Photo of Tbar crank

Posted by: Anonymous

Photo of Tbar crank - 04/01/05 01:26 PM

Does anyone happen to have a photo of where the bolts to crank the T-Bars are..? Im a Turbo guy and these SUVs are new to me..lol. If you tell me its directly behind the right rear whos-its-what, next to the center cap cluster thing-a-majig I seem to get lost...a Picture is worth a thousand words!!! Thanks!

-John

Re: Photo of Tbar crank - 04/01/05 01:47 PM

Torsion Bar Adjustment

Re: Photo of Tbar crank - 04/01/05 02:10 PM

Having read and (I belive) understood this, if the bolts are not frozen, shouldn't it take about 15 minutes to do?

Am I missing something, or should this be cake?

Re: Photo of Tbar crank - 04/01/05 02:16 PM

It should take about that long per side using jacks & stands. Always releive the pressure before adjusting the bolts, makes it ALOT easier.

Most people forget that there are 2 nuts on top of the bolt and you need 2 wrenches to make it work closed end wrenches are your freind here. Put one on the bottom nut and then loosen the top nut.
Posted by: TJ

Re: Photo of Tbar crank - 05/01/05 04:24 AM

If you want to save yourself some trouble now, hit the nuts/bolts with nut blaster/penetrating oil a week a head of time, every day, until you do the adjustment.

When you finally have the nuts/bolts cleaned and ready for re-assembly...coat the threads with anti-seize compound...makes the next time take 5 minutes.

laugh

Re: Photo of Tbar crank - 05/01/05 09:18 AM

TJ do you own stock in nutblaster? you push it in almost every post. [Freak]
Posted by: TJ

Re: Photo of Tbar crank - 05/01/05 09:36 AM

I should go buy stock....

laugh

Its just that every frigging thing under the X I have ever worked on is rust welded...and the stuff works. (I do also say "/penetrating oil" when I say nut blaster though...so If I buy stock...I'll drop that part.

laugh
Posted by: BoneCrusher

Re: Photo of Tbar crank - 05/01/05 11:32 AM

you sure its nut blaster and not ball buster?

[LOL]

Re: Photo of Tbar crank - 05/01/05 08:38 PM

After you get done might want to get your alignment checked or you might have some extra wear on the outer edge of your front tires. Other than that, it's as simple as it sounds

Re: Photo of Tbar crank - 07/01/05 03:31 PM

Hey thanks guys! I was just tryin to find the page that showed the step-by-step, couldnt find it in a search!...I appreciate it!