2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111889 - 16/08/03 11:49 AM HELP...Where Can I Get A: K & N Air Intake System Locally???
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
HELP...

Does anyone know where I can get a K & N Air Intake System for the Xterra, Locally & In Stock???

I'd really like to get one installed before my trip to GOX...

Thanx,

#111890 - 16/08/03 01:11 PM Re: HELP...Where Can I Get A: K & N Air Intake System Locally???
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
...I don't think there's any stores that have xterra specific ones in stock... I'm sure you can order it, though.

Isn't there a long enough time for you to place an order and wait for it to arrive before GOX?

#111891 - 16/08/03 04:03 PM Re: HELP...Where Can I Get A: K & N Air Intake System Locally???
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by KaiOtiK:
HELP...
You've fallen and can't get up?
You sucked a t-shirt into your intake because your air filter had a hole in it?
Or, you've lost your air filter and sucked in a pound of sand and dirt?

confused

Just trying to get an idea of the emergency... BTW, have you checked your owner's manual or first aid kit to see if your answer can be found there? :p

#111892 - 16/08/03 07:59 PM Re: HELP...Where Can I Get A: K & N Air Intake System Locally???
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Hey All,

Thought I'd let you all know, I removed that darn stock air-box today...What a releif.

I found an APC Air Filter and an adaptor that works on the Xterra...I left all the stock tubing alone, removed the air-box, installed the APC adaptor & Air Filter...Also installed an APC Heat Shroud designed for the Air Filter which I installed.

I gave it a test drive down to eastgate mall and back. It works great...There's quite a noticable difference in horsepower and lack of engine strain jumping on the gas as well as crusing speed.

I'm pretty happy, though I will eventually get the K & N Air Intake System...But until then, this will do fine.

I'll show you all at the next In & Out meeting...Unless it's before September 12th!

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal