shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#100928 - 26/01/04 06:17 AM 1st Snow with my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

We got 8" of snow over night and my wife took the X to work frown , since she drives 25 miles and I drive 2 it did seem like a good idea, darn it! I did take the time to go over the 4X4 system with her before she left. laugh

I've been lurking here for a while and this is my first post, I really like the site, very informative. I got my truck a week before Xmas with 22,000 miles on it (2003 Blue).

#100929 - 26/01/04 06:24 AM Re: 1st Snow with my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by thekman:
We got 8" of snow over night and my wife took the X to work frown , since she drives 25 miles and I drive 2 it did seem like a good idea, darn it! I did take the time to go over the 4X4 system with her before she left. laugh

I've been lurking here for a while and this is my first post, I really like the site, very informative. I got my truck a week before Xmas with 22,000 miles on it (2003 Blue).
I've had my Xterra since November, and it got it's first taste of deep snow yesterday. Went out to take some pictures around town, the road to the Marina wasn't plowed at all, and had about a foot of blowing drifted snow. 4hi performed better in deep snow than I could have imagined! Didn't even try 4lo...

#100930 - 26/01/04 01:31 PM Re: 1st Snow with my X
Uzbad Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
Deep snow is ok, till it gets to point where you dont have clearance left anymore..So dont be much afraid of it, its damn icy/snowy polished road where all bets are off frown .

Just make sure to tell her that 4 wheels are only good to get you going, but will not help to do any stopping (except for engine braking of course). So cornering is something to pay lots of attention to. I know it sounds bleeding obvious, but there are lots of occasions when people aint getting it seriously and ending up in ditch/rolled/falling out from road. Also it helps to train on how to brake with engine on slippery road.

#100931 - 26/01/04 07:44 PM Re: 1st Snow with my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

She loved it! She said the weight and the bigger tires made a heck of a difference of her Accord. Maybe next snow storm I'll get to drive.

The first thing I told her before she left this morning, "Remember, everyone has 4 wheel brakes."

#100932 - 27/01/04 02:28 PM Re: 1st Snow with my X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Uzbad:
Deep snow is ok, till it gets to point where you dont have clearance left anymore..So dont be much afraid of it, its damn icy/snowy polished road where all bets are off frown
Amen to that:
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007414

btw - nice to see a Durango, CO member (I was born there) smile

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal