shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111861 - 18/10/04 11:09 AM AC A-Arms
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got the new a-arms installed saturday, before the rains.. hehe
Went to wheel works to reallign.. got the mother of all dirty looks.. I guess i should have tried harder to have the 2 front tires pointing remotely in the same direction..
I didn't reindex the bars, just cranked till one topped out, and cranked the other to match.. about 3/4" to 1" between the stops..
front is a little over 1" higher then before.. (was already cranked before i started)..
The adjuster bolts were loose!!!! I think that was the cause of my clunking noise for the last 6 months.. They were nice enough to retorque the lug nuts for me..
what worked for me on the ball joints, was first to kiss them off.. they are going to be destroyed, so deal with it. beat them for a bit with the pickle fork, then turn the wheel away from the wide you are working on, IE left side tirh to the right, right side, to the left
put the pickle forn right behind (on the right, in front of the left) of the caliper, in the low spot between the caliper & the roter dust shield..
with the frane on a jackstand, lower the a-arm with the jack, till the jack bottoms out, and wail on the pickle fork, like it made your team lose the superbowl, your wire do the mail man, and it got your kid kiched out of school.. and with a crash of the pickle fork hitting the ground, otu is popped.. the first side i beat on for 90 minutes not wanting to damage the brakes..
all it did is bend the shield 3/16" down, and it bent right back up after i was done.. side 2 = 5 minutes.. now I have to take the damn skid off to put n the idle arm brace [Crybaby] , guess it could be worse.. sence it alligns i am not worried about cranking it the rest of the way till i get my new steering from calmini in jan, or feb.. then i guess i have to reindex, and allign it all again...
on another note, anyone know a good fabricator to move my calmini up 2"?

#111862 - 18/10/04 04:50 PM Re: AC A-Arms
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
You should get help next time... [Geek] [Huh?] eek

The "Calmini" can't be "moved up", so don't bother. Your IAB will be useless with the Calmini Steering, and judging from the description of your last experience...get help putting it on...seriously, get help... [Wave]

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#111863 - 18/10/04 09:18 PM Re: AC A-Arms
Anonymous
Unregistered

by moved up i was refering to some kind of braketry got the 2 front mounting holes, and either redrilling / sleaving the frame for the 4 side holes, or making the brakets huge, and making new mounting holes in the calmini. I was pondering 2x2 bar steel, drilled & tapped for the front, drilled through for the sides, and 3 to 5 holes drilled down to bolt it to the frame. Maybe with an I beam welded between to make it stronger.not really worried about adding 100 lbs to the front of my truck. Calmini (if they ever get off their butts) have a 3" bl with a new subframe to remount their bumper.. I just don't want to wait till the day after never to order it.. Ac's rear bumper will bolt up 2" higher, and Huey's supplyer for skidders can do from stock to 3" bl. So that only leaves the calmini to move..

PS..
It is funny watching people try to climb into and fall out of my truck.. Why are all my co-workers short? :p

#111864 - 19/10/04 11:35 PM Re: AC A-Arms
Anonymous
Unregistered

so chris, enough with the chatter... make with the pix man!!! laugh

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal