2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#106756 - 20/08/05 06:10 AM Need some help with install of SAS.
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
OK my kit has arrived and is all layed out on my garage floor. I will be beginning the install today after work. All the hardware has already been welded onto the axle so i am at the removal and install stage. The problem is that the calmini disc is not loading so i cannot see the instructions. Can anyone help me out posting pictures of what to cut. I also need details on how to set up the tightness of the springs on the coilovers.

#106757 - 20/08/05 08:42 AM Re: Need some help with install of SAS.
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Photos of what you have to cut/grind, last one is the upper shock mount gone. Same on both sides. E- mailed you the instructions to wajudoo@hot….. 8 parts ~8mb each so I hope you have broadband

Air tools make quick work of all the bolts. Really not that hard just tedious, I took the lower a-arms off as one piece and don’t separate them but wait until the cutting/grinding then the fun really starts laugh and sparks fly.

Get some good cutting blades for the sawzall & and several cutting & grinding discs for the angle grinder and you should be good to go.

Don't really need to worry about the tightness of the coil-overs just the ride height you're going for. Mine have 1" of threads shows on top and you leave 1/2" below that and set the stop for the coil bucket divider thing.

Good luck mang smile get it done and come up and ride the 'Con with us 9/16-18
Brian

#106758 - 20/08/05 09:30 AM Re: Need some help with install of SAS.
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Yes.. what he said.

on the upper portion of the frame where you cut the bracket off you want to follow the contour of the frame rail from the front all the way back to where the mount is welded to the frame (about where the red line on my photo stops as it moves to the back of the truck)

Note. You will notice that when you cut the front part off you are going to have a gap between what is left of UCA mounts and the frame. This is normal and you should not worry about it. Call me if you have any questions about it.

#106759 - 22/08/05 06:12 AM Re: Need some help with install of SAS.
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Well..

How did it go?

Pics?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal