shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102646 - 29/01/03 09:18 PM What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
Senator101 Offline

Loc: California
What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
confused

#102647 - 30/01/03 04:35 AM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
NONE

everyting you do will affect PART of the bumper to bumper waranty wink

#102648 - 30/01/03 05:54 AM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
coferj Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL
even a cat back exhaust effects? That sucks...

#102649 - 30/01/03 06:49 AM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
K&N filter has to be it. Even the dealerships sell them. But the effects are pretty small. I use one more for maintenance benefits than performance.

-=RB42

#102650 - 30/01/03 08:27 AM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by rb42:
K&N filter has to be it. Even the dealerships sell them. But the effects are pretty small. I use one more for maintenance benefits than performance.

-=RB42
Try to reoil it , and kill one of the sensors in the intake
or not oil it enough, and get stuff in to the engine, and see if nissan will cover it wink

#102651 - 30/01/03 08:38 AM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
Metalikat3003 Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
You maybe could get away with one of the "Tornadoes" for the Air filter, because its not actually modification to the origional setup. Ive heard that they work pretty well on savong gas milage and so on, no reports for the X though. Here is the Tornado website....

Tornado Website

#102652 - 30/01/03 09:29 AM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
huevos Offline

Loc: Burbank, SoCal
[qb]-=RB42.Try to reoil it , and kill one of the sensors in the intake

If you don't know what your doing yes this can happen..but not likely if you take your time..Has yet to happen to me.. [Spit] ...Not really much out there as far as big power mods that won't void the warranty..

#102653 - 30/01/03 01:41 PM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
mil1982 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
tornado sucks and is just a waste of money. Go with a K&N filter and keep the stock box for when you need to take it to the dealer

#102654 - 04/02/03 07:42 AM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
Paco Pico Offline

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Senator101:
What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
confused
Always drive downhill - It will feel like you have an extra 15 hp... laugh

#102655 - 04/02/03 12:03 PM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
and better gas milage laugh

#102656 - 04/02/03 01:27 PM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
The tornado is a good idea except.... the X is not an environment it works well in.

The idea of making the incoming air swirl is great - but there is a balance, and the best area to induce swirl is right before the intake valves. It's something the engine designers take into account when designing valves and combustion chambers.

But the tornado is way to far upstream to make a difference (in fact it's more of a restriction). MAF screens straighten out the air flow for accurate metering, throttle plates let small crescent shaped areas pass while blocking most of the intake tube, and on SC's the vanes would totally break up swirl, not to mention the distribution across multiple intake ports below...

The fuel magnets supper the same type of problems. Yes, magnets do change molecule alignment and some studies show it's easier to burn in a lab environment, but try putting that "aligned" fuel through the twists and turns of a fuel rail, much less the regulator and the magnetic fields in an injector, and you've got nothing to show.

I will give fuel line (maybe even air intake) magnets one benefit: They may be strong enough to hold/pull ferrous contaminants (metal particles) out of the stream and keep them from getting into the engine. Strong enough ones do help keep oil cleaner. But unless you can periodically get rid of that buildup (by changing a fuel/air filter containing the magnets maybe?) I would be scared the stuff would eventually break off and clog something or cause a blockage.

I'm suprised someone hasn't come out with a magnetic air filter yet or even an electrostatic one.... keep watching ebay! wink

#102657 - 28/03/03 10:27 PM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
PaulsX Offline

Loc: Virginia Beach, Va.
Tow around a 4,000lb trailer all day, then unhook it and take a spin. You will swear to god there's another 50hp!! (although the sensation only last about 15 minutes!) laugh

sorry, couldn't help it..

My warranty is up, so I say screw it.. Since mine serves mostly as a tow vehicle I'm planning on getting some free flowing cats and having a decent dual exhaust with a crossover pipe made up. I'm gonna keep it nice and quiet though.. Just need to free up some power..
Don't want to spend too much money since I plan on stepping up to a SC 4x4 next year.
97 GS-T

#102658 - 30/03/03 11:40 AM Re: What is the cheapest way to get more engine performance with No Warranty Risk?
syn33 Offline

Loc: san jose, ca
what you can do is....

you can buy the part where ever, and have the dealer install it for you.

however check with your dealer first before you buyz the parts.

Moderator:  socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal