shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108614 - 09/11/02 09:43 AM offroad worthiness
Liberator Offline

I am about to purchase a second SUV soon and was wondering about the offroad worthiness. If you guys would give me some feedback on this, that would be great. I took it on a test drive and onroad it wasn't that impressive and the salesman would not let me take it offroad.So I'm assuming that that what it kacks onnroad it makes up for offroad.

Thanks guys! confused

#108615 - 09/11/02 09:50 AM Re: offroad worthiness
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Check out posts in this category: Events

You'll find a boatload of pic/stories of outings and get a great idea of what an X can do. (Both 'modded' and stock.)

#108616 - 09/11/02 10:56 AM Re: offroad worthiness
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
Don't be so hard on the guy, he doesn't have one yet and he is interested in possibly getting one. Overlooking the spelling is pretty easy to do. Anyways I think pictures speak louder than words so here you go.

#108617 - 09/11/02 02:43 PM Re: offroad worthiness
Liberator Offline

taose are some cool pics. now another ? for you do XTERRA'Shave a full frame or partial. I'm asumming that is your truck now do you have lockers or not.
thanks alot guys!! cool

#108618 - 09/11/02 07:31 PM Re: offroad worthiness
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Axle has no lockers... in fact his is basicly stock... save for the bumper and i believe tires... its not even lifted...

as for the frame question, im a bit confused... i dont know what a "partial frame" is, but the Xterra is built of the frontier pickup platform, so it is a truck, with true Body on frame design... not Unibody like the Jeep Liberty or other competitors

#108619 - 09/11/02 08:21 PM Re: offroad worthiness
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Yep. It is the same frame as an RC 4WD Frontier would be.

#108620 - 13/11/02 04:32 AM Re: offroad worthiness
BooBear Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
No we don't have lockers but we can do alot without them, having four wheel drive makes a big difference. We are gradually working on mods for the X. Still need a oil pan skid plate, steering system and a lift. But we have fun without it. Check into your local group & see if you can go on a run & check out in person what an X can do. It was because of being out with the Frontier with SCCX we decided to get an X. Hope you decide to get one! By the way that was me driving in all the pics!!! [Wave]

#108621 - 13/11/02 01:29 PM Re: offroad worthiness
Kinetic Offline

Loc: Bristol, Tn
From the GONE Tellico pre-run...
Tellico fun

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal