shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112409 - 02/07/08 10:40 AM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good to hear from you Josh.
You are not not confused I do have a taller old white Toyota pickup. No grill, tinted and noisy.

Actually, can we push back the meeting times by an hour. I need to run an errand that morning that will delay my departure.
12:30pm Madera
2-2:15pm Shaver Lake gas station

#112410 - 02/07/08 01:23 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Anonymous
Unregistered

Works for me. I believe I have your cell # so I can give you a call when I get there. I will also pm you my cell.

Casper

#112411 - 02/07/08 07:06 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Ruger1022 Offline

Loc: Visalia, CA
Casper, got your email, so I know what I'm looking for.

So the planned meet is now for 2.00-2.15? Still workable by me, and we're still planning on the gas station, right? We'll probably get up there a little earlier and eat lunch right there. There's a little pizza place I've always wanted to try. I'll keep a radio on channel 8 nearby, so just give a holler when you approach, but from 2.00 to 2.15 I'll try to be standing next to my X.

I was having an idea today, and I ran it by my girlfriend. Oddly enough she didn't tell me to stop having ideas, but rather encouraged it. I'll try it out here:

For a while now we've been wanting to do a late afternoon run up Bald Mtn. Once at the top, we'd wait and watch the sunset, then make our way on back down. Our scouting trip two weeks ago would have been great for this, as it was a full moon and a beautiful sunset that night, but due to the day's other unplanned events (more details around the fire, suffice to say we owe many thanks to the Fresno county sheriff's office search and rescue folks, as well as the Forest Service people...), we were not in the mood to hang around.

This time though, I think I'm going to go though with this plan. Up and watch the sunset, and then stay and watch Shaver's fireworks over the lake (planned to begin after the boat parade). The moon will be next to nothing, but I've got a couple little lights, a lot of experience with the trail, so I'm doing it. Anyone who'd like to join, feel free.

Other than that, guys, let me know about the plan for tomorrow, and I'm off to gather supplies! See you all soon!

MV

#112412 - 06/07/08 08:57 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Ruger1022 Offline

Ok folks, just a quick note from us, since we are the first to arrive home. It was a good trip, great weather, and good people. Many thanks to those who chose to join me for the night trip, I hope everyone's pictures turn out great. Here are a few of ours:

Camp, with Josh and Geoff

On the trail

Fording a strem on the Strawberry Lake trail

Fireworks over Shaver Lake, seen from Bald Mountain

I'm sure everyone else will have a few pics to share, but for now, I'm off to bed in my own bed.

MV

#112413 - 07/07/08 09:51 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great trip guys. As usual, nice to see the old friends, and make some new ones. I love wheeling with NCCX guys. I always learn something new on every trip, and this one was no exception.

What I learned this weekend.
1. Waiting all winter to get together with good friends is to long a time.
2. Sharing a good meal around a camp fire is priceless.
3. The "piro" jean runs in the family (including husbands and wives)
4. Aftermarket shock mounts should be made STRONGER.
5. Running with no rear shocks adds "excitement" to everything.
6. Duck tape DOES NOT seal the "wag bag" from a PETT toilet.
7. It is amazing how much "stuff" can spread over the roof of an Xterra and trailer on the way home.
8. I remember why I don't like taking a sponge bath in a gas station bathroom.
9. No rear shocks, towing a trailer, doing 58 mph on what Cal-trans called a "fixed" freeway in one lane of traffic because Cal-trans has blocked the other lane will result in the following: One blown drivers side trailer tire, one slightly ripped off drivers side trailer fender, 27ish traffic cone killed (one stuffed between the calmini front skid and the engine), one smashed oil filter(killed by above mentioned cone), one broken taillight on a VERY understanding CHP officers patrol car, one "Reckless Driving" ticket from above mentioned officer, 2 hours of time in the middle of the freeway and a heart beat that matches the pace of humming bird wings.

I just got home, and as usual I have one heck of a camp fire story for next time.
See you all at camp WAMP, if I can fix things enough to go.

Casper

[Geek]

#112414 - 07/07/08 10:15 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Dude, Josh, I'm sorry to hear about your highway tragedy! Yikes, I'm glad you're OK!

Sorry about the, uh, leakage. Perhaps we need to rethink how the waste baggie should be used (possibly only for solids?)
, and quite possibly how it should be protected after discarding.

#112415 - 07/07/08 11:14 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Ruger1022 Offline

Ummm...

Josh, I know we just met and all, and Maggie and I might not rank at the top of your friends list, but we've got to know more about that trip home. Waiting until the next time we can manage to sit around a campfire might be a little too long.

I'm glad to hear you're ok (and I assume Porthos too?). I know I was a little worried about you on the way home with the missing shocks and all, but I was hoping for better than this. Did they at least let you keep the cone as a "trophy"?

Please fill us in.

MV

#112416 - 08/07/08 08:21 AM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
Dude, Josh, I'm sorry to hear about your highway tragedy! Yikes, I'm glad you're OK!

Sorry about the, uh, leakage. Perhaps we need to rethink how the waste baggie should be used (possibly only for solids?)
, and quite possibly how it should be protected after discarding.
No worries, just got my heart pounding a little. Trailer can be fixed and it looks like I just popped the bead on the tire. As for the waste bag, I have already decided how to fix this. I will be bringing a gasket sealed container from now on. Kinda like the box I have on the roof for Porthos waste. And yes Porthos is fine. Oh, and the "gel" affect does not quite work. The "solids" were the problem. Oh well, I feel I now know each of you a tab more then I did before. [Freak]

Casper
[Geek]

#112417 - 08/07/08 09:52 AM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Anonymous
Unregistered

Josh - I just read about your Smokey & The Bandit adventure. The only thing missing was Jerry Reed kicking over the motorcycles outside of the bar..... Seriously though, glad to hear that your allright!

I'll just have to remember that if I'm following you in the future that the fluids hitting my windscreen may not be from your windshield fluid.

#112418 - 08/07/08 11:03 AM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Woah Josh, glad you and Porthos are OK. Sucks about the ticket though... frown

BTW, great trip all! It was the perfect balance of wheeling, relaxing, and good humor at the expense of Uncle Dean. laugh

Here's a few pics:

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3268/2649223682_002ea65fb4.jpg?v=0[/img]

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3251/2649223394_1babf0a934.jpg?v=0[/img]

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3039/2648387703_45cea2d959.jpg?v=0[/img]

The rest are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hogre/

Oh and I have HUGE size versions, just let me know what you want.

#112419 - 08/07/08 11:25 AM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW! That got a bunch more exciting after we parted ways. Glad to hear they you and pup are safe despite the mixed problems.

Dean,
I think that that set of PETT bags might be a bad batch Weren't there two different bags that had issues? Before this I don't recall any issues.

#112420 - 08/07/08 01:08 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Piett:

Dean,
I think that that set of PETT bags might be a bad batch Weren't there two different bags that had issues? Before this don't recall any issues.
You might be right about that. This is the first time they've been a problem. Also, I think perhaps that we likely overused each bag, which contributed to their failure. It looks like they're rated for only 32 ounces each, which would be a max of 3-4 uses.

#112421 - 08/07/08 01:21 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
Quote:
Originally posted by Piett:
[b]
Dean,
I think that that set of PETT bags might be a bad batch Weren't there two different bags that had issues? Before this don't recall any issues.
You might be right about that. This is the first time they've been a problem. Also, I think perhaps that we likely overused each bag, which contributed to their failure. It looks like they're rated for only 32 ounces each, which would be a max of 3-4 uses.[/b]
32 ounces = 3-4 uses? [Freak] What are you a mouse? I usually..........wait thats probebly TOO much information. [Uh Oh !] Never mind.

On another note the new fender will be here tomorrow. laugh God I love Fed-Ex and sponsors. cool :p cool

Casper

eek

#112422 - 08/07/08 07:31 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy shit, Josh! You weren't kidding. Glad to hear you're safe and sound, I'll see if I can't get another X-member fabbed up for you and shipped out.

Cheers,

Ty.

#112423 - 08/07/08 11:45 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Ruger1022 Offline

After having looked through the photos, it's plain to see that Porthos loves him some shocks. It's like a dog and his bone, except it's Porthos and his shocks.

I'll see about getting some more pics of ours up...

MV

#112424 - 09/07/08 01:02 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Holy shit, Josh! You weren't kidding. Glad to hear you're safe and sound, I'll see if I can't get another X-member fabbed up for you and shipped out.

Cheers,

Ty.
Sweeet, thanks Ty. I e-mailed you a few questions.

Ruger,
What self respecting, off-roading dog would have a bone to play with when there is a perfect pair of rancho shocks he can chew on and play with. :p Thats my Porthos.

Casper
[Smoking]

#112425 - 09/07/08 07:45 PM Re: Shaver Lakes Region 7/3 - 7/7
Anonymous
Unregistered

E-mail on the way!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal