hit me when I was turned down for a car loan on a new 4x4 Xterra when I told them I no longer have a job.

Anyway, your tips were very helpful and will help me get prepared for my long trip getaway. I will let you know how it all went in a few weeks.

Have a Merry "Xterra" Christmas and a Happy New Year.

yellowX,
suffering in the snow in a 2WD, but will bring a ton of CDs to kill the time anyway!
wink
Posted by: Jeffrey Robinson

Re: Thanks for the suggestions: driving thru snow. - 18/12/01 03:19 PM

Have a great trip, a merry "X"-mas and a happy New Years...and enjoy the snow and music smile

I hope you have a safe trip, and that you return to many job oportunites.
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: Thanks for the suggestions: driving thru snow. - 19/12/01 02:12 AM

Amen to that dude.. Good luck!
Posted by: Hawkeye

Re: Thanks for the suggestions: driving thru snow. - 21/12/01 07:45 PM

Hey Yellow X where in CO will you be traveling to and when. I'm always looking for an excuse to get out and have a little xterra fun. let me know.