shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#100174 - 04/08/03 03:45 PM Already have LSD up front?
Anonymous
Unregistered

On another post I stated how I got stuck in the mud this weekend and I also found out that all 4 of my tires were spinning chunking mud. I didn't know that a 2000 X sport package had all four wheels spinning. When I was getting out of the mud I had my drivers side door open looking out at the progress. My front left wheel wasn't spinning - then all of a sudden started to spin which of course sent mud blasting into the truck. frown . I had two friends with me who said that all four wheels were spinning getting me out of the mud. Can someone explain that to me if they know about my truck? I always thought that even when you shifted into 4HI or LO that you didn't actually have all four wheels spinning. You know like only having 1 frt and bk going. Sure, the limited slip in the back would make the other tire spin but in the front I thought there was something different. Why do people get new LSD's if they already have a working one in the front and back? I'm probably just mixed up on this one but clarification would be great.

#100175 - 04/08/03 06:03 PM Re: Already have LSD up front?
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
You don't have a limited-slip front diff. Mud is pretty slippery stuff, and you may have even been high-centered. Chances are that neither of your front tires had sufficient grip, or the opposite front tire lost enough traction momentarily to let the driver's tire fling mud into your truck. :p

People usually don't get "new" LSDs. They either replace their open rear diffs or they modify their current LSDs by adding an extra clutch plate so they have more traction.

Contact Calmini (www.purenissan.com) for front LSD availability if you want more front-axle traction.

#100176 - 05/08/03 09:29 AM Re: Already have LSD up front?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
In cases where traction is low and pretty equal all around, all 4 tires can spin. They're all getting power after all.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal