2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111670 - 24/11/03 10:50 PM new owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi guys, my name is matt and I am a new owner of a 2002 x SE s/c. I am really excited about hooking up with you guys for some trail runs.

I started off roading when I was about 7 years old with my brother in the dunes of Pismo Beach. Growing up in southern california I learned about the joys of desert running and prerunners. My first vehicle was a fully custom s-10 with roll cage and tube frame setup featuring racerunners at every wheel and a custom three link in the back. needless to say I had some fun. About three years ago a drunk driver destroyed that little part of my life and I adopted a toyota camry. About a week ago that was taken away from me by another driver showing negligence of law and totalling it with his 75 continental.

I had been thinking about jumping on an X right after my truck was totalled but purchased the camry from a family member out of sheer convience. Now that I have the X I am ready to get back into the real world. I am going to school up in Chico and don't have much to spend on mods right now but I still hope to take part in the runs that my near stock vehicle can journey into.

Like I said, I would like to join the club so if any of the in charge individuals would care to contact me via email I would appreciate it.

thanks guys, happy trails.

matt.comer.smbiotk.ink

#111671 - 24/11/03 11:43 PM Re: new owner
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by inked operator:
....in the dunes of Pismo Beach... I had been thinking about jumping ... an X
Did someone say jumping an X at Pismo?

http://home.pacbell.net/creechaa/jump/index.htm

#111672 - 25/11/03 09:44 AM Re: new owner
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Welcome inked operator! [Wave]

#111673 - 25/11/03 01:20 PM Re: new owner
Dos Equis Offline

Loc: Concord
All right, another new guy. Don't worry there are plenty of runs you can do with a stock X. Mine is stock as well. While the Rubicon is out of the question, you would be surprised what you can conquer or climb over laugh . Surprised would not be the words my wife would use, but hey, what can you do.

Just to note, do not try wheeling with an X loaded with Pre-Thanksgiving Celebration leftovers. There's something about eggnog, pumpkin pie, and turkey left overs that do not mix well with large bumps, steep grades, and sudden stops at the edge of mud pits that just does not mix! I spent Sunday night cleaning that up. But at least I got some wheeling in last weekend, even if it was just a stop on the way home.

I digress. Hope to see you at future runs. FYI...Big Ass Phil, if you are reading this, we should get together with the more Northern guys and do a run up in your area. Let me know if you have any ideas.

See you in the dirt.

#111674 - 25/11/03 02:11 PM Re: new owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am JEALOUS!! You got to go 4 wheeling last weekend.. WAAAAAA... Oh well, I got to go 4 wheeling at the concord weapons station along the ccwd pipeline at work today.. I would post picures, but the 6'4" guy with the really big gun said no pictures..
have to go to
Hollister....

#111675 - 25/11/03 04:18 PM Re: new owner
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by inked operator:

Like I said, I would like to join the club so if any of the in charge individuals would care to contact me via email I would appreciate it.

Welcome to the club Matt!

To join our mailing list just go to the Yahoo.groups site and click on join this group.

More info on the club can be found on the NCCX website . And you can PM or email me if you have any other questions.

BTW, most of the club communication is done here.

#111676 - 26/11/03 10:24 AM Re: new owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome Inked Operator [Wave]

As Dos Equis said, you will be surprised at what a stock X will do. I was. Can't wait to go out and find out somemore. Anyone wanting to do a run up North (somewhere around the tahoe area, or within a few hours of here) I'm in.

laugh Have fun with the new X

#111677 - 26/11/03 01:57 PM Re: new owner
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Welcome to the world that is Xterra Owners Club. wink What meaning does "Inked Operator" have?

#111678 - 27/11/03 12:04 AM Re: new owner
Anonymous
Unregistered

simply put, I've got a fair amount of tattoos, some of which are very visible. seemed appropriate enough ya know? you guys will be able to see for yourselves though at the next meet.

Casper, I'd be really interested in something mor eup near "our" neck of the woods. You know more about the terrain around there than I do. email me with some ideas if you wanna flip a trip.

Catch you guys soon...

matt.smbiotk.ink.operated.catastrophe

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal