2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111224 - 01/03/03 10:34 AM All Quiet On The Western Front
debgary Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Greetings from the other side of the world. Well it looks as if the Turks aren't going to give us the green light we were loooking for to bring in the additional troops. Their Parliment voted less than needed for a majority vote. So much for the push from the north. Someone who is assigned here as permanent party has a 2000 Silver X. The potential for great 4wheeling is just outside the gate. The only thing to worry about is getting shot at by some Kurdistan terrorist group. The weather is great, highs in the 50's, compared to summer months, high's in the low 100's. I haven't had chance to get off base yet, and when I do I'll be restricted to the area just out of the front gate known as the "Alley". I did some carpet and jewelry shopping the last 2 times I was here. This time I'm just interested in picking up about a half dozen Mercham pipes to turn around and sell on eBay. Mercham (I don't think I'm spelling that right)is a stone that is naturally available here. That's it for now.

#111225 - 01/03/03 03:44 PM Re: All Quiet On The Western Front
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Glad to hear you're doing okay, Gary. My brother has one of those Meerschaum (I think that's the spelling) pipes that you were talking about. He and his buddies suddenly got into pipes and cigars for some reason and I think he bought it at some convention in Vegas.

Keep your head down and stay safe!

jeff

#111226 - 03/03/03 07:54 AM Re: All Quiet On The Western Front
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I'm familiar with the 2000 Silver X - fine automobile. wink

Glad to hear things are going relatively okay. Hopefully you won't need to be in the thick of things if/when it gets rolling - our fingers are crossed for you.

So, if you do go wheeling, take some pics. It'll be the first overseas NCCX outing. eek [Wave]

#111227 - 29/03/03 09:49 PM Re: All Quiet On The Western Front
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Hey, Gary, I don't know when you'll get the chance to see this, but I thought I'd let you know that your truck is still in one piece. smile I was at Mel Cotton's Sporting Goods this morning and saw it in the parking lot. Of course, I hope whoever was driving it has your permission to use it or I might've just gotten someone in trouble. laugh [Wave] I haven't met anyone in your family other than your daughter (at the last Hollister outing) and I don't think she has her license yet, so I didn't recognize anyone in the store and when I came out again, it was gone.

#111228 - 01/04/03 12:03 PM Re: All Quiet On The Western Front
debgary Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Yea, I let the wife drive it while I'm gone. No sense in letting it sit for a couple of months. Looks like it might be a bit longer before I return home. We might be getting a bit closer to the action in a couple of weeks. Andy will be here tomorrow to help the cause. We'll keep in touch. [Wave]

#111229 - 01/04/03 12:17 PM Re: All Quiet On The Western Front
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Damn... You guys be safe.

#111230 - 01/04/03 08:35 PM Re: All Quiet On The Western Front
Tolleyy Offline

Loc: Wheatland, CA
Take care of business over there guys and come home safely.
04 Titan LE CC BT OR E-locker Hypertech max energy DIY airbox mod PAC-Audio IPOD navigation video interface with night vision back up camera 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers Bilstein 5100's all around with 08 PRO4X springs up front and lovin it!

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal