2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#106143 - 28/07/07 09:33 PM Re: xterra chaos
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
LOL

I've been 16 too many times.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#106144 - 29/07/07 10:22 AM Re: xterra chaos
Anonymous
Unregistered

man, this is a tough crowd."0" im 32 years old, not a teeny booper. eric in the pics is my nefhew, 17 years old, i take him w/ let him drive. tj it seems im hurting you abusing my truck frown . i know my trucks limits, i want it better. jumping is my down fall. can't stop.(problem. i know). climbing rocks and driving through the woods too grandmothers house is fine. but im tired of sitting on the ground pushing the ball back and fouth. i want to stand up and throw it. so aside of the childish comments, i think you guys may have helped. choas suspension will help my ignorance, not cure it, and a locker to stay off the gas on the bigger rocks and steeper hills. THAK YOU!!!! i will start w/ a locker, and possibly 5.14 front and rear.

#106145 - 29/07/07 11:34 AM Re: xterra chaos
Anonymous
Unregistered

For jumping I would go with:

Total Chaos Front end lift kit
L&P Steering or Total Chaos
Spring over on the rear with ALCAN Leaf Springs
Locker, A locked truck will go further than an open lifted truck.

I am not saying you cant jump an SAS truck but Dessert runners are IFS for a reason.

Stay away from any big beefy bumpers (ARB, Calimini, TJM, Shrockworks) and if anything get a tube front done. Weight is your enemy so you need to start thinking of ways to keep it light and functional.

#106146 - 29/07/07 04:31 PM Re: xterra chaos
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Do you carry safety equipment with you,spare shafts/parts, have the knowledge to make trail repairs, tow strap, winch? I would also at least carry a stinger and cables to run a trail welder setup.
EOE...Opening Soon!

#106147 - 29/07/07 04:50 PM Re: xterra chaos
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
For jumping I would go with:

Total Chaos Front end lift kit
L&P Steering or Total Chaos
Spring over on the rear with ALCAN Leaf Springs
Locker, A locked truck will go further than an open lifted truck.

I am not saying you cant jump an SAS truck but Dessert runners are IFS for a reason.

Stay away from any big beefy bumpers (ARB, Calimini, TJM, Shrockworks) and if anything get a tube front done. Weight is your enemy so you need to start thinking of ways to keep it light and functional.
I'd do the SOA only if he still insisted on 35's. SUA with a fulle Deaver pack works great and does not run as high a risk of axle wrap, something I am sure he would experience.

#106148 - 29/07/07 05:29 PM Re: xterra chaos
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes, some equip/extras. tow strap, mech. wire, few small 2x4s, tools, no winch/welder. extra t-bars, alternator, misc. nuts/bolt.

yeah think ill leave the 35" as an itch for now, maybe scratch it later. locker for sure next week.

#106149 - 29/07/07 08:09 PM Re: xterra chaos
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would also check into hydraulic bump stops, that would help to take some of the impact. Also what kinda shocks u running?? Like mentioned stay lite. If that means gutting out the interior that will put less stress on your drive-tran and suspension.

#106150 - 31/07/07 03:16 PM Re: xterra chaos
Anonymous
Unregistered

currently running A/C articulator suspension package w/ RS9000X shocks,(9 adjustments). hydralic stops hmmm. ill check it out. thanks

#106151 - 15/08/07 11:25 PM Re: xterra chaos
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
My 2 cents since I am the spectator (co-driver) of the XterraRacer I can shed some light on how we make it JUMP. We have a set up that is custom - meaning lots of fab! The most important element, besides the obvious of added components through out, is understanding your shocks. The stiffer they are the better they will perform when landing hard. The front end on the X is very stiff however we manage to survive hours of pounding. The shocks absorb the load rather than letter components (bump stops, control arms, etc) - we have had failure when the shocks have not done their job due to set up.

Someone mentioned a locker... yes, its going to help keep your nose straight while lining up to hit the lip perpendicular... but I can tell you many of times we have launched and landed on 1 wheel... such would be the case if you did not have a locker (or spool). Overall, the locked rear will grant you more even transfer of power to the loose dirt. Additionally, the locker will provide more control in the corners as you can predict how it will react - consistently.

Desert racing WILL break parts. The list goes on and on, but we do it because we love it.

For more information and to chat more specifically with XterraRacer (Dave) please check us out at www.teamxterraracing.com

Robert

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal