shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102865 - 19/10/04 02:59 PM New Xterra Owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey gang,

I'm a fairly new owner of a 2004 Xterra XE 2WD Black w/ World Championship Package (purchased in September).

After months of research (test drove: Honda Pilot, Jeep Durango, Hyundai Sante Fe, Ford Explorer among a few) I finally came back to my original choice. Although most had a nicer ride with a roomier interior, the main reason I bought an X is because it's a Nissan and I was warned against buying domestic (I really liked the way the Explorer drove).

After just over a 1K miles, I'm having issues with the "Service Engine Soon" light, which I was told is just a fuel cap problem. So I've retightened and hope that does the trick.

Crappy gas mileage aside, I love it. What I did want to do however, is add a black tint to the rear brake lights. If for no other reason, than to distinguish it from all the other Xterras in SoCal. I'm wondering if anyone's done this with their's yet and if they know the laws against it.

Any other (cheap) modification ideas to spiff up my new ride would be appreciated...thanks!

#102866 - 19/10/04 06:45 PM Re: New Xterra Owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

The break lights are there so people know you are stopping!! You put tint on them, first it is illegal, second if someone rear ends you, they can sue you!!

There are window wind deflectors, which can keep the rain out when you crack the windows. Varoius cargo nets for the inside & rack. To go faster, there are exhausts & intakes. Reprogram your computer is you are into that. Bigger or smaller tires, lift it or slam it.. lots of options.
www.xterraparts and www.4x4parts.com are 2 good places to start looking..

Moderator:  socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal