How much does SAS cost All said and done?

Posted by: Anonymous

How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 25/01/06 03:34 PM

I am looking to do something really big when i graduate from HS in 1.5 years to my truck. I am either going to a run a 3 in. lift, Total Chaos Fabrications lift, or the Calmini SAS kit. I was just curious how much it cost to do a SAS on an Xterra with everything u need, installation and everything all said and done, including gears and alll that good stuff if i need it. also, i live in the Richmond, VA, and people at shops don't seem to like putting stuff on Xterras cause they feel that they are too weak, (Bull****!!). What place did u guys get your SAS on ur truck, cause i am tired of the shops in Richmond? [drink]

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 25/01/06 07:21 PM

Read through the thread by Branden Burden two posts down, tool.

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 06:49 AM

BE nice D

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Tool, thats funny [Laughing]

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 07:38 AM

Quote:
...not get your monring coffee??? [LOL] [LOL] [Huh?] laugh

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 08:35 AM

I have the calmini kit w/remote resevoir. The axle itself cost about $1200.

D44-$250
lockrite locker-$209
Gears/install kit-$200
Gear/locker installation-$250
Warn hubs-$89
U-joints-$40
New rotors-around $50
brake pads-$30
brake calipers-$30 with core

And still dont have the $400 swaybar.
Got the front driveshaft done at a local shop for $225.

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 12:30 PM

[Laughing] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
SWEET DBAX!!! [Finger]

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 12:47 PM

Some people have an attitude here, i mean really i ask a simple question and people give me shit. I don't know a whole lota crap about cars and stuff and was just pricing some stuff out to see where i stand with money.

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 02:24 PM

Did you read the post as I'd instructed you, in my own irrascible way? wink
And you didn't have to troll me you little plick [Finger] . I'm tryin' to help you here. You're a young guy who may not be able to afford what you're asking about. The answer is right where I said it'd be... If you were really serious about what you say you'd like to do, youd've researched all the info available to you here before asking your question. Don't get mad at me for being intolerant. Life is tough, it's tougher when your stupid.
Posted by: socalpunx

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Life is tough, it's tougher when your stupid.
Wish to give that another shot? laugh

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 02:40 PM

[Finger]
One F*$ing grammatical error in all those posts and you gotta' go gettin' wise...

Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid, like me.

[Finger]

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 02:49 PM

I guess I was just enjoying the irony. laugh

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 03:01 PM

MMMmm, lets see here, wat was the topic of this post again, o yea i was asking wat the price would be for a SAS kit and installation of it. The topic is not how much of a jackass u can be. Got that! [drink]

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 03:05 PM

But yes, DBAX, i will read other posts to make sure they havn't posted anything useful to answer my question, before i post my own question. Cool? [Wave]

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 03:07 PM

The topic is not how much of a jackass u can be.
You have NO idea..

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 03:10 PM

Now you're just being ungrateful.

You were politely directed to the following thread READ ME YOU LAZY SHIT which ,had you heeded said direction, you would have been exposed to the following information posted by someone who had performed the swap and posted the specific information you were looking for.

"It is an awesome setup...

Doing the SAS is a huge project. Remember that you will still have to find an axle and prep it. If you have no mechanical skills, this will add to the costs.

Figure most shops will want $70+ an hour for labor, so get ready to dish out some serious $$$ Possibly $2k+ to have somebody do the install, and maybe $1k+ more to do your axle prep. If you are going to have this completly done for you, figure in the $7-8k+ range once it is all said and done.

Here is an example of what I spent:

Dana 44 axle $550
Warn Hubs $100
New Rotors $60
New Calipers w/pads $90
Yukon 4.88 gears $140
ARB Locker $695

Calmini SAS $1800
Fox Coilovers $900
Sway Bar Kit $450
CV Shaft $450
Rear Springs $450

This doesn't include lots of other little stuff I had to purchase. Now I did do some options such as the locker, sway bars etc, but this is definatly a huge undertaking. Also remember once you go SAS you can't go back."

But no. You were not able to use the handy search mechanism. You were unable to follow the simple direction given by someone with good intentions that was leading you to your desired information. You absolutely had to be held by your bald underdeveloped dick and guided to a specific answer that was right in front of your pimple cratered face all along.

If you can't follow simple directions here how are you going to graduate high school let alone find a way to make and save the $4-5 + thousand dollars it's going to take to do a SAS you simple little boy.

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 03:13 PM

Thanks buddy, (sniffle) that was really kind of you.. I try but golly, it's soo difficult sometimes (sniffle) Thanks.

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrarob04:
i will read other posts to make sure they havn't posted anything useful to answer my question, before i post my own question. Cool? [Wave]
should have done that before starting this thread and having your ass handed to you.

thats what everyone should do.

when i first joined xoc, i wondered why everyone was ripping people for stupid shit, but then when you see a thread like this, its easy to understand why.people constantly posting the same fricken question, that was answered a million times gets old, real quick.

use the search button and avoid situations like this. learn from your experience.

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 03:48 PM

yea will do, well thanx for the SAS info SteelX

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrarob04:
yea will do, well thanx for the SAS info SteelX
tard.

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 04:33 PM

wat now!! shit sry, hahahahha, aight watever well why dont we just end this post like right now cause it is going nowhere, ok, we can all just compromise on that and move on.
Posted by: FSRBIKER

Re: How much does SAS cost All said and done? - 26/01/06 06:45 PM

I think he knows now to search before asking or look two posts down :rolleyes:

...I'll lock this thread down now.